Gpu usage stuck at 40-50% after some time of gameplay.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sew333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sew333
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts

Hello. I have problem with Crysis Remaster. When i start game gpu usage is fine 95+usage. But when i more playing,moving on area,then it suddenly dropping to 50-70% and then it stuck at 45-50%. I must restart game to fix usage. Any ideas? IS this caused by Denuvo,my faulty hardware or game engine?

pc: 9700K stock 60-70C in game

Rtx 3090 PalitGamePro stock 78C in game

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP 3000mhz

Aorus Z390 Pro Gaming

Seasonic 750-TX ULTRA TITANIUM PRIME PLUS

Windows 10 fresh after format updated

new nvidia drivers

no apps in background

game is on ssd installed

PS:

Only happen in Remaster. In 3dmarks,Control,Metro,Quake 2 rtx no issues like that.

Also tried Fast Syncs,Max performance pans nothing helping. Thx

Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts

Crysis Remastered is a sad port of a game that still only prioritizes a single core, so this same issue would likely be observed while playing the original Crysis. Unless your CPU is running at 10GHz with 2x the IPC of a 10900k, you will always see these percentages with this game.

sew333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sew333
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts

On 2080 Ti on 1440P my gpu usage was higher ,like gpu usage 60-90%. Now on rtx 3090 my gpu usage is like 40-60%. Why? And i have now less fps

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2465 Posts

The problem is that you're playing Crysis Remastered.

Duntastar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Duntastar88
Member since 2019 • 40 Posts

Crysis is a badly optimised game and from what I've heard the remaster is even worse

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

Just play the original Crysis, works fine on my pc better than the remastered

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Original Crysis game does make use of more than one core based on the testing I did with it years ago when the game released.

Setting the affinity for the game to use 1 core and playing through the first area gave me X fps on average.

Setting the affinity for the game to use 2 cores and playing through the first area again gave me X + 25% or so extra fps on average.

Setting the affinity for the game to use 3 cores, however, didn't result in any noticeable gains outside of a 1-2% which would be considered a normal margin of change.

The game can use more than 1 core, but not well.....I could install my copy of Crysis and test again just to make sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me, but I'm too lazy.

As for the OP - your 3090 isn't getting fed enough data to keep it working hard. It's nothing against your CPU, it's a solid CPU for gaming these days, but the sad fact of the matter is (as others posted), the game doesn't utilize the CPU very well.....and after I type all this out I realize I'm replying to a 2month old topic that was just resurrected and I'm guessing the OP got an answer to his question from all the previous posts.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Like others said... you have a 3090 man. This game is just hitting some cpu-bound areas and your monster GPU is just not getting enough to do. CPU-bound vs GPU-bound is relative - the same CPU on the same game could be the bottleneck or not depending on how the game code is stressing the CPU and GPU and where their relative power sits.