Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Hashim19
Member since 2007 • 1324 Posts

While playing games like Ghost Recon Wildlands, i have been experiencing bad texture problem after playing for 40 mins. Game don't crash usually but it does sometimes. I have XFX 570 4GB and it remains around 65C during whole gameplay so it might not be the graphics card nor PSU as temperature is normal. Some of the stats are below

GPU UTIL : Bouncing to 100 alot times

GPU Current Temp : 60 to 65C during whole gameplay

There are few things i would like to mention. Can it be my DDR3 Ram that causing this problem ? Because when i ran MemTest64 my system got hanged within few mins. Also i recently updated my motherboard bios because xfx 570 was not support by old bios.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Your GPU utilization is meant to be high and your temps seems perfectly fine.

This doesn't seem like a hardware issue, it looks like a driver issues or just the game.

Do you have texture issues with other games and crashes?... Also have you updated your GPU drivers recently?

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hashim19

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Tired Gears 5, it runs very smoothly without any texture problem at all. it's just crashes after 30 mins of gameplay. I didn't getting the problem. And yes, I changed my graphics card from 1050ti to XFX 570TI and also updated motherboard bios.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Hashim19:

Why did you upgrade the bios?... You don't need to do that for a new GPU.

What power supply do you have? a 1050 ti is a 75w GPU and a 570 is a 150w GPU, if your running off a prebuilt PC and you upgraded your GPU you might have a PSU that isn't able to give it enough power.

Best thing I can suggest to do is the following steps:

• Open up your PC case... Unplug your RAM and GPU and plug them back into their slots safely, making sure the power supply cables are firmly plugged into your GPU.
  • Uninstall all GPU drivers... As you upgraded from Nvidia to AMD, I recommend removing all drivers then restarting your PC and installing the latest drivers from AMD.
Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hashim19

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: I have also updated my PSU with 550W 80 Bronze, for some reason my motherboard is not loading new graphics card. Once i install all the latest version of Bios, it started working. Also my GPU temperature is solid 65C, then why would power supply would be a problem ? I did stress test my Ram and my pc just hanged. Also kindly suggest any software to stress test my GPU with PSU or something to make sure if PSU is working fine or not.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Hashim19 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: I have also updated my PSU with 550W 80 Bronze, for some reason my motherboard is not loading new graphics card. Once i install all the latest version of Bios, it started working. Also my GPU temperature is solid 65C, then why would power supply would be a problem ? I did stress test my Ram and my pc just hanged. Also kindly suggest any software to stress test my GPU with PSU or something to make sure if PSU is working fine or not.

Your PSU is more than enough for your PC.

Have you done the steps I recommended yet?...

You went from a Nvidia card to a AMD card, make sure you have all the Nvidia drivers uninstalled from your setup.

GPU stress tests are Furmark: https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hashim19

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Yes, i did, i will share the result soon. Also my Furmark score is around 4263. Is it good or bad ?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Hashim19 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Yes, i did, i will share the result soon. Also my Furmark score is around 4263. Is it good or bad ?

The score isn't why your doing the test, your stress testing it to see if it will crash to determine what is wrong with your system.

If it didn't crash with furmark then your GPU is fine.

It could just be driver issues, maybe don't use the newest driver for the GPU and go back to older version... Driver issues have been a problem with AMD for some time now.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

Are you generally experiencing problems after 30-40 minutes of gaming?

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hashim19

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Yeah furmark didn't crashed on default settings on 1080p. Btw guys i have removed on of my DDR3 and played around 40-50 mins without any crash and screen texture problems :). let's say for now it seems RAM was causing the trouble somehow.

Since furmark didn't crashed, is it safe to say my GPU and PSU are fine ? Because i got warranty time for both of them.

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hashim19

@horgen: Yes !! But after removing one of my DDR3 ram, played 40 - 50 mins without any crashes and shuttering. So i guess it's the RAM. Strange how can RAM cause texture blender.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator

@Hashim19: One of the chips are probably bad then. That's why it takes so long to come up.

Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hashim19

@horgen: Thanks for your replies, btw played Gears 5 about 60 mins without any texture blender or crashes. So it's safe to say it's bad ram causing the problems. Thank God my PSU and Graphics Card working fine as shipping cost is way to harsh in my country.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@Hashim19: Yeah, but removing a RAM stick means usually half the RAM. And you get half the speed to, if you had dual rank memory, 2 sticks.