Need a great Car Audio system please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

I have a 98 Honda Accord and I'm tired of the stock audio, it's not CD, or anything. 

I'd like to replace it with maybe this one. Which is a Pioneer. Or this one which is a Sony.

Anyone have any recommendations for me? Not that expensive but also great quality and something I can just plug my HTC One via USB into and play music from.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Unless you also plan on putting in new speakers and/or subs/amps, just get the cheapest deck you can find with a USB or AUX input. Not a whole lot of difference, unless you start looking at really fancy, expensive ones, which would be pointless unless you're also getting fancy speakers and subs n shit.

Also, if you want to go the USB route, do some research and make sure that the deck will operate with your phone just the way you want it to. Sometimes that stuff just likes to not work. But it looks like both of the ones you're looking at also have AUX input, with a simple 1/8" stereo jack, so that's always an option.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blazerdt47

Unless you also plan on putting in new speakers and/or subs/amps, just get the cheapest deck you can find with a USB or AUX input. Not a whole lot of difference, unless you start looking at really fancy, expensive ones, which would be pointless unless you're also getting fancy speakers and subs n shit.

Also, if you want to go the USB route, do some research and make sure that the deck will operate with your phone just the way you want it to. Sometimes that stuff just likes to not work. But it looks like both of the ones you're looking at also have AUX input, with a simple 1/8" stereo jack, so that's always an option.

the_bi99man

Well if both accept USB, then surely it will play whatever I want from my HTC. Before I go ahead and buy one of these I'd like to make sure these two are pretty good or if there are any better ones out there I will take recommendations.

Found another one to add to the list. JVC, I just need to know which one is the best one.

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts
Your thread title is amusing, calling out for a great car audio system and then looking at low-end head units with no intentions to upgrade the stock speakers. Out of those though, I'd get the Pioneer. That or an Alpine, I like those myself, but I haven't got any experience with their cheap units.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#5 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

I just recently bought this Kenwood one and price matched it on Amazon: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CD+-+Built-In+Bluetooth+-+Built-in+HD+Radio+-+In-Dash+Receiver/7501069.p?id=1218848535439&skuId=7501069&st=kenwood%20deck%20kdc%20bt755hd&cp=1&lp=5

I would get a Kenwood or Pioneer one. However, I hear about complaints with the Pioneer one being too bright at night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSZYCJBhMM

Anyways, just decide if you want Satellite radio-ready, HD radio, or other features. I hear Mixtrax is neat on Pioneer decks. The Kenwood one I have sounds spectacular & I hear that Kenwoods sound the best, but Pioneers are usually a little louder. Mine gets really loud though. Also, I love the iPod control in mine, you can press the search button and filter it to letters in the alphabet or numbers to 9. Reccomend the one I have, but I hear good reviews on the Pioneer one also. Good luck, also remember price matching or you can just order online.

plesstry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 plesstry
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
go to amazon,I'd get the Pioneer. That or an Alpine, I like those myself, but I haven't got any experience with their cheap units.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blazerdt47

Your thread title is amusing, calling out for a great car audio system and then looking at low-end head units with no intentions to upgrade the stock speakers. Out of those though, I'd get the Pioneer. That or an Alpine, I like those myself, but I haven't got any experience with their cheap units.spittis

Well in general a great car audio system, just the in dash, something to replace my old stock system.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blazerdt47

I just recently bought this Kenwood one and price matched it on Amazon: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CD+-+Built-In+Bluetooth+-+Built-in+HD+Radio+-+In-Dash+Receiver/7501069.p?id=1218848535439&skuId=7501069&st=kenwood%20deck%20kdc%20bt755hd&cp=1&lp=5

I would get a Kenwood or Pioneer one. However, I hear about complaints with the Pioneer one being too bright at night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSZYCJBhMM

Anyways, just decide if you want Satellite radio-ready, HD radio, or other features. I hear Mixtrax is neat on Pioneer decks. The Kenwood one I have sounds spectacular & I hear that Kenwoods sound the best, but Pioneers are usually a little louder. Mine gets really loud though. Also, I love the iPod control in mine, you can press the search button and filter it to letters in the alphabet or numbers to 9. Reccomend the one I have, but I hear good reviews on the Pioneer one also. Good luck, also remember price matching or you can just order online.

Jakesta7

I'll decide between the Kenwood and the Pioneer ones, though the Mixtrax looks pretty neat. The most important thing though for me is connectivity with my HTC One.