Will you renew your PS+ subscription?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Will you renew your PS+ subscription? (22 votes)

No 73%
Yes 27%

Sony can charge what they want, customers can decide. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

I will choose no. My subscription expires in January and unless there is a highway robbery Black Friday discount, I’m not renewing. $20/$35/$40 annual hikes are pretty steep and the value at those price points isn’t there for me anymore.

On a side note, when that other console offered GamePass Ultimate, Microsoft allowed subscribers to convert their current subs for $1 and stack cheaper XBL Gold subscriptions to 3 years. When Sony introduced the three tiers of PS+, they shut down prepaid card redemptions so that PS+ subscribers could not stack years. They had every right to do this, it’s the free market and they are a for profit bidness but please don’t ever post anything about Sony being a customer friendly company. They’re all about their bottom line and enriching their shareholders above all else.

• 
outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4236 Posts

No. And I never had a subscription to begin with.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1093 Posts

I don't have any game related subscription. All the F2P games have free online, and I already have games.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6850 Posts

Yes. But at a lower Tier. I'm Premium now, but will move down to the 2nd Tier when my subscription is up in December 2024.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Always hated paying for online gameplay but yes, I pay for Plus, bottom tier.

I only do it for multiplayer, some games don't require Plus 'yay' but many the games my friends play with me do 'boo'.

Honestly they need a new tier just for people who don't want any the added fluff, it's never going to happen, but I would like it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts
@kvallyx said:

Oh HELL no. They were already charging 3 times more than they should have with all the filler they had.

Three times? I don't think Plus was ever that cheap even when it was introduced on the PS3, but the prices are stupid and the tiers are annoying.

Though I still think I'd be happier if Plus wasn't required for multiplayer, but greed will be greed, they learned from Microsoft & Live, people will pay for features that shouldn't have ever cost us anything.

It's good some games don't require a subscription to play games online but it's honestly the only reason they ever get my money.

I wished more of my friends played on P.C.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3644 Posts

Won't be renewing it as $80 is crazy for Essential. I never used online just for downloading games from Plus. $80 is expensive though when it was $59.99, I never paid that amount as I got it cheap through third party sites for $32 or $40.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44258 Posts

Grabbing a few cards to stack up before the price increase.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Yeah but I'm not gonna get Premium again. The middle tier seems fine for what I do. Also, won't be paying full price. Not sure if I ever have paid full price yet, but definitely waiting for a sale.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#10 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

No. I will resub once new Monster Hunter released or for Death Stranding 2 if it somehow requires a PS+.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3480 Posts

Not sure. Depends what Black Friday special offer will be for PS Plus

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

I cancelled after I was done with Demon's Souls.

GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3109 Posts

“This price increase will not take effect until your next renewal date that occurs on or after November 6th. However, any membership changes you make prior to your next renewal, such as upgrades, downgrades or buying additional time, will update your plan based on the new prices.”

Just received the renewal email. As stated, any changes I make prior to the renewal date and before November will be at the raised prices. In other words, Sony has completely shut off methods to renew at the previous prices regardless of the effective date of the hikes. There was also a line about cancelling the subscription if I don’t like it.

The overall tone of the email rubbed me wrong. I’m definitely not renewing.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@GalvatronType_R: I just canceled mine. Expires in Jan 2024. As soon as that email popped up, I read it and felt the same way. Hopefully they see how many people are cancelling and do a 180.

GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3109 Posts

@joshrmeyer: again, the tone of the email irked me. It was like one of those irritating passive-aggressive emails you get from your boss or coworker at work, it felt like Sony was almost daring me to cancel.

And they succeeded. I’m out.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6850 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Yeah but I'm not gonna get Premium again. The middle tier seems fine for what I do. Also, won't be paying full price. Not sure if I ever have paid full price yet, but definitely waiting for a sale.

I'm doing the same. Dropping a tier, and waiting for a sale.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 GNS
Member since 2015 • 922 Posts

Never had one. And the way the prices are now, will not have one.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Yes - with the caveat that I will only do so during the Black Friday sale. Any egregious price increase without some sort of benefit to the consumer is cunty; that goes for grocery bills, energy bills and anything to do with luxury subscriptions.