Which is better: Watchdogs, GTA, Saints Row 4, or Bioshock???

JohnChing23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnChing23
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

We know that this is all open worlds games. In terms of these games, which has a high quality, the best user interfaces, best story lines, best customization, and best AI.?

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

GTA

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

Have not played Watchdogs, but I would say Saints Row wins customization, Bioshock wins story, GTA wins everything else.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44545 Posts

I don't think that I'd put Bioshock with those games as it feels like a different type of game then those others. However of those games I'd probably rank them as:

1. Bioshock

2. GTA

3. Watchdogs

4. Saint's Row

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I prefer SR4

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@johnching23 said:

We know that this is all open worlds games. In terms of these games, which has a high quality, the best user interfaces, best story lines, best customization, and best AI.?

Not even a contest. When it comes to the open world no game comes close to GTA.

And despite GTA´s lacking story , it´s still far better than what you mention.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

Saints Row 4

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

technically, Bioshock isn't really open world, as you're using the term to describe games such as GTA.

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

They aren't asking which you "prefer". GTA 5 is indisputably the best in majority of these categories out of the games listed. Minus the AI category lol but I think the pedestrians are mostly supposed to make you laugh at the shit they say. This game scored 10/10 for every major critic. It's not so much if you like it or not, it's not the best open world game out there by FAR. But in terms of this list, it obviously is on top. And the character/story development in this game and character swap system, while as far fetched at times as any GTA game, has some of the best in video games the past decade easily

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#10 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@amyh7292 said:

They aren't asking which you "prefer". GTA 5 is indisputably the best in majority of these categories out of the games listed. Minus the AI category lol but I think the pedestrians are mostly supposed to make you laugh at the shit they say. This game scored 10/10 for every major critic. It's not so much if you like it or not, it's not the best open world game out there by FAR. But in terms of this list, it obviously is on top. And the character/story development in this game and character swap system, while as far fetched at times as any GTA game, has some of the best in video games the past decade easily

It's still a matter of opinion... you can dispute an opinion. But that said, I would have to agree that GTA stands out in most regards when it comes to open world games with similar sitting settings (I don't know why BioShock is thrown in the mix, I'm not going to compare it to these other games)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#11 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11690 Posts

I don't even remotely see what Bioshock has in common with any of these games, & I'm trying to keep an open mind.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Bioshock is my favourite out of them...but isn't an open world game.

For open world games, probably GTA out of that list.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Grand theft auto or sure. The first bioshock is a great game but I don't consider it open world at all.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I have Watch Dogs, GTA V, and Bioshock. None have particularly good AI. None have particularly good UI. For storyline, I'd go with Bioshock. The only customization I care about is for weapons. GTA V has good weapon selection. But, I didn't see much customization for them.

If you ask me, I prefer Far Cry 4 over all of them. It's the most immersive for me especially the free explore, post-SP campaign. Turn the UI off totally, decent weapon selection and customization. Reset outposts for some mindless killing,

azizaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 azizaam
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts

Bioshock is more like a linear game but its does really have good story, GTA is better when it comes to open world than SR4, SR4 has almost same map like SR3 and Watchdogs...f*ck that I never played it and never will so I don't know much about that game

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Gta v 2 watch dogs 3 bioshok4 Saints row 4

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Allicrombie

@stanrezaee said:

Its all about what you want in a game. GTAV has a massive environment along with a thought provoking story. Saints Row 4 is a game that seriously doesn't give a f*** while being a tribute to the 80's and Sci-Fi movies. BioShock is journey into a nightmare based on Ayn Rands philosophy gone bad. Watch_Dogs however was really dull, it could have been promising but it was another generic open world game.

I'm sorry, but calling any GTA storyline, "thought provoking", is like calling Donald Trump, "endearing."

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Allicrombie said:
@stanrezaee said:

Its all about what you want in a game. GTAV has a massive environment along with a thought provoking story. Saints Row 4 is a game that seriously doesn't give a f*** while being a tribute to the 80's and Sci-Fi movies. BioShock is journey into a nightmare based on Ayn Rands philosophy gone bad. Watch_Dogs however was really dull, it could have been promising but it was another generic open world game.

I'm sorry, but calling any GTA storyline, "thought provoking", is like calling Donald Trump, "endearing."

You clearly haven´t played GTA IV than.

GTA IV was a glowing light in the world of open world mayhem games, it´s story even the 2 DLC´s was very well made

ThatsNotMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ThatsNotMyName
Member since 2015 • 84 Posts

You just picked 4 games vs each other that seriously don't have anything to do with each other(GTA and old Saints Row like 1&2 yes but 3& especially 4 nope). But seriously they are nothing like each other, it would be like if I took Mass Effect and compared it to Final Fantasy.

So I will say this, each is good for it's own purpose.

If you want amazing story and characters Bioshock is your daddy.

If you want to be goofy and take rest from all serious games, make your own character however you wish with amazing CC then SR4 is your daddy.

If you prefer more serious game and to be gangsta then GTA is your pimp.

And if you wish to cry how you got sold completely different game from what was shown then Watch Dogs is your Troll-daddy.

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

@Allicrombie: GTA is satire, it most certainly is thought provoking. A lot of the underlying humor ESPECIALLY in 5 involves comments on society as a whole, technology's impact on society, gender roles, etc. On the surface level it's a very "humorous, do what you want shooter" which is why it gets a bad rap for being a "cop killing" serial killer fetish game. When you actually play the game, the story raises many interesting questions. Now I'm not saying this game is like philosophy or ground breaking/original ideas, but it is at the very least thought provoking in the sense that it, well, makes you think about certain things in a way you maybe hadn't considered

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Allicrombie

@amyh7292: I'll admit, I did enjoy GTA V's blowing up of "unnamed computer mogul"

rogmiick25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogmiick25
Member since 2003 • 62 Posts

The only game on the list I didn't finish was GTAV. To me, GTA are cool games, but I've only finished Vice City out of all of them. I liked SR4 a lot. To me the Saint's Row games are a great counter to GTA. They (3 and 4) don't take themselves nearly as serious, and the juvenile humor is pretty over the top. It was some of the smaller things in the game that had me laughing hard--the romance companion options (making fun of Mass Effect) to the music in the Game--You've Got the Touch was awesome at the final battle. Then again, I also liked SR3. Bioshock was a great game, but definitely not open world. As for Watch Dogs, I finished it, but it felt like Assassin's Creed in the Modern World. I didn't feel let down by it, since I had only seen 1 trailer prior to the game coming out.

lawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lawler
Member since 2015 • 15 Posts

GTA all the way for me, countless hours of fun with friends, amazing heists on the career and online!!! Not to forget the customisation of cars, clothes and soon even houses and apartments!!!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Bioshock isn't an open world game. lol

And GTA. SR is awesome as a less serious approach.