Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

I don't know how to even explain this, it happened yesterday.

I bought the game Age of Empires Definitive Edition and since then, anything microsoft related has gone gay on me. These problems so far seem to effect microsoft edge, microsoft store and even the game AOE that i bought from it.

I can't close Microsoft Edge without using the task manager. The x doesn't work and if i have more than one tab, it would ask you to either close tabs or cancel. If i choose close tab, it would high light, the moment i click it, the highlight would go to cancel. If i press cancel, nothing happens. This is where i have to force close it with task manager as cancel, close tabs and the X doesn't do what it should do.

The store itself kinda has the same problem. I can use the x to close it, but when i'm trying to browse a game, video or app. The one i high light wont let me click on it. The high light would then flicker through all the games and not let me click the one i want.

The during gameplay of AOEDE, some of the buttons don't work, i have to press enter a dozen times during game play just to get it to pop up.

The thing is, i don't get any of these issues on my other web browsers like firefox, operah, chrome or other games at the moment. This weirdness just seems to affect anything thats Microsoft store/web or game related.

Has anyone else had a problem with this.

I wish i could explain it better, but from where i'm sitting, this thing just started the moment i ended up buying from the Microsoft store yesterday

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I haven't had any problems. I've used W10 Store quiet a bit this past week to re-download Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Hub, Gears 4 & Gears Ultimate Edition on to another HDD. Maybe some newer Windows Updates are giving you problems? You can try uninstalling recent updates.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

No problems for me after buying AOE DE. FYI, using "gone all gay on me" to refer to your OS getting all f*cked up isn't really ok in the posting guidelines.

gethelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gethelp
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

I am facing an issue while using the windows 10. The issue is that the Windows not shutting down properly. It continuous starts updating up to 1 hour and not shut down properly and a blue screen appears. If you have such issue while using the windows 10 call windows 10 help guide or visit http://howtogethelpinwindows10.co/ They will provide you the solution.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Hope there are no problems when Sea of Thieves is released...

inousious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inousious
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

no

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

@xantufrog said:

No problems for me after buying AOE DE. FYI, using "gone all gay on me" to refer to your OS getting all f*cked up isn't really ok in the posting guidelines.

I can't say I really see any specific mention in the posting guidelines stickied at the top of the PC/Mac/Linux Society that I would really attribute the "gone all gay on me" towards.

• I wouldn't consider it as hate speech nor as a threat.
  • I don't see it as a post simply created to get a rise out of others without substantial info provided in the post.
  • The TC isn't trolling and isn't flaming anyone and it's not a disruptive post

I'd say the comment could more in line fall within the "Community Code of Conduct" as it could be considered Harassment (but folks these days are too damn touchy and everything seems to offend everyone - and that offends me). Here is the section about Harassment:

#2 – Harassment / Bullying

Including but not limited to hateful, personal attacks against other members, sexism, racism, slurs or similar statements. Ad hominem and other distracting attacks do not add anything to the conversation. When our digital pride is on the line, emotions can run high. Every person that you encounter is going to carry a different set of circumstances with them, and therefore is going to have a different level of tolerance for frustration. If you end up talking with someone you think is harassing/bullying you (or other users), don't lower yourself to his or her level. Instead, politely ask them to calm down. If someone's really starting to bother you, please do not retaliate, instead report it to a moderator.

Topics, Posts and Comments: Posts that are inappropriate, profane, vulgar, offensive, false, disparaging, defamatory, obscene, illegal, sexually explicit, racist, promotes violence, racial hatred, or terrorism, or are otherwise deemed, in our sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable are subject to moderation.

Stereotypes: Offensive generalizations and/or mocking groups, alternate communities, and/or organizations is considered a form of discrimination and can result in moderation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all of that aside, I found the comment humorous and I don't think it was intended in any way to cause some kind of harm.

As for Windows Store and Edge issue - I'm not sure since I rarely use Win 10, never used Edge and I don't use the Windows Store.....but, you could try resetting Edge to see if that helps. Do make note that this link is from about 2.5 years ago, so I'm not sure if it still applies with Windows 10 today.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-windows-10

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@neatfeatguy: I didn't ban the guy, just gave him a gentle warning, and yes, I was referring to the CoC, not the board-specific posting rules (which vary from board to board). We consider that homophobic language. It's not exactly the worst thing anyone's ever said around here, hence my mild-mannered reply on the wording. A lot of people don't think about how phrasing like that can be hurtful to others

Nakery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nakery
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

There are lots of problems for Windows 10 .the more concern is how to update Windows 10 without any risk , i can not stand that the system cannot be accessed properly after the Windows upgrade.The login password has not changed and i didn't forgot login password , but Windows 10 was locked ,

https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-forgotten-windows-10-login-password.html

This method is recommended by my colleague , but i don't know if it works for me , any suggestions .....

windowstech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 windowstech

I was facing this problem in my Lenovo IdeaPad 7.When I try to open the store, display stuck and sometimes it shuts down automatically.I was searching for an online solution and post this issue on some forum.One of the members suggested me to visit:

https://babasupport.org/microsoft/windows-customer-support/393
and their support team guides me to resolve my issue.If you are still facing then you can visit and resolve your problem.Thank me later.

neoplymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By neoplymike
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

dear all,

I also met one question with windows 10. I can not turn the computer on.

many thanks

Tacery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tacery

@nakery said:

There are lots of problems for Windows 10 .the more concern is how to update Windows 10 without any risk , i can not stand that the system cannot be accessed properly after the Windows upgrade.The login password has not changed and i didn't forgot login password , but Windows 10 was locked ,

This method is recommended by my colleague , but i don't know if it works for me , any suggestions .....

Thanks for your advice , i have tried and it worked for me .

Raging_Mortals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Raging_Mortals
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Mines working now

Takemeheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Takemeheart
Member since 2018 • 11 Posts

I have had similar problems.But it's a good solution.