Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 rant

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 502 Posts

I just saw a vid compilation of the game's most brutal moments....yeah this is f**king disgusting. Too reminiscent of what's going on with Syria, terrorism and everything else.

I quit playing CoD after Black Ops II, that was way back in 2012. Only played it a bit more after for the multiplayer and got bored of it. Any multiplayer gameplay from the new one or new tweaks can't tell me s**t. Be as real as war in real life all you want. Bring back Nikolai and Captain Price albeit younger. Whatever. Just another tasteless scapegoat for republicans. I'm just fine with anything create-a-character for the PS4.

I like horror. And real horror with suspense and loads of gore. This Call of Duty Reborn s**t is a lot of nothing.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@sanghelle56: what are you talking about the campaign? I havent tried it, ive been stuck on MP.

What made you upset?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

What did I just read?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

They definitely went for shock value: for a full decade Call of Duty has been desperate to recapture the controversy of the airport level from 2009's MW2, and with this one they tried so hard that they went all the way around and ended up being laughable. Without spoiling anything, there is one particular level that made me bust out laughing for how ridiculous the situations in it are, while trying to be super serious.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sanghelle56

@jeezers: Sorry for the wait. So to break down the atrocities I saw...Arguably cherry-picked by the YouTube poster out of others, there's:

- A mission where this terrorist key guy shoots a kid that attempts to run away

- A flashback mission where you're a kid in rubble, with your dead mother a couple feet away from you

- After Kid Farah (adult-wise she's one of the main characters) is taken away by her father, she/you reach home where a guy with an AK breaks in and kills daddy. It turns into a cat and mouse mini game where you have a screwdriver, evade him, then eventually shoot him from behind with his own gun. Prior you stab the dude in both legs with the hardware.

- Notice how so far these involve children.

- Fast forward to the present, Adult Farah is held prisoner by Russians. The general interrogates you, kills your brother, and proceeds to water torture you if you say nothing. It doesn't happen but there's a brief hint of rape.

- After that, you end up killing the general (Barkov) with an army knife sometime after escaping, in both sides of his neck.

- And the gameplay video ends with you storming up to a building balcony where this poor dude has a time bomb strapped on him...not one of the terrorists. He's crying desperately as you see the timer at six seconds, and you push him off before he blows you all up. Only upside to that scene was there were other hostages that were saved.

I don't know it was only days ago I saw it but now I think it's yawn factor. More shock value style campaign to give the players more than one Warning labeled mission, because it's about topping what was done before. @Black_Knight_00 has a point.

Stick to the multiplayer. Campaign is no better than CoD as I remembered it - which was still really bad quality.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@sanghelle56 said:

@jeezers: Sorry for the wait. So to break down the atrocities I saw...Arguably cherry-picked by the YouTube poster out of others, there's:

- A mission where this terrorist key guy shoots a kid that attempts to run away

- A flashback mission where you're a kid in rubble, with your dead mother a couple feet away from you

- After Kid Farah (adult-wise she's one of the main characters) is taken away by her father, she/you reach home where a guy with an AK breaks in and kills daddy. It turns into a cat and mouse mini game where you have a screwdriver, evade him, then eventually shoot him from behind with his own gun. Prior you stab the dude in both legs with the hardware.

- Notice how so far these involve children.

- Fast forward to the present, Adult Farah is held prisoner by Russians. The general interrogates you, kills your brother, and proceeds to water torture you if you say nothing. It doesn't happen but there's a brief hint of rape.

- After that, you end up killing the general (Barkov) with an army knife sometime after escaping, in both sides of his neck.

- And the gameplay video ends with you storming up to a building balcony where this poor dude has a time bomb strapped on him...not one of the terrorists. He's crying desperately as you see the timer at six seconds, and you push him off before he blows you all up. Only upside to that scene was there were other hostages that were saved.

I don't know it was only days ago I saw it but now I think it's yawn factor. More shock value style campaign to give the players more than one Warning labeled mission, because it's about topping what was done before. @Black_Knight_00 has a point.

Stick to the multiplayer. Campaign is no better than CoD as I remembered it - which was still really bad quality.

I actually think this is one of the best COD campaigns yet. I actually though it was pretty amazing. It showed that war could be damaging and personal. Also, I do not understand how republicans have anything to do with this COD game. It seems that you hate republicans and will have to face another 4 years of them in office...at least!

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sanghelle56

@Diddies: Please don't jinx it. And as far as the game that's your opinion.

I liked the gunplay in the game though, from what I could see. They're always doing what they can to make them sound like weapons in real life. Is there zombie mode? Or does Activision still have the rights to it with Black Ops?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online
Member since 2009 • 11691 Posts

One of the people I play games with isn't a big fan of the new Call of Duty and buys the games annually (including all the DLC). Apparently the multiplayer maps are pretty awful and only a few guns are worth using. Has turned him off the game_

Seems the switch to a new engine caused some consequence. Also what happened to this story mode "that made play-testers cry" in previews? I've read it's pretty mediocre, generic and overly scripted. Is it true one scene forces you to carry a masonry unit otherwise seen as a rebel solider? How stupid is that.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@sanghelle56 said:

@Diddies: Please don't jinx it. And as far as the game that's your opinion.

I liked the gunplay in the game though, from what I could see. They're always doing what they can to make them sound like weapons in real life. Is there zombie mode? Or does Activision still have the rights to it with Black Ops?

Don't jinx what? I am a Trump supporter so I don't think I will jinx it as he will win the next election. The democrats are just too nutty right now that is running. I do not see one good "popular" (that has a chance) candidate. They are wanting to take more of my money out of my hands that I work hard for. We have seen how well the government uses/spends their money and I would want to decide what happens to the money that I earn instead of it being spent on stupid things at ridiculously high prices lining politicians pockets.

Back to the game...it seems that this is a very popular COD and it is going back to actually make a game that is good. I actually was not a fan much of Black Ops or any of the others, but I did play them a little. The modern warfare was always their good games to me...in my opinion...and it seems they went back to this and made a good game again which I believe is better than any of their previous campaigns. It also seems that this is paying off for them as well as I haven't seen a COD game this much talked about in a long time which is probably generating more sales than usual.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black_Knight_00

@RSM-HQ said:

One of the people I play games with isn't a big fan of the new Call of Duty and buys the games annually (including all the DLC). Apparently the multiplayer maps are pretty awful and only a few guns are worth using. Has turned him off the game_

Seems the switch to a new engine caused some consequence. Also what happened to this story mode "that made play-testers cry" in previews? I've read it's pretty mediocre, generic and overly scripted. Is it true one scene forces you to carry a masonry unit otherwise seen as a rebel solider? How stupid is that.

The maps are either A) a maze of buildings and alleyways, or B) camping ground for snipers. I've been playing the game since day one and I haven't found a single map I like. There is one which is very similar to Freight from CoD Ghosts but that's about it. Guns are broken: SMGs are borderline unusable and will make you lose almost every 1v1 against an assault rifle. Unfortunately the also nerfed the movement speed, so if you're like me and you favor speed, you need an SMG to remain mobile. It's an issue. Also the basic M$ is extremely OP so everybody is using it.

As for the story, it's a big tryhard. Its idea of the horrors of warâ„¢ is to show you women and children getting shot, stabbed, maimed and beaten by a cast of villains that make the orcs in Lord of the Rings look subtle by comparison, and I'm not exaggerating: you are not ready for how cartoonish and one-dimensional these villains are. What's more is that the selling point is that the "good guys" are bad people too, but with villains such as these, that's like comparing arsenic and butter and saying both are bad for you.

And yes, the cinderblock is real.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

I am here to post on "this" on this thread. Ok bye.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#12 RSM-HQ  Online
Member since 2009 • 11691 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: That's rough, always try to avoid jumping on the Call of Duty hate bandwagon because it's a meme at this point.

However seems the bulk of the development went towards presentation over refinement.

Seems for returning 'fans' who haven't played for years may like it because graphics and blah. Fans of the actual gameplay/ playing a lot of multiplayer will be disappointed.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@RSM-HQ said:

@Black_Knight_00: That's rough, always try to avoid jumping on the Call of Duty hate bandwagon because it's a meme at this point.

However seems the bulk of the development went towards presentation over refinement.

Seems for returning 'fans' who haven't played for years may like it because graphics and blah. Fans of the actual gameplay/ playing a lot of multiplayer will be disappointed.

Yeah, marketing for this one has been legendary: my friend told me his almost 60 y/o mother of all people came to him asking about MW2019, because a certain actor was in it. That's how pervasive the coverage of this game was. The native ad press coverage was also shameful as always ("It made us cry", get outta here), so it's no surprise people were convinced this was going to be the second coming of christ.

And it's not, it's really not. Giant spoiler follows, so read at your own risk:

When you see a 7 year-old girl reloading a revolver with a speedloader after killing three russian soldiers, any pretense of realism and sensible criticism of war goes out the window, or several windows.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#14 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Hmm, yeah. From what you've said seems like they went all out.

Jml6933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jml6933
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

hi

GryeLammer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GryeLammer7
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

I can see greater games getting behind schedule because of the covid situation there may be still plenty coming on the sony facet however its hard to see everything coming in 2021.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Lets not bump a 1 year old thread my fellow gamers.