DIII Reaper of Souls...interested?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

So, with all the talk of changing the loot system, end game and so on, are you interested in DIII?  Is this a rebirth?  Is it just another 50-100 hours of fun and done?  Or is it just worthless trash that will further discrase the Diablo name?

I personally have hope, as foolish as I know it is.  I don't think this will fix DIII, but it could and that hope is still there for me, haha.  I played almost 250 hours of Diablo III and enjoyed it very much, until the the loot grind in Inferno (not to say it didnt have some big issues with story and other things the whole way through).  

So my stance on the expansion is foolishly hopeful and a possible purchase.  I wish they would ditch the AH though.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I'll end up getting it.  Whether or not I get it day one depends on if I have the money.  It may not have been the Diablo that people wanted, but I've loved playing it and had some great times with friends, so I'm not going to give up on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Yes, I like the changes its what everyone has been asking for. I knew they would wait for the expansion to really fix anything. I mean if they added all that stuff already they wouldnt have as much appeal with the expansion. Sucks, but thats business, all the haters will bash this but watch it will sell millions, dont expect much imput on these forums, topics like this dont ever get much attention. Sometimes I wonder if people that post here even play games not ever much talk about them.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
These changes to loot system should just be an update :S Oh Blizzard...you already ruined the Diablo name. Time to move on :)
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
noooooope. never again will i buy a blizzard game sight unseen. they have ruined all 3 of their major franchises in recent years. i cant trust them anymore.
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
noooooope. never again will i buy a blizzard game sight unseen. they have ruined all 3 of their major franchises in recent years. i cant trust them anymore.Geminon
How did Blizzard ruin Starcraft?
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts

I will probably get it, sooner or later. Reaper of Souls looks to fix most of the stuff I didnt like about Diablo 3. While adding more to the stuff I did like about it.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaveedLife

I will probably get it, sooner or later. Reaper of Souls looks to fix most of the stuff I didnt like about Diablo 3. While adding more to the stuff I did like about it.

Maroxad

I agree, I just wish they would at least offer an AHless mode and a different skill progression system (or new system or tweak to make it more of a choice).

Question:  Did I read that you can use paragon levels to increase your base stats?  And that there are infinite paragon levels?  Does that mean you can always be better?

Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

If the online mandate is gone, then yes. If not, then no. Or perhaps I'll just wait to get it on a console instead.

Depends, though the changes do interest me.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I think I'll pass. I buy expansions to further enjoy games that I already like, instead of buying an expansion hoping it turns a game I don't like into a game that I do like. It's funny, for not straying too far from its predecessor's formula, Diablo III managed to keep none of the things that made Diablo 1 and 2 so interesting and replayable for me. Maybe it would be better if their art style wasn't so bland and overused. It looks like a top-down World of Warcraft instead of a Diablo game. The quests and stories are more reminiscent of WoW than the previous Diablo games as well.

It's as if they created some huge bland content generator, left it on until they got a 6-hour game on their hands, added difficulty tiers to further campaign play-throughs to give the appearance of having replayability, and called it a day. The game is a good cash-cow for Blizzard. Only if Blizzard put fun-driven gameplay into the game instead of profit-driven gameplay.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Geminon
[QUOTE="Geminon"]noooooope. never again will i buy a blizzard game sight unseen. they have ruined all 3 of their major franchises in recent years. i cant trust them anymore.Chiddaling
How did Blizzard ruin Starcraft?

better question would be... how did they not?
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

NaveedLife

I agree, I just wish they would at least offer an AHless mode and a different skill progression system (or new system or tweak to make it more of a choice).

Question:  Did I read that you can use paragon levels to increase your base stats?  And that there are infinite paragon levels?  Does that mean you can always be better?

Ya, you can use Paragon "Points" to put it on stats (VIT, DEX, STR ect) or maybe skills to make them more powerful but there is a limit how many points you can put inside a Skill/stats.

There wouldn't be any cap for Paragon level so you can level it to lets say Paragon Level 1000 and you can use Paragon "Points" on any class you want because Paragon level will be account wider.

Loot 2.0, 2 new Game Modes (Nephalem Trials and Loot Run) and Paragon 2.0 will be on a patch before they release Expansion. Crusader Class, Act V, Levep cap to 70 and new Artisan Mystic will be on Expansion Pack.

From what I know so far there will be a patch before they release Expansion Pack and I think we'll know more about it on November at Blizzcon. After the patch with Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0 ect got released then shortly after they'll release Expansion Pack.

I think most people will aim the Loot 2.0 patch will hit on PTR (Public Test Real - to test the new patch before go lives) on November and release near in December/Januar. Expansion Pack will be release somewhere in 2014.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

DarkblueNinja

Ya, you can use Paragon "Points" to put it on stats (VIT, DEX, STR ect) or maybe skills to make them more powerful but there is a limit how many points you can put inside a Skill/stats.

There wouldn't be any cap for Paragon level so you can level it to lets say Paragon Level 1000 and you can use Paragon "Points" on any class you want because Paragon level will be account wider.

Loot 2.0, 2 new Game Modes (Nephalem Trials and Loot Run) and Paragon 2.0 will be on a patch before they release Expansion. Crusader Class, Act V, Levep cap to 70 and new Artisan Mystic will be on Expansion Pack.

From what I know so far there will be a patch before they release Expansion Pack and I think we'll know more about it on November at Blizzcon. After the patch with Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0 ect got released then shortly after they'll release Expansion Pack.

I think most people will aim the Loot 2.0 patch will hit on PTR (Public Test Real - to test the new patch before go lives) on November and release near in December/Januar. Expansion Pack will be release somewhere in 2014.

Soooo...you could reach paragon 1000 and have stats that are through the roof?  And is the paragon points into skills already implemented or is that coming?  I have not played since paragon was added.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

NaveedLife

YOu can use paragon levels to boost your stats, dunno if they are infinite or not htough. If they are, they only remind me even MORE of Borderlands 2's Badass Rank system.

Edit: seems like they are infinite.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Geminon

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

YOu can use paragon levels to boost your stats, dunno if they are infinite or not htough. If they are, they only remind me even MORE of Borderlands 2's Badass Rank system.

what is the point of continuing to play once your character is good enough to beat the game on the hardest mode?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

Yeah.  Seems unbalanced to me.  I am confused how this will work out to be honest.

I think they should (and maybe do, though it doesnt sound like it) make a cap for each character, but no cap on account points.  Meaning you could build up a ton to use on any characters you create in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

i played D3 for some time when it was released, but ended up being disappointed. it doesn't really belong to this day and age IMO.

it was quite frustrating that you had to grind the same tedious levels and enemies through atleast 2 times before you actually reached some level of challenge. failed design right there. i'm pretty sure i wont be getting Reaper Of Souls.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Looks like the Paragon stats bonuses are capped:

7ddbf428-4dfd-4c06-a2enriv.jpg

You can dump points in movement speed, crit chance etc. I'm sure most are capped - can't see movement speed going over 25%, for example...

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarkblueNinja

[QUOTE="DarkblueNinja"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Soooo...you could reach paragon 1000 and have stats that are through the roof?  And is the paragon points into skills already implemented or is that coming?  I have not played since paragon was added.

Like I said there is a limit how much point you can put inside a Skill/Stats :)

Current Paragon: Each Paragon Level you'll get like 2 Main Stats, STR, DEX or INT (depend on your class) and about 3 VIT.

Paragon 2.0 (not 100% Confirm yet): All your Paragon Level on all classes will be convert to one Paragon. If you have 2 class with one Paragon Level 100 and the other Paragon Level 50 then it will calculate all the EXP together to the new Account Wider Paragon Level. Lets say Current Paragon Level 100 give you 100EXP and so Paragon Level 50 will give you 50EXP. Lets then say from the new Paragon Level 2.0 you need 150EXP to get from Paragon 100 to Paragon 120, then your new Paragon Level will be Paragon Level 120.

Also from what I'm understand all the Paragon EXP will also convert into "Points" so you can spendt it on SKill/Stats ect. 

I hope you guys understand what I'm try to say lol....maybe someone who understand and can say it in proper english haha

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="DarkblueNinja"]Ya, you can use Paragon "Points" to put it on stats (VIT, DEX, STR ect) or maybe skills to make them more powerful but there is a limit how many points you can put inside a Skill/stats.

DarkblueNinja

Current Paragon: Each Paragon Level you'll get like 2 Main Stats, STR, DEX or INT (depend on your class) and about 3 VIT.

Paragon 2.0 (not 100% Confirm yet): All your Paragon Level on all classes will be convert to one Paragon. If you have 2 class with one Paragon Level 100 and the other Paragon Level 50 then it will calculate all the EXP together to the new Account Wider Paragon Level. Lets say Current Paragon Level 100 give you 100EXP and so Paragon Level 50 will give you 50EXP. Lets then say from the new Paragon Level 2.0 you need 150EXP to get from Paragon 100 to Paragon 120, then your new Paragon Level will be Paragon Level 120.

Also from what I'm understand all the Paragon EXP will also convert into "Points" so you can spendt it on SKill/Stats ect. 

I hope you guys understand what I'm try to say lol....maybe someone who understand and can say it in proper english haha

i pretty much get it.  But is there a limit to how many points you can put into your core stats (as a whole, not the cap of 50 on each)?  Cause if you can reach 50 for all 4 core stats, it takes away the point of your choice.  I wonder how the skills will work too?

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Well thats a significant divide. Im not going to buy it - or at least Im too jaded from the first game to allow myself to buy it. They dont exactly deserve it unless there are rolling changes that refresh and revitalize the game. Putting 2.0s on systems you added just to give people something to do after beating the game isnt a refresh. I think i the only way Im coming back is if they add PvP or something structured for people to play. They owe that much at least.
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkblueNinja

[QUOTE="DarkblueNinja"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

i pretty much get it.  But is there a limit to how many points you can put into your core stats (as a whole, not the cap of 50 on each)?  Cause if you can reach 50 for all 4 core stats, it takes away the point of your choice.  I wonder how the skills will work too?

We don't have any information about that yet but I think we'll get to know more about ROS at Blizzcon. About the skill they did say all "old" class will also get some new Skills and Runes. They probably don't allow us to put Points on all Stats/Skill. I guess we just need until they tell us more at Blizzcon this November. 

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

It would have to come out and really bring some serious momentum that actually breathes the Diablo life back into the series.... But I doubt this will happen.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
No, I didn't enjoy Diablo III to begin with. I will stick to Torchlight, Diablo II, Fate, and other such roguelike dungeon crawlers.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

The Massive Expansion Recap

Sounds great. I like the new gem:

• New Gem -Diamond
    • Weapons: increases damage to Elites (3% @ Flawed)
    • Helms: reduces cooldown of skills (11% @ Flawed)
    • Armor: increases All Resistance (10 @ Flawed)
CDudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CDudu
Member since 2007 • 694 Posts

Im going to buy it cos the gameplay is so fun and l believe they ll fix the loot system plus the best items will be bound on account and that is going to keep people away from the AH.

The new paragon system with the option to allocate your points wherever you want and the affixes on the items that will be skill changers also sound interesting.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Not a fan of Diablo...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Maroxad

Looks like the Paragon stats bonuses are capped:

7ddbf428-4dfd-4c06-a2enriv.jpg

You can dump points in movement speed, crit chance etc. I'm sure most are capped - can't see movement speed going over 25%, for example...

Baranga

I will totally invest as many points as possible into movement speed, why cause of Sanic.