What's the worst gaming purchase you've ever made?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

Me: used Vita. Was supposed to have a memory card and has a bad battery. Now I can only hope the screws aren't stripped when I try to get it open.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17833 Posts

I made a few purchasing mistakes during the 360/PS3 gen.

1) I got all 3 consoles at or close to launch. It's the only time i bought all systems in a gen and I regret it simply because i don't have the time to really get the best out of all of them. During the gen My 360 and PS3 were barely used. It was mostly PC and Wii. Eventually my 360 RRODd for the second time and i just didn't bother getting it replaced. My fat PS3 for the YLOD and I did replace that but i have it sitting in storage and I'm scratching my head as to why I replaced it.

Don't get me wrong: back then there was more reason to own all the systems compared to today but there are only so many hours in the day. Individually they are 2 great systems (the PS3s excentric hardware notwithstanding.) with plenty of games to play. Just not a great idea to get them all.

2) I don't know why I bought the PSP. It's a strange world when the PSP was a lot more successful than the Vita (which I loved and miss :( ). It was a poor handheld. I think they only games I liked on it were Wipeout and Dungeon Siege. I would ocasionally turn it on, run a firmware update...briefly play something then leave it alone for ages. Maybe i should have done the thing of which we can not utter here to make it more interesintg.

3) More recently: Kinda related to gaming but I regret my latest laptop purchase. The core Spec was very solid for the money at the time (Ryzen 7 4800H and an RTX 2060) and it cools well. But the other bits...the bits I kinda forgot about because of the price :P....yikes. The screen is pretty bad. The battery life is very poor even just for web browsing and the build quality is also pretty shocking. The original battery also failed after 8 months and the replacement has begin to fail too :S (system just dies when the battery is around 20%).

Next time I get a laptop I will remember to consider the other things that make up a laptop.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Not sure on ever but let's think to more recent years, hmm. .

Bought Calisto Protocol and it's shit. Sadly one of the few times I avoided all marketing, willing to give this new IP the benefit of the doubt with how solid the return of Survival Horror has been, OG creators of Dead Space was good enough a reputation also. Turns out they're hacks that can't do anything without some tracing paper to mimic other talents work. At least in 2023 Signalis released around the same time so still had a masterpiece Survival Horror game to enjoy; Faith the Unholy Trinity was amazing too.

Technically not a purchase I made myself but was gifted Cyberpunk at launch, and that game was garbage regardless of platform. At least now it's a completely different game but those that praise a game that needed to be overhauled just so it wasn't a piece of trash says a lot to its launches condition & CDPR fanbois willingness to embrace such low standards.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 512 Posts

The Wii and the Wii U. Wii was weak and it's library was almost nothing but shovelware and gimmicks. I literally couldn't give the console away. The Wii U was also weak and it had a major focus on Amiibos over games. I think I had 55 hours total play time on the console, which was almost all Zelda BOTW. The Wii U might as well not have insisted because all it's games where resold on the Switch later anyway.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2079 Posts

I got Evolve on release date and regretted it big time. The game had no content and was full of ridiculously expensive microtransactions.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3645 Posts

Xbox One

Granted I bought this for Halo MasterChief Collection which was bundled though aside from that never used it. Sold it about 2 years later for $200 which I didn't regret.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Sorry to say it but i think it was the Nintendo Wii. I tried it twice and sold it twice, just not my cup of tea really. I prefer a controller.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#8 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

Toy Story 3 on PC. It's just the Wii Port.

The Last Tinker: Bad controls

Clive Barker's Jericho: Jericho was boring and repetitive.

VR Skateboarding

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 285 Posts

Tom and Jerry for the snes , one of the worst games ive ever played

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Hmm worst purchase let me think. Probably buying Wave Race 64 instead of Mario 64 for my first n64 game haha.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

Getting a Wii u Nintendo never really cared and 3rd party abandoned early on.