Enhancements-Emblems?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

Hi I'm darthkaiser....I've been a GS user for quite a while now and I've seen many changes in my user life, the change to 80*80 avatars, the new forum look, the new gs look and the new profile look. I must say that as a user of this site I'm quite happy with the changes because I know that these help the site improvement and a good looking site is attractive to new users.

Something I really like of this site is the emblem feature, It is the first thing I look on a user profile and I liked the way people had many rows of emblems, to me they were like war medals and you could see how many events you've seen and how many achivements you have.

Something that I don't quite like now is how emblems have lost so much of their visibility and thus, their importance. They have been shoved off to the side, with only 8 being visible, I really don't mind the location anywhere would be perfect the only thing that bothers me and I'm sure most users is the fact that only 8 emblems are visible, I would like to encourage gamespot to make every single one of your emblems visible. Emblems are something to be proud of and they should be out and on display. You shouldn't have to open another window just to get the emblem descriptions and to see all of someone's emblems.

Thanks for reading this

Darthkaiser

StevenHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 StevenHawking
Member since 2004 • 1584 Posts
However, I'm really torn about their newer system of displaying emblems. I mean, it does conserve space for those people who have MANY emblems and if you just click "see all" you can view all the emblems; you also get a detailed description of whatever emblem you hover over, which is really nice. Also, I think they should have a few more emblems to earn as well. I feel like I haven't seen new emblems in AGES!!!
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
While I FULLY hate only seeing 8 emblems that are always the same, I wouldn't mind seeing only 8 if the user of the profile got to pick which 8 got shown. Sorry but I don't care to see that 600 users all have the same 8 emblems on their profile. I want to know and see which of their emblems they like the best, not which ones are newest

StevenHawking Umm there have been a lot in the past few months tho. The thanksgiving video contest alone had 3.
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 trodeback
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

^^ Agree

Seeing the same emblems automatically featured in everyone's profile get's old. It would be nice to feature the ones that you like and are unique.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts
While I FULLY hate only seeing 8 emblems that are always the same, I wouldn't mind seeing only 8 if the user of the profile got to pick which 8 got shown. Sorry but I don't care to see that 600 users all have the same 8 emblems on their profile. I want to know and see which of their emblems they like the best, not which ones are newest

StevenHawking Umm there have been a lot in the past few months tho. The thanksgiving video contest alone had 3.
fastesttruck

This would be a great way to do it!
DouglasBuffone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6 DouglasBuffone
Member since 2004 • 9421 Posts
During the beta I brought up some similar points. However, the big thing is that for people who are not able to load all of the images fast enough. Fastesttruck was a major proponent of the 8 emblems before the site redesign and he had quite a lot of support. I personally do not really like it, but the community rallied behind it so it was changed. I don't think it is going to change again any time soon because of the site redesign, but you did the right thing by bringing it up if it is important to you!