2023 Best year in Gaming in 10 Years? Especially PC.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

Poll 2023 Best year in Gaming in 10 Years? Especially PC. (9 votes)

Yes. 44%
No. 56%

It's been a pretty good year gaming especially if you are a PC Gamer. Games or developers that started out on the PC made a huge comeback. Baulder's Gate 3, the series which started out on the PC won Game of the Year and a Perfect 10 on Gamespot. I was frankly surprised that Baulder's Gate 3 did this good. I mean Baulder's Gate 2 came out in the years 2000. Gen Z on this site who were born after 2000 were still in their diapers or not even born when the last Baulder's Gate 2 came out lol. :D I was surprised that it had a pretty good fan base. Maybe I am not that old after all lol. Remedy which started out on the PC got a Perfect 10 on with Alan Wake 2. Alan Wake 2 made use of heavy PC features like Ray Tracing and DLSS 3.5. We had excellent remakes of Dead Space (although I don't know if that was really warranted since we can play the old one on PC in 4K). Resident Evil 4 also had a remake which I would argue did make sense since it came out during the PS2/Xbox era with it's poorer textures.

On the console side had Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. On the fighting game side had Street Fighter 6 which was pretty good along with Mortal Kombat 1. There are too many others to name. Last time time I can think of coming this close was 2007 but not quite 2007.

Agree?

On a side note, today marks 15 years to the day on officially being on GS for me. :) Although I was lurking on the site 10 years prior!

• 
attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By attirex  Online
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

Terrible gaming year. I am old and dumb so not a lot out there for me:

Diablo 4 - pretty terrible, I'm hate-playing it. I'm at level 59, still grinding through the campaign with a bunch of undiscovered areas yet to go, even though I can kill large groups of mobs with my Necromancer in under ten seconds. Haven't seen or gotten to next main quest part in months, still don't have a mount, have 36 unspent paragon points bc I don't understand how they work (and my Necro is already so OP figure they aren't needed). Fans asked for darker theme/landscape, and they got it - every area is brown, white, and boring AF. Gimme old school Diablo.

BG3 - I'm too dumb to play it.

Alan Wake - Never got into the series.

2077 - Updates are good, but there still isn't much to do and I'm so OP it's kind of boring. I can basically one-shot everything with my ridiculous cannon of a shotgun.

Dead Space remake - played original, don't need to play it again.

RE4 - Never got into or played this series, maybe I should.

Starfield - shattering disappointment. Played for about ten hours back in Sept, got bored, haven't touched it since.

So...there you go! Happy New Year!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

Great year.

Not a big believer in "best year since _" statements because gaming, like most things, is constantly evolving. Some things changed for the better, some for the worse...but I'd say that overall things are better.

I will say this: I have too many great games to play that came out this year, and that's a good problem to have, and a sign it was a good year.

I mean when you have to decide whether you're going to play a great D&D cRPG or a great Warhammer 40K cRPG, you know it was a good year!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

2023 PC gaming was ok for me. Not a whole lot of PC centric games interest me such as D&D and strategy games. So I mostly played indies, multiplatform or older games. 2023 is not in my top 5. Maybe not even top 10.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1052 Posts

I don't think it was the best, but it was pretty good.

Xtraflo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Xtraflo
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts

IMO - what makes it the "Best Year in 10 Years" are the Gamers trying to come back into gaming.
Problem is, not a lot of interesting options for Gamers to come back for. Gaming Culture is Sad these days.....