For the two guys here with girlfriends/wives: did you ask her out or did she ask you out?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll For the two guys here with girlfriends/wives: did you ask her out or did she ask you out? (11 votes)

I asked her out 73%
She asked me out 27%

This may be the 21st century with women who are more assertive and empowered but I believe that 99% of women expect men to make the initial approach and ask for the first date. Most women I have talked to agree. This is the way it should be, men should show women that they can be strong and assertive.

I have never been approached by a woman, I have always been the first to ask her out, and that is fine with me. Also I intimidate women to not approach me due to my movie star handsome looks and I dress like James Bond.

• 
HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 HEATHEN75  Online
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

I asked. We had partied together a few times so knew each other a bit. Our first date was just a trip to the Union City drive in. The next night was a trip to Berkeley for some drinking at Blake's on Telegraph. Dated for about a month and then I took her to a Primus New Years concert where we became an official couple. It'll be 28 years this New Year.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7361 Posts

She started it.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 750 Posts

I don't qualify for this discussion, but I had a friend who actively pursued the guy she was into. He was about 15 years older than her but they've together for over a decade now and are going strong.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8392 Posts

I pursued the conversation, she technically asked me out first, but I made the first move to engage

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3510 Posts

I asked her out but she abused me on the theatre room.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

My brother met his girlfriend through Myspace and that's how they met each other. His ex wife, I believe he met her at his old job as they were both working together and started dating.

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Angry_Walrus
Member since 2022 • 111 Posts

In my experience a female that likes you won't exactly ask you out

But best believe if a woman likes you, she gonna make sure you eventually get the hint.

Have I ever experienced a woman ask me out or seen it happen ? I have seen abnormally handsome men be aggressively courted before. Years ago I used to be considered good-looking and many women would make various subtle attempts.

I think this dynamic is here to stay.... as much as certain people would love it to be otherwise.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34782 Posts
@judaspete said:

She started it.

Same.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3117 Posts

Again I have never been asked out or even approached by a woman. I had to approach and ask out my current girlfriend. I asked her if she would have asked me out first and she said no.

I have been approached by men. It’s an interesting experience.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2387 Posts

We were both seeing other people and part of a group of friends but neither of us really clicked with the people we were with at the time. We both ended up becoming single at the same time and just started hanging out as friends at first but then nature took its course.