Sonos Arc with PC gaming audio lag

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

I know this has been an ongoing problem with TV manufacturers and Sonos. Apparently the eArc on most TV's aren't processing the audio from gaming consoles and PC's fast enough, emitting an audio delay, very minimum mind you, but noticeable.

There's many people out there with Arc's that game. There has to be a solution. What say you?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I don't have syncing issues with eArc on my LG C9. Isn't eArc supposed to keep everything in sync and prevent this from happening?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2410 Posts

@theam0g said:

I know this has been an ongoing problem with TV manufacturers and Sonos. Apparently the eArc on most TV's aren't processing the audio from gaming consoles and PC's fast enough, emitting an audio delay, very minimum mind you, but noticeable.

There's many people out there with Arc's that game. There has to be a solution. What say you?

My Sony can't send Dolby TrueHD on, because it only has ARC, not eARC, so I ordered a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. I'll have the plain HDMI going to my TV and the DP-HDMI going to my receiver. Will have to set up a fake display for the DP-HDMI, since there's no way to do audio-only HDMI. You could try doing the same if you have the spare outputs on your graphics card. Or just use plain HDMI for both. But I think most graphics cards only have a single HDMI and multiple DP outputs.

shokabeln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shokabeln
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

I am sensitive to sound lag

I have a full Sonos arc for main room and I have used it with a ps5 and I did not have any noticeable lag

In my office I would use a lg c9 with primarily pc gaming and occasional ps5 gaming

I have seen that Xbox has issues with Sonos arc systems

I would love to be able to use the full Sonos Arc setup for competitive gaming like warzone or siege

Thank you