mmos any others than WOW ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

can some one reccomend a good mmo ? iv played wow and enjoyed it for while, am currently playing dcuo on ps3 which is kinda of cool. what else is there thats got good community ? and doesnt need epic requirements

xcvb345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xcvb345
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
second life, eve online, everquest 3, guild wars...
rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

i have the original guild wars some were and i thought that was pritty epic, is it still active?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i have the original guild wars some were and i thought that was pritty epic, is it still active?

rawrB

weve had 3 expansions 4 free dlc's and are just finished christmas and jsut before it the heart of the north event[spoiler] heart of the north is gwen's wedding day [/spoiler]

we have also laid down alot of foundation for gw2's arrival and continue to do so.. oh and the meta game has balanced out actually rather nicely of lae due to a market reset (they reset the prices of everything at the dealers) as a result stuff is worth it again to be doing. its still no picnic climbing to the top and some endgame stuff just isnt done anymore like eotn's dungeons but its still 100% worth it and 100% worth it to get the expansions.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Lord of the Rings Online has gone free to play, and has a good community.
porcelain_mai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 porcelain_mai
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I found Aion to be kind of half way between WoW and GW, so maybe try Aion
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Guild Wars isn't an MMO.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

Age of Conan was okay back in the day... I got over it pretty quickly though, but that's only because I have a short tollerance for MMORPGs.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

Lord of the Rings Online has gone free to play, and has a good community.ChiliDragon
It is also similar enough to WoW that you can switch over to it and pick up on it's game play easily. It is a very high quality Free to Play MMO. I'd recommend it.

Otherwise there is Rift coming out soon, which is similar to WoW with a couple distinctions. Warhammer Online, which is almost straight PvP based, you will do 90% of your leveling through PvP (called Realm vs Realm -- RvR).

Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts

Darkfall Online.

I never hear anyone mention it, but it's pretty cool.

HakowSiumai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 HakowSiumai
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Definitely S4 League. It's free to download, and free to play. About a good community maybe not really. There are lots of people always complaining and yelling because they are losing, and there are sometimes where there are hackers, but it's still a game that I totally recommend to you. If you check the rating here on GameSpot, everyone's reviews are generally good. Again, it's VERY good. If you like WoW, then you probably will like Diablo II as well. It's by the same people who made WoW, and it's somewhat similar. However, I think that Diablo II looks more fun than WoW (never played WoW but I have played Diablo II) There's MapleStory, which I'm pretty sure you've heard of before. If you haven't, it's like a 2D cartoon in a 2D world, but there are lots of missions, quests, and worlds to explore. It's very fun in the beginning, but one can get bored of it quickly. TalesRunner is basically a racing game where you choose a character a run through a course. The down side however, is most of the good things that you can get for your character through the shop (in the game) require you to use real money. Also, game currency takes a long time to acquire. It's a fun game in the beginning, but just like MapleStory, one can get tired of it quickly
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

Darkfall Online.

tequilasunriser
This game is for masochists. The PvP idea is cool and if someone kills you they can take whatever you have on your person at the time. But the real killer is the grind. There's no leveling, it has a system like Oblivion where you use your skills in repetition to level them up. So everyone ends up with the same cookie cutter build, but also to be a top player you need to set up macros for your character. What I mean is you script a macro and walk away from the computer for hours upon hours at a time while your toon hammers away at whatever rock/mob type you told em to. It is common to hear of someone AFK macroing for 23 hours a day for days on end to level their skills up.
enozth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 enozth
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

You should to try Aion.

Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts

Guild Wars isn't an MMO.

-Unreal-
Yeah, it's kinda like saying Monster hunter is an MMO, anyways as people have already said: LOTRO or Aion, or wait for Guild Wars 2 which looks more like an MMO.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Aion is actually a very good mmo but beware, it's not for the faint of heart. The grind can be very harsh at times, most people never even make it to the max level before giving up. If you can get passed the big grind the game has lots to offer and some great world pvp.

paladinqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 paladinqueen
Member since 2010 • 509 Posts

it is really hard to find ,WoW is a very good game!!!

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

[QUOTE="tequilasunriser"]

Darkfall Online.

cametall

This game is for masochists. The PvP idea is cool and if someone kills you they can take whatever you have on your person at the time. But the real killer is the grind. There's no leveling, it has a system like Oblivion where you use your skills in repetition to level them up. So everyone ends up with the same cookie cutter build, but also to be a top player you need to set up macros for your character. What I mean is you script a macro and walk away from the computer for hours upon hours at a time while your toon hammers away at whatever rock/mob type you told em to. It is common to hear of someone AFK macroing for 23 hours a day for days on end to level their skills up.

Darkfall's grind is less of a problem now. It has recently been reduced. All skills go up faster now. They also have a meditation system where you gain skill offline without having to macro. There are limited skills in it now, but more will be added.