FredSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 FredSC
Member since 2023 • 57 Posts

Do you participate in any community for gamers? As a community for people to tag and play games together, share their experiences, etc?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11690 Posts

Yes, I know some people who use 4gamer and former Gamefaq folk who now are more on a discord server, I refer to them as my Hunter crew for Monster Hunter games; and they've been slaying monsters with me since Portable 2nd.

One of them used the GameSpot forums in the early 2000's before I did and wasn't a fan because MH was regularly despised, my friend even now noted that the community at the time had "horrible taste in games". I came on a few years later to help me learn English as a primary goal but a secondary goal to simply chat with people about games, however I went in thinking it would be a more uphill battle than it became, I don't think the users had horrible taste but it certainly wasn't till World that the forums gave MH any real love.

Back on the note of communities some of my work friends and even those from school years who I've know as good friends swap games around, commonly in English labelled this method is a 'trade swap pool'. We throw games in a basket and let people play what games that catch interest. Makes it so we can all try out a large sum of games for short periods and see what we like, etc.

FredSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FredSC
Member since 2023 • 57 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Very cool, do you have a link to any of these Discord communities? I would like to participate. I'm admin of a game project, and we do some events for the community to play together, it would be cool meet new people interested in having fun together, suggest new games

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#4 GNS
Member since 2015 • 926 Posts

Nope. Even when I was active back in grade school, the only participation we've had was via Skype (agree on time when to turn on Counter Strike 1.6 lol).

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11690 Posts

@fredsc: I see no reason not to, the one I would say is the most inviting is the Mochi Mochi Game Club.

Just because it's not entirely MH either. The group has a lot of people who play Genshin, Final Fantasy, Splatoon, and Overwatch. Mostly just a lot of multiplayer games, Among Us and Dead By Daylight was also pretty popular for a spell.

You can even find some that regularly do PvP and PvE in SoulRing games. Very rarely does anyone share any elitism either, it's about grouping up and having a good time, no platform bias, nice friendly people who just like gaming.

However just keep in mind that the server is primarily Japanese and Chinese players, as I myself am not a fluid English speaking individual ツ

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

Just this one here. I used to be big on the PlayStation forums in the early to mid 2000s before they shut down. I’ve tried joining forums for other games (like Magic the Gathering) but there isn’t a lot of activity on forum websites nowadays.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4274 Posts

@ratchetclank92: but why do you think that is?? There’s like billions of people on the planet. It just doesn’t make any sense. Half are like…gamers.

There’s like 10 people here that post regularly. It’s odd.

HanzoDiamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HanzoDiamond
Member since 2023 • 26 Posts

I wish we can play some MMORPG or some MMO together and build something like a community guild here in Gamespot, would be very cool. :)