when are we too old for videogames

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stephenc360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 stephenc360
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
Just a thought I'm 34 and still occasionally play games, am i too old? When do we outgrow playing games seeing as i grew up playing C64, Atari St,megadrive etc. Who are the oldest gamers?And what keeps you playing games?:)
NikoBellic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NikoBellic
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

Just a thought I'm 34 and still occasionally play games, am i too old? When do we outgrow playing games seeing as i grew up playing C64, Atari St,megadrive etc. Who are the oldest gamers?And what keeps you playing games?:)stephenc360

well i don't know yet becuase i am not even old enuff to drink, but when i am your age, i will still be playing them. infact it makes you more hardcore because you were around the atari before we were

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
probaly when where late 50's we'll stop...
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts
never,if you like video games you can play even if you are 80 years old
stjimmy222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 stjimmy222
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts

I agree. I´ll be playing games until I die lol. Ok maybe not quite that long but for a while yet.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
I will stop playing video games when I'm dead.
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
I'm 30 and I will play games till the day I die
Volkmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Volkmar
Member since 2002 • 544 Posts

30 here, wife 32. been playing since 6 and I do not see any valid motive to stop.... for doing what? collecting poststamps?

Videogames are an hobby like many others and men requires hobby to practice in their free time. It matters not what hobby you practice, just that you like it.

milosbeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 milosbeli
Member since 2007 • 1045 Posts
"when are we too old for videogames" i would say NEVER !!
stephenc360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stephenc360

30 here, wife 32. been playing since 6 and I do not see any valid motive to stop.... for doing what? collecting poststamps?

Videogames are an hobby like many others and men requires hobby to practice in their free time. It matters not what hobby you practice, just that you like it.

Volkmar

agreed, although their is a time element i work full time and playing just 1 game can take days.

rock_solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rock_solid
Member since 2003 • 5122 Posts
never too old
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
I'll play as long as I can . . . my worst limit is time.
Inditra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 Inditra
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
I'm 22 and I'll be playing games until they pull the plug. My dad is 56 and has his gaming room in his house with his 360.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Just a thought I'm 34 and still occasionally play games, am i too old? When do we outgrow playing games seeing as i grew up playing C64, Atari St,megadrive etc. Who are the oldest gamers?And what keeps you playing games?:)stephenc360

I'm exactly at the same age, and I write about vgames for a living. I guess you're too old for games when they stop being fun.

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I cant see myself becoming too old. Most games these days have an adult theme to them anyway!
prince_david

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 prince_david
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
My grandfather played computer games until he died. I played Nintendo for the first time at his house, as well as Doom. Still, obsession with video games shouldnt go beyond when you are a teenager. Don't make it your life. There is no reason that you can't enjoy video games as a hobby until very late in your life. My father is in his mid 50s and is enjoying Bioshock right now
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I'll continue playing video games until video games stop being enjoyable,or until I'm somehow unable to play games for some reason.

Avatar image for ViscaBarcaInter
ViscaBarcaInter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ViscaBarcaInter
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts
Gaming's great as a hobby. Keeps you sharp and unlike lots of others, doesn't require physical effort. Therefore I would expect to be gaming up until the point where I breath out and don't breath in again. Other than professional sex guy or something, I can't think of a better hobby that this one. Expensive though. :D
Lisaanne30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Lisaanne30
Member since 2007 • 1472 Posts
Never too old for them HE HE . For me its stress relife and i will play till my hands cant hold the controller LOL
redfield_137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 redfield_137
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts

Firstly, in what sense do you mean 'too old'? I assume you mean maturity wise but as someone stated in a previous thread on this topic, giving up video games simply because you are getting older would be like saying you shouldn't go to the movies or watch TV because you are getting older. In some sections of the community (those who don't play games) there may be a stigma against it but it isn't based purely on age anyway.

There is no age limit on a hobby that you enjoy. If you like spending time doing something and you get something out of it then continue to do it until you feel thatit is no longer worthwhile or it is detrimental to you or those around you. Personally,I find ita huge distraction to game during a university semester becauseI know it's bad for my study habits. Also, when I start a family I will probably game much less as my girlfriendhas never really been into gaming and it would probably be detrimental to our relationship for me to come home and start playing games all night.

So I don't think you can ever be too old to play games or do anything else you enjoy. Hell, if you want to watchSesame Street until the day you die then go ahead and do it and if you want to frag noobs onlineuntil the day you die then go ahead and do that too.

Maniac234678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Maniac234678
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'm still pretty young and this thought hasn't really occured to me, but judging from the fact that I've known many people who are pretty darn old who still play video games uninhibited, I would say that there isn't an age limit. The only factor partially similar to this that may be troublesome is how much entertainment you can still find in gaming throughout your time with the darn things, which is more dependant on who you are instead how old you are.

In my opinion, thinking that you might be too old for gaming could be a sign of a decrease in how much entertainment you're recieving from the hobby. That's only a theory, as I haven't encountered anyone who has actually thought that they were too old for gaming, so I'm probably wrong.

stephenc360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stephenc360
Hmmmm Not so much age maybe more the demands life places on us. I sold my PS1 was bored with it and went through 3 years hardly playing anything, was just too busy. System that rekindled my interest Xbox and the brilliant chronicles of Riddick game. Thats the beauty of videogames as entertainment new technologies and new games always keeps us interested.8)
GT_APE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GT_APE
Member since 2003 • 480 Posts
I'm almost 35 and counting. No plan on stopping any time soon. I've played with 60 year olds and if I live that long I will play then too. It's the entertainment of the future. No need to sit mindlessly in front of a TV when you can actually PARTICIPATE in the story killing terrorists like in CoD4 or Aliens in Crysis or working with 40 other people taking down an epic dragon in World of Warcraft (which I just alt-tabbed out of to write this. LOL). Back to WoW.
Nagalux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Nagalux
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

I don't think there are any age limits now-days for playing games. I think that older people often has to little to do. The generation that is really old now didn't grow up playing games so they may not ever get used to it if they tries it out. But when the people on this forum hits 80 or so they may have allot of time on the old folks home for playing games instead of doing nothing. It would maybe make their lives a little better.

So i think you could continue playing as long as you can see whats going on on the screen.8) But this is just my opinion.

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
im currently 18 years old I have been playing videogames since the SNES was out, its probally not as old as many people out there but I enjoy my hobby very much and will keep collecting and playing videogames no matter what people tell me
BlackhawK106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BlackhawK106
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Im 19, gaming since I was 4-5, and never going to stop :D
rambo_ando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rambo_ando
Member since 2005 • 224 Posts
You're never too old. As a form of entertainment, it's like asking "when are you too old to enjoy a movie or music?"
Avatar image for saturnsport2000
saturnsport2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 saturnsport2000
Member since 2003 • 1278 Posts
I am 26 and have been playing video games since I got my NES when I was 7. I will always love to play, its fun and you are never too old to have fun.
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I'll play videogames till my arms fall off
Jluloff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jluloff
Member since 2002 • 56 Posts
I am 36 and been playing games since "Pong". I plan to keep playing till I stop enjoying it which will mostly likely be never. The only thing as I get older is the amount of time I can spend playing games has gone down alot but my wife was away the other day so played COD4 online all day. Age is just a number not a state of mind!!!