deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I honestly don't know how people do it getting up for the same job doing the same shit day after day how do people not lose their minds? I give people alot of credit that work retail jobs. I could never smile for so long I would feel like the Joker. I'm a pessimist so I see the world through a shit colored lens. I just don't know how people can stay sane for doing the same routine for decades? so I'm guessing the answer is escapism? drugs, sex, games is that enough to keep you in your routine without snapping?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Video games, particularly a nice, numbing looter shooter to get lost in. Also, every now and then just doing something a bit different, for the sake of the difference. I also sometimes go into "sensory deprivation mode," where I shut myself into my bedroom, turn off all my electronics, and just do nothing. It's very meditative.

I also write ideas and stories in my spare time. Still writing my "Star Trek meets crime procedural" script right now; I'm at the part where they're investigating a murder of a fellow agent on an alien planet that's technologically equivalent to the early Renaissance. Just a nice little hobby to drift off.

And yeah, the world is shit, and humans are shit. I've embraced my misanthropy, and laugh at the shittyness.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

The trick is to NOT do the same shit everyday for decades. I've worked for the same company for the last 6 years and my job has changed 3 different times. I went from being a process technician to an Operations Manager to an Engineering Manager. They are all very different roles, so I haven't gotten bored yet.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@warmblur:

Videogames are a nice getaway. Also alcohol and.....other things.... The trick is to always keep your mind busy. Think about anything as you work so you won't go crazy. I do that all the time and I manage just fine. It also helps to have a family to support. It makes me feel like I NEED to do it. Not just to survive but because I have someone who depends on me. Like my little girl.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

Hedonism. Wet, slutty hedonism.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50665 Posts

I enjoy what I do

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Video games, particularly a nice, numbing looter shooter to get lost in. Also, every now and then just doing something a bit different, for the sake of the difference. I also sometimes go into "sensory deprivation mode," where I shut myself into my bedroom, turn off all my electronics, and just do nothing. It's very meditative.

I also write ideas and stories in my spare time. Still writing my "Star Trek meets crime procedural" script right now; I'm at the part where they're investigating a murder of a fellow agent on an alien planet that's technologically equivalent to the early Renaissance. Just a nice little hobby to drift off.

And yeah, the world is shit, and humans are shit. I've embraced my misanthropy, and laugh at the shittyness.

That sounds really interesting I'm going to have to give that a try thanks for the great response.

@plageus900 said:

The trick is to NOT do the same shit everyday for decades. I've worked for the same company for the last 6 years and my job has changed 3 different times. I went from being a process technician to an Operations Manager to an Engineering Manager. They are all very different roles, so I haven't gotten bored yet.

That is smart and a good way to go around the problem.

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@warmblur:

Videogames are a nice getaway. Also alcohol and.....other things.... The trick is to always keep your mind busy. Think about anything as you work so you won't go crazy. I do that all the time and I manage just fine. It also helps to have a family to support. It makes me feel like I NEED to do it. Not just to survive but because I have someone who depends on me. Like my little girl.

Yeah video games have kept me pretty sane especially in the dark times family support does help alot thanks for the reply.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

I just embraced the insanity of it all :P.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

I honestly don't know. I think my life would be better if I actually was a bit insane.

@plageus900 said:

This is really good advice.

Longest I've been (prior to my current job) was like three years. I've been at my current job almost eight years, changed roles four times, each time a different process.

It's nice to have a company that likes to hire/promote inside first.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

My job is very dynamic and no 2 days are the same so boredom never sets in, I also have a lot of people who count on me so that motivates me to constantly be on my game, even on days when I am a bit out of it.

In my personal life I just fill it with people and things that I love, so I am happy most of the time.

A lot of life is perspective, I am an optimist and see the best in everybody and everything, my life is not perfect, but I have learned to weather the bad and appreciate the good.

If you feel like you are spiraling or going insane ask yourself why, what would you need to change that, and begin by setting small goals to work towards. Life has a lot of great things to offer but they are not just going to magically show up at your door, you have to figure out what you want and then take steps top achieve that.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

by not panicking .... which they failed

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

By keeping my mind and body strong and active.

And in times of stress, having an arsenal of supplements.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

If you feel that way about your job, get a new one.. going to spend like 25% of your life on work/school when all is said and done, so better find something you enjoy.