Why are bald men always portrayed as losers in the media?

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
OK...Since you don't like Jason Statham...Bruce Willis is the exception to your "rule". If you don't like Bruce Willis...Sean Connery... If you don't like Sean Connery...spazzx625
Irrelevant. Everyone likes Sean Connery.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
I swear this forum is full of bandwagon jumpers. You posted ppl who have hair, are 70 years old, and have had hair put on their heads for movies AND I admitted there are exceptions to the rule. THEN you tell me I did not accept the patrick stewart. DudeNtheRoom
did you by chance eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?....
Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Zyrokin
Member since 2010 • 1756 Posts

[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] Sean connery is like 70 years old. In the movie "The Rock" they put hair on him!!!!DudeNtheRoom
So? I don't get why you are nixing every example given...While your only supporting argument has been a yogurt commercial?

I swear this forum is full of bandwagon jumpers. You posted ppl who have hair, are 70 years old, and have had hair put on their heads for movies AND I admitted there are exceptions to the rule. THEN you tell me I did not accept the patrick stewart.

Then there is a lot of exceptions brought up in this thread homie.

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts
[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] How many do you want TC???? More than 10 have been given...all you did was give some yoplait ad on TVspazzx625
You're totally skipping the fact that you guys are showing men who actually have a decent amount of hair on their heads!!!

James Gandolfini has been bald as long as he's been famous and he was picked as the lead for a show about the mafia. :|

And I've seen movies where they put hair on his head for the role AND he's a little old which is normal for balding men.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] Sean connery is like 70 years old. In the movie "The Rock" they put hair on him!!!!DudeNtheRoom
So? I don't get why you are nixing every example given...While your only supporting argument has been a yogurt commercial?

I swear this forum is full of bandwagon jumpers. You posted ppl who have hair, are 70 years old, and have had hair put on their heads for movies AND I admitted there are exceptions to the rule. THEN you tell me I did not accept the patrick stewart.

I have also found this forum to have a few people that don't like to admit when their assertions are proven to be incorrect. So I guess we both have groups that are more difficult to deal with than we would like ...good thing none of them are in this thread though, right?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rawsavon
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] You're totally skipping the fact that you guys are showing men who actually have a decent amount of hair on their heads!!!DudeNtheRoom
James Gandolfini has been bald as long as he's been famous and he was picked as the lead for a show about the mafia. :|

And I've seen movies where they put hair on his head for the role AND he's a little old which is normal for balding men.

Some roles require weird costumes, alien makeup, hair, no hair...crazy, I know. Acting...playing a role that is not you...it is truly an odd concept
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DudeNtheRoom

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"][QUOTE="spazzx625"] So? I don't get why you are nixing every example given...While your only supporting argument has been a yogurt commercial?Zyrokin

It amazes me. One of your examples was a guy who isn't even bald and all of you are totally missing that. I'm talking about the average male being portrayed. Not a Mob boss, or a friggin super villain, or a actor who has been in the business for years who ppl already like.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] You're totally skipping the fact that you guys are showing men who actually have a decent amount of hair on their heads!!!DudeNtheRoom

And I've seen movies where actors with hair have their heads shaved to deliberately look bald. Chow Yun Fat and Johnny Depp come to mind.
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DudeNtheRoom
[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"][QUOTE="spazzx625"] James Gandolfini has been bald as long as he's been famous and he was picked as the lead for a show about the mafia. :|rawsavon

Some roles require weird costumes, alien makeup, hair, no hair...crazy, I know. Acting...playing a role that is not you...it is truly an odd concept

Jason born could be bald? Neo could have been bald? Neither of those actors are balding yet your point of view supports what I just said. Stop trying to be a smartarse.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
TC, the way you're ranting, this is the only thing that comes to mind...
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#61 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
So...Average males are only portrayed in yogurt commercials. Got it.
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DudeNtheRoom
[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"][QUOTE="spazzx625"] James Gandolfini has been bald as long as he's been famous and he was picked as the lead for a show about the mafia. :|megagene

And I've seen movies where actors with hair have their heads shaved to deliberately look bald. Chow Yun Fat and Johnny Depp come to mind.

What were those roles?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rawsavon

[QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] I swear this forum is full of bandwagon jumpers. You posted ppl who have hair, are 70 years old, and have had hair put on their heads for movies AND I admitted there are exceptions to the rule. THEN you tell me I did not accept the patrick stewart. DudeNtheRoom

It amazes me. One of your examples was a guy who isn't even bald and all of you are totally missing that. I'm talking about the average male being portrayed. Not a Mob boss, or a friggin super villain, or a actor who has been in the business for years who ppl already like.

Guys. I think I finally see what TC is saying.
We need to back off and acknowledge that he is correct and we were wrong.

In yoplait ads (not any other movie or role), bald men have been getting stereotyped for years, and it needs to stop

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DudeNtheRoom
So...Average males are only portrayed in yogurt commercials. Got it.spazzx625
Thats a pretty smartass way to look at it.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] And I've seen movies where they put hair on his head for the role AND he's a little old which is normal for balding men. DudeNtheRoom

Jason born could be bald? Neo could have been bald? Neither of those actors are balding yet your point of view supports what I just said. Stop trying to be a smartarse.

Actually Nero had a huge ass bald spot :?
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 spazzx625

In yoplait ads (not any other movie or role), bald men have been getting stereotyped for years, and it needs to stop

rawsavon

lol

You're the man, Raw.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Okay, FINE. TC, you are a huge loser. You don't even have any HAIR. You have no hope in life and it's not fair. Mods, don't mod me. It's what he wants to hear.
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DudeNtheRoom

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"][QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

rawsavon

I'm sure you're being sarcastic.

I'm saying in movies and commercials and TV where it's based on real life bald men are usually thought of as losers. Super villains and really ficticious characters is not what I'm talking about.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rawsavon
Mods, don't mod me. It's what he wants to hear. megagene
No, it's what we all wanted to hear
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DudeNtheRoom
[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] Some roles require weird costumes, alien makeup, hair, no hair...crazy, I know. Acting...playing a role that is not you...it is truly an odd conceptrawsavon

I would like to see that pic.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] It amazes me. One of your examples was a guy who isn't even bald and all of you are totally missing that. I'm talking about the average male being portrayed. Not a Mob boss, or a friggin super villain, or a actor who has been in the business for years who ppl already like.DudeNtheRoom

I'm saying in movies and commercials and TV where it's based on real life bald men are usually thought of as losers. Super villains and really ficticious characters is not what I'm talking about.

So we can only use commercials and autobiographies...got it. Not any other hero role or sex symbol role

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DudeNtheRoom
Okay, FINE. TC, you are a huge loser. You don't even have any HAIR. You have no hope in life and it's not fair. Mods, don't mod me. It's what he wants to hear. megagene
No mod him, b/c as usual thats not even the point. IF I'M ANGRY THAT BALD MEN ARE DPICTED LIKE THIS WOULDN'T IT BE SAID THAT IT'S B/C I'M NOT A LOSER?
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="megagene"]Mods, don't mod me. It's what he wants to hear. rawsavon

as a bald man...I agree with this statement...
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DudeNtheRoom

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

rawsavon

So we can only use commercials and autobiographies...got it. Not any other hero role or sex symbol role

You are 99% on point.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] Jason born could be bald? Neo could have been bald? Neither of those actors are balding yet your point of view supports what I just said. Stop trying to be a smartarse.DudeNtheRoom

I'll give you a hint: It is in the 'real world' (not the matrix)
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DudeNtheRoom
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="megagene"]Mods, don't mod me. It's what he wants to hear. Omni-Slash

Wow, this is funny. You guys can really twist the truth. I'm arguing that bald men are portayed as losers and you say thats what I want?
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DudeNtheRoom
[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] Actually Nero had a huge ass bald spot :?rawsavon

pic?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rawsavon
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] No, it's what we all wanted to hearDudeNtheRoom

Wow, this is funny. You guys can really twist the truth. I'm arguing that bald men are portayed as losers and you say thats what I want?

That not quite what was said about you ITT
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] I would like to see that pic.DudeNtheRoom

pic?

Google it. I am not your research assistant. IT is where they disconnect from the matrix...all the characters (except for a few 'naturals') have big ass bald spots throughout the movie
Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zyrokin
Member since 2010 • 1756 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] It amazes me. One of your examples was a guy who isn't even bald and all of you are totally missing that. I'm talking about the average male being portrayed. Not a Mob boss, or a friggin super villain, or a actor who has been in the business for years who ppl already like.DudeNtheRoom

Most of the people brought up are based off of real life bald men whether they are acting in a movie or in commercials, or tv.

Oh and add Colin Mockery to the list.

Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Kcube
Member since 2003 • 25398 Posts

Some of us just go bald

Ugly yes..Smart no..But I still get the right chicks:cry:

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DudeNtheRoom
So we can inslult other users as long as we are on the mods side? Good to know.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

Two out of these 5 from The Expendables are badasses

Stone Cold I'm pretty sure is bald

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rawsavon

Some of us just go bald

Kcube

And some us shave/buzz b/c it is just easier. I started a few months ago and love it

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Omni-Slash
So we can inslult other users as long as we are on the mods side? Good to know.DudeNtheRoom
he wasn;t insulting you....he was trying to understand your argument....and I was concerned with your dietary habits....
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DudeNtheRoom
[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] I'll give you a hint: It is in the 'real world' (not the matrix)rawsavon
pic?

Google it. I am not your research assistant. IT is where they disconnect from the matrix...all the characters (except for a few 'naturals') have big ass bald spots throughout the movie

This is where I wish I could swear. I don't know what you're talking about. Stop acting like you're better just b/c you want to join in with everyone else. If I don't know what part you're talking about how am I suppose to look it up?
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DudeNtheRoom
[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"]So we can inslult other users as long as we are on the mods side? Good to know.Omni-Slash
he wasn;t insulting you....he was trying to understand your argument....and I was concerned with your dietary habits....

Thats complete BS and you know it. Why would I want to be called a loser? Thats compeletly assinine.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"] pic?DudeNtheRoom

This is where I wish I could swear. I don't know what you're talking about. Stop acting like you're better just b/c you want to join in with everyone else. If I don't know what part you're talking about how am I suppose to look it up?

You are the one that brought up Nero...not me. So the onus is on you. If you haven't seen the matrix, then you shouldn't bring it up. If you have seen it, then you should know what I am talking about (since it is about half of every movie)
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Omni-Slash
Thats complete BS and you know it. Why would I want to be called a loser? Thats compeletly assinine.DudeNtheRoom
I can't help it if your argument was rather incoherant.....I think he made a valid attempt to understand your point.....I don't place value judgements on people's attempts to understand each other.........
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Bald men are dam sexy when they shave off their entire head. But when they cling to the last few hairs, no...
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 spazzx625
OK...This was destined to fail...