Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sho-Chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sho-Chan
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Anyone has it? I just bought it today and well kinda confused cause I never play that kind of games.. XD If you have it what do you think about it? Is it fun for you??
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i ordered it online yesterday...should arrive soon

from the video i saw... you have to look at the bottom screen...thats the map because the top screen is like a maze..

Sho-Chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sho-Chan
Ah , I see. Cool. Yeah , plus I died half way. LOL Luckily Im able to save when I died LOL.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I'm researching right now to see if I should purchase it. The reviews seems to be very positive. Tried the demo and haven't really gotten the grasp for it yet. Maybe I'll try it a few more times.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

I'm researching right now to see if I should purchase it. The reviews seems to be very positive. Tried the demo and haven't really gotten the grasp for it yet. Maybe I'll try it a few more times.Kaze_no_Mirai

omg....there is a demo?

damn...should have tried it first.

wraith-squad66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wraith-squad66
Member since 2008 • 1368 Posts

I love it...

Sho-Chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sho-Chan
@Kaze : Ah , I see. HahaXD Yeah should try till you got the grasp of it. @wraith : Ah , I see. Nice. :D
xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

I'm researching right now to see if I should purchase it. The reviews seems to be very positive. Tried the demo and haven't really gotten the grasp for it yet. Maybe I'll try it a few more times.Kaze_no_Mirai
Yea thats exactly what Im doing, kind of a different game from what I play, but a good different, still debating though.

jervo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 jervo
Member since 2002 • 2081 Posts

This is my first EO game, and it took me an hour or so to figure out what was going on and how everything works.  But now I'm 5-6 hours in, and I'm thoroughly hooked.  (I must admit, also, that I'm playing on Casual difficulty, because on Normal I was getting wiped out almost immediately and I didn't yet know how to properly strategize.)  Key thing is to make sure you talk to everybody in town, and to really get familiar with your menus.  I spent a good 2-3 hours playing the other day before I realized that while my party had been levelling up, I hadn't been assigning them new skills!

Wiz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Wiz007
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts

Anyone has it? I just bought it today and well kinda confused cause I never play that kind of games.. XD If you have it what do you think about it? Is it fun for you??Sho-Chan

I have EO4. I have played EO1, EO2 & EO3. EO4 is like other series games (DQ & FF), the basic content stays the same while adding newer content.

All the EO games are throwbacks to the old grind em out RPG's. You move across land in a skyship to get to mazes. You can use auto-map to make out

the maze layout. But I like doing it manually because it reminds me of using graph paper in the day to be able to explore. Stay away from the foes

you have built up you party. I am level 10 & have not defeated any foe in the first land. In the mazes, I have defeated them but since this is a

grinder game, you do need higher levels before attempting the foes. Also, I have played about every RPG game on the systems I own, I would rate EQ

equal to only 1 other game for gringing, all other RPG's I played have far less grinding than EQ.

So if you don't like to grind, grind, grind & grind some more I would not recommend this game.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I played the demo and I'm interested, but I'm not sure if I'd rather get this or Monster Hunter... I can usually do the grind oriented games pretty well, but from what I hear about the series is that it's brutal and I'm not sure if I have the time or patience to spend all that time grinding up.  At least with Monster Hunter I have the experience from the Wii version. 

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

Compared to the harder Final Fantasy games I do not think the grinding is that bad.  New FOEs can always wipe the floor with you but the enemies always seem to be at your level so you can make it through a maze fairly well.  Personally I think it is at a nice difficulty but could be a little harder since I love that enemies are not cheap (minus chameleons) and can inflict a status on the entire team and wipe out everyone.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Received a 8.0 from GameSpot.

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

Not quite sure why my comment was deleted.