Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Had an interesting couple weeks where I was essentially banned for being flagged too many times. No word from a mod on having broken any forum rules. Then after a week I was able to post again... and the next day... was banned again for too many flags. Again... no word from a mod on any rules broken.

This tells me that mob rule is permitted here on Gamespot and regardless of your warning that abusing flagging will have repercussions, there are none and mob rule is allowed.

I'm pretty sure I know the group of people from the political forums flagging all my posts to get me silenced. The flagging rule obviously needs to be looked at and rethought as regular users have become those with the ban hammer.

I also contacted GS Support and they were basically useless; either not communicating what they were looking into or not caring to bother with the complaint.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I just took a quick look at your moderation history. It doesn't show that anyone has taken a formal action on your account since June of 2021. You were probably temporarily suspended for forum karma. I noticed that your forum karma has since dwindled down to zero.

Every time that you are reported, you gain one forum karma. If the report is found to be valid, it stays, and if the report is not found to be valid, it is removed from your account. Once you reach 10 karma, you are temporarily prevented from posting until your karma drops below 10. Sometimes it takes us a bit to go through the reports as we are a team of volunteers.

However, what I will say is that going through your posting history, a good chunk of your posts are very abrasive. I can tolerate people being blunt, but some of that stuff definitely toes the line of what we would consider acceptable and what we wouldn't consider acceptable here. I'd recommend changing your tone a bit in your wording to avoid so many reports.

If you feel you are being targeted, you are more than welcome to reach out to the moderator team through the message system, and if someone is free they can take a quick look at reports and act on them individually. Report abuse is also taken seriously and will be dealt with appropriately.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm abrasive because I don't hand hold. Frankly, some on these boards are quite literally insane given their responses. I don't put it past them to work together to gang up on those that oppose their worldview.

The Karma idea needs to be reworked so that end users don't have the ability to ban other users via abusing the system.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 verbtex  Moderator

@Telekill: I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but out of genuine curiosity, what rework to the karma system would you like to see? I'm open to hearing more about a better system, I'll definitely throw my support behind a better system in the Feedback Fourm.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 verbtex  Moderator

Just a quick reminder, only mods are allowed to respond in the Ask the Mods! forum