Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I was shocked at first but then sadly I understood it's patent protected =(

The GPU power connectors are on the bottom of the card!! how simple yet genius is that

I always wanted to built a hidden cables build but it takes so much time and effort to do so, you need to buy a cables sleeves etc to accomplish that as well

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17822 Posts

Cool, but seeing the cables does not bother me. As long as the cables are not drastically reducing air flow, then it is no biggie. I run a closed case with no windows anyway. So, I do not see them regardless.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56192 Posts

I'm that kind of PC gamer who doesn't give a damn about cable management and my humble opinion is, if it works, it ain't stupid.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127512 Posts

@girlusocrazy: How often did you make changes to your PC? I usually change graphic cards when a new gen arrive. Had RTX 3080 almost since launch (6 weeks after), and I don't think I have made a change since. Waiting for RTX 4080 now.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 horgen  Moderator

@girlusocrazy said:

@horgen: At one point it was every 6 months, but I also built a lot for other people

Holy F. Once a year at most for me. Now I am getting closer to 2 years without changes I think. Which is what I prefer, given that I also have water cooling. So out with the old card, re-do the loop to test the new card, take it out again and put on water block and re-do the loop once more.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

It's a neat concept, but I think the fact you have to license a patent will mean it doesn't go anywhere.

The connectors on the back side also really limits your ability to reuse the hardware somewhere else.

@horgen said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@horgen: At one point it was every 6 months, but I also built a lot for other people

Holy F. Once a year at most for me. Now I am getting closer to 2 years without changes I think. Which is what I prefer, given that I also have water cooling. So out with the old card, re-do the loop to test the new card, take it out again and put on water block and re-do the loop once more.

Lol. I will open my PC up again when the water all evaporates from the reservoir. We're down almost an inch since I built it in JAN 2019. Set it and forget it.

I will probably spring for a 4000-series Nvidia card eventually - realistically that'll be the next time I do work on it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

Best part of that video is when he said "If you have a window without an 'x' you're doing it wrong".

Amen.

Anyway, novel idea, not worth the headache of being locked into patented parts and such. Also like most things tech related, looks like you'd be better off waiting for further revisions as this had some serious issues (lack of space, airflow, etc.).

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2433 Posts

Inside of my case looks awful. But I don't care. Paid a little extra for a case with no window because I didn't want to see the LEDs.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator

@pyro1245 said:

Lol. I will open my PC up again when the water all evaporates from the reservoir. We're down almost an inch since I built it in JAN 2019. Set it and forget it.

I will probably spring for a 4000-series Nvidia card eventually - realistically that'll be the next time I do work on it.

I've made it so it is easy to refill water.

@girlusocrazy said:

That's for like 5 years when I was gaming hard core on PC, just getting whatever was latest and reselling everything 6 months old for a good price, and I could easily fund that and sell off parts with the amount of PCs I was building and supporting on the side. Now I mostly game on console and only open up a PC if I really have to, and I can't really stand to do any PC support anymore. I don't want to spend my free time that way anymore and the money doesn't make it attractive at this point.

You made PC gaming sound tiresome :P

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

@horgen:

oh yeah it's easy. I just haven't deemed it 'of critical importance yet'

Plus, I kinda want to see how low it gets by the time I switch GPUs. It can still drop a few more inches before it would cause an issue.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@warm_gun said:

Inside of my case looks awful. But I don't care. Paid a little extra for a case with no window because I didn't want to see the LEDs.

You can turn off lighting of your hardware

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2433 Posts

@gerygo said:
@warm_gun said:

Not on my PCIe SATA expansion card. To disable the LEDs on this Gigabyte 2060, I have to keep their special software installed and running. But I don't use the stock fans with LEDs anymore anyway; replaced them with 120 mm ones.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I couldn’t careless about cable and RGB craps. I don’t want no distraction and lightning everywhere but my monitor or TV. I hide my current PC and soon my new one.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator

Come to think of it. There was a user here who posted builds with the cables quite well hidden long before Covid. Granted I think he also removed a couple of cables just for the pictures, like ones running from the case to motherboard.

@warm_gun said:
@gerygo said:
@warm_gun said:

Not on my PCIe SATA expansion card. To disable the LEDs on this Gigabyte 2060, I have to keep their special software installed and running. But I don't use the stock fans with LEDs anymore anyway; replaced them with 120 mm ones.

I found led lights useful inside my case when I want to do some work in it. I got a jumper for the 24 pin so I had power running to some LEDs connected straight to the PSU.