Never played a Battle Royale game, and am not yet convinced I'll like it. Any recommendations for a free one on Steam?

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

I say Steam specifically because I don't wish to download the Epic Launcher just for Fortnite. Standalone games are fine too, if people still release them that way. I'm just looking for some free experience to dip my toes into, as I'm not sure I want to shell out the cash for something like PUBG if I end up not liking the concept to begin with.

Any recommendations for a reluctant first timer?

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Either Apex Legends or CoD Warzone. I tried both, Apex seemed ok but not my kind of thing. Warzone I liked better, but I prefer plunder over BR mode, it's about collecting money and it has respawns. And you get to hear your victim's teamspeak when you kill them which can be quite entertaining. PUBG is still the best for me, it effs you a lot but then awards you with this adrenaline rush when you get to top 4 or 5 like no other game.

Edit: Neither Apex or Warzone are available on Steam, unfortunately, it's Origin and Battle.net.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Call of Duty's plunder mode is the best inbetween between regular multiplayer game modes and Battle Royale and the game has a traditional BR too. Can't speak much for Battle Royale specific games because I find them all pretty boring.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Apex Legends is my favorite BR, got cool characters, good skins, abilities.