far cry, such a jem of a game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

well I just got far cry

and don't get me wrong I'm not behind in games or anything, but this game is class!

it was very far ahead of it's time, and I really appreciate that, like in terms of level design and character animation, not just graphics alone. It was very very advanced for it's time

I knew it was ahead of it's time, but this far ahead? it's quite amazing how bad the console games of the same name are compared to this, cos this clearly looks better than the xbox 360 version does now!!!

I'm quite impressed by this game that's all

dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
Technically it is a very impressive game.... but for me the story did let it down somewhat.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
it was a great game and the multi player is still fun, but the campaign got boring about half way through for me :(
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
granted. awsome game. but a system hog for its time
oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
yup, Class. thats the only word that sums up how great this game is!
i finished it about 6 times now. lol. but my dad (56?) has finished it in excess of 15 times now. lol XD he never plays anything else hehehe (hes also been addicted to Return to castle wolfenstein. Half life 2. COD 1/2. Tiger woods 05/06/07 GRAW. to say he isnt a gamer, he's not doing bad!!! :D )
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

Far cry on pc was about 10 times better then the 360's version but dont get to hyped the 360 version has far superior gfx although i lvoe the pc version about 10 times more.

thekonig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thekonig
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts
I can't believe you can buy the game for $10.
Cniinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Cniinc
Member since 2003 • 182 Posts
i hear that the xbox/360 versions of the game left out the awesome free-roaming nature of the series, and instead made it a standard, halo-esque linear adventure. Is that true? 'cuz if so, i'm glad i've only played far cry in its best form on the PC. 
zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
i hear that the xbox/360 versions of the game left out the awesome free-roaming nature of the series, and instead made it a standard, halo-esque linear adventure. Is that true? 'cuz if so, i'm glad i've only played far cry in its best form on the PC. Cniinc
It's true however from what I played of Extinction its a bit different.
Sketchbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Sketchbaz
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts
Far Cry was one of the best games I have ever played. The singleplayer and sandbox kept me occupied for a good 2-3 months.
havocz8189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 havocz8189
Member since 2003 • 141 Posts
You spelled GEM wrong
t3h_MarK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 t3h_MarK
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts

That game had me blown away for a good 6 months, the 64 bit patch is cool too.

Looking forward to Crysis because it looks top grade like far cry

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I had fun with the game until it turned into Doom with M4s. Before you started fighting the freaky monkey monsters it was great.
halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts
Far Cry Rocks. Nuff Said.
Deltaforce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Deltaforce-
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

I've been through Far Cry 4plus times and was amazed at how quickly you can get through once you know all the shortcuts. Some levels took forever the first time, and were much, much, faster once you figured it out. 

Highlights for me:

Over-the-top Mercs shouting "I'm going to shoot you in the face!"

Jumping the Dune Buggy over both lava rivers at the second to last level, and driving right up to the fortress door.

Running over anything with the Humvee! -and then blasting away with the OICW.

Killing the SOB with the rocket launcher in the tower (the level with the moat and flyjack).

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#16 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Great game, one of the top fps games of all time for me
senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 senjutsu
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts
dunno, I got far cry 2 weeks ago and err... it's not my kind, I love more the games that are less realistic, but with a top class story like half life 2, and episode 1 :D ( waiting for ep.2 with PORTAL, ohhhhh yeah! ) dunno, I suppose games are like food, it's not everybody who love the same things! :D
muscrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 muscrat_01
Member since 2005 • 3592 Posts
[QUOTE="monty_4256"]

If you are Christian, put this in your signature.

senjutsu
I hate religions, they are the opium of the people like Karl Marx said... And I hate the followers of the "gods" because they valorise an archaic system based on cruelty and abuses... ps: all the gods were ( at the base ) created to control masses by controlling their fears and needs, why do you think the christian religion say the poors will go to paradise? because like that nobody want to be paid by the elite.... how many costed the cathedrals in italia? nothing... pps: sorry for my bad english, I'm french, studying at the university of Québec at Montréal in psychology. Oh, and if you're at the university, you surely saw that almost nobody trust in god there, why? because the religions fear the information... Even if the people who trust in god will live longer because they do not fear death so they are less anxious, but instead of always seeking stupidity and god trusting we should try to understant death, instead of evitating the subject.... I hate ignorance! sorry for that, it's just that... somebody who is proud to be a christian, for me, is the worst...

Nice post /\

Im a happy Atheist aswell, who was a former Catholic - but if christianity floats your boat fine.... Just dont spout biblical bulls*** at me.

The worst are people who put so much dependance in a God, are too short sighted to see their own faults.

Wait a sec... This comment wasent even on this thread! :lol:
ThE_SoCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThE_SoCK
Member since 2003 • 459 Posts

indeed

im only about 3/4 of the way through the single player and i've had mixed feelings.

at first it was an interesting experience to play far cry in the immersive jungle. you could be stealthy, you could be tactical, but you couldnt just run in guns blazing. the non-linearity of the game is nice touch. i started to dislike the game once the mutant monkeys came. they one shot you basically which was very frustrating. i quit playing the game for awhile.

i picked up some months later and continued to play. i wasnt too impressed as it was basically the same experience as before. But slowly i started to realize that this is actually a well made very enjoyable game as i progressed even farther. right now im claiming far cry to be one of my favorite FPS games and a game that every PC enthusiast should try.

i havent finished but i hope this game goes out with a blast and good story :) although i've heard different =\

Sandro909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Sandro909
Member since 2004 • 15221 Posts
Looking back, it's pretty ugly, but it was fun for a while when it came out.
Avatar image for deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts
the checkpoint saving got me frustrated a couple of times, but in the end it was a great FPS.

blue_sparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blue_sparks
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
it was a great game and i loved the open-ended gameplay and graphics, but it was way too hard for me. the checkpoint save system and the really crazy enemy accuracy made it a pain in the @$$ for me. or maybe im just a noob :P
Avatar image for sipinoldenglish
sipinoldenglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sipinoldenglish
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yeh that was a sick game i loved the water i have an obbesion with it
realprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 realprince
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am one of the few who got introduced to "Far Cry" pretty late. Uptil now the best FPS I have played. Thoroughly enjoying it. I have one question? How do I use the other gun i.e. the Rocket Launcher while I am in the Patrol Boat ?

Any sugestions pl. ??

Thanks,
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

Hi Guys,

I am one of the few who got introduced to "Far Cry" pretty late. Uptil now the best FPS I have played. Thoroughly enjoying it. I have one question? How do I use the other gun i.e. the Rocket Launcher while I am in the Patrol Boat ?

Any sugestions pl. ??

Thanks,
realprince

I think it is X?  Can't remember.

Jagg3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Jagg3d
Member since 2007 • 773 Posts
I really liked the concepts and open endedness it presented but the story was so done that it ruined it