Vote: Will WoW's New Expansion Bring You Back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

Blizzard Entertainment announced their sixth expansion for World of Warcraft, called Legion. Here's a quick rundown of the key points for Legion, as provided by Blizzard:

• New continent: The Broken Isles
  • New class: Demon Hunter
  • Artifacts: customizable weapons that grow in power as you do
  • Class-specific Order Halls and followers
  • All New Dungeons and Raids
  • New World Bosses
  • Level cap raised to 110
  • Revamped PvP progression system
  • Improved transmogrification system
  • Improved social features
  • Character Boost--immediately raise one character to level 100
  • Beta starts this year--you can opt in here.

What do you think, GameSpotters? Is this new expansion enticing enough to bring you back to Azeroth, have you moved on, or are you still an active player?

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I've put more hours into WoW than any other game, but stopped playing half way through WotLK. For me it started off as a novelty being able to explore the world while interacting with other people. It ended up feeling like a monotonous grind in the end with endless updates fuelling the carrot-on-a-stick effect in search of the best gear. The traditional-MMO formula is stale for many people and I think games like Star Citizen that put a quality SP experience first are the way forward.

Nymphonomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nymphonomicon
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

I've never been a sub and only played the trial once... not sure if that counts as "never left" or "don't think so"...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Nymphonomicon said:

I've never been a sub and only played the trial once... not sure if that counts as "never left" or "don't think so"...

I don't think you can even consider yourself a WoW player, lol.....

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

These polls are cute.

Anyways, no. A decade ago, I used to be a huge fan of Blizzard. I thought they could absolutely do no wrong.

Now? I'm never giving them my money again, and I encourage everyone else to stop giving them money too. They turned from a very generous, personable PC game development company into a cash farming corporation.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

These polls are cute.

Anyways, no. A decade ago, I used to be a huge fan of Blizzard. I thought they could absolutely do no wrong.

Now? I'm never giving them my money again, and I encourage everyone else to stop giving them money too. They turned from a very generous, personable PC game development company into a cash farming corporation.

I'm sure they will miss you dearly.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

These polls are cute.

I agree they got a bit too greedy for my taste (micro-transactions everywhere), but their games are still fun.

Hearthstone is a great lightweight TCG that's fun if you don't think too much about spending money.

Heroes of the Storm I love to play and I hate playing MOBAs.

Diablo continues to always be fun for a hack n slash game (and it's improved vastly once they removed things like the AH).

SC2 is still, well, SC2

And WoW is dated now but was a great MMO in it's time

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Nick3306 said:
@KHAndAnime said:

These polls are cute.

I'm sure they will miss you dearly.

Considering I spent more than twice as much money on their products than the usual customer - they definitely will miss customers like me when everyone gets bored of WoW (which is already happening) and people get bored of their generic MOBA (which is inevitable given the saturation of the market).

Blizzard used to really be on the forefront of PC gaming, now they're in the background more than ever. It's a shame really. The only importance they have these days it they make a lot of money...which is good for them...but doesn't necessarily make them relevant. They'll just be another small footnote on a long list of developers making cheap grindy F2P games centered around microtransaction.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Most likely no I won't be going back, I have other MMO's to fix that MMO itch.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

These polls are cute.

How are they a greedy corporation above the rest? I mean take Diablo 3 for instance, that game is seeing more massive changes and patching (with new content) for free in the past 6 to 8 months than most games have had through their entire life time.. I even can't fault WoW in this because their microtransaction system does not buy power, your not at disadvantage if you decide not to purchase anything from the site.. StarCraft 2, same thing..

maitkarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 maitkarro
Member since 2004 • 1517 Posts

4th option I was never there. Well getting to lvl 20 doesn't matter anyways and doing with one char all other races and even trying to do all the alliance and horde quests too up to lvl 20 that were doable.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I never played WOW. Don't feel any urge to join in so late either. Perhaps if they had a proper sequel I'd give it a go. Unfortunately I don't have that much time to play games these days though so I'm not sure I'd get much out of an MMO.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#13 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Probably not. I have no interest in the demon hunter class at all. The content looks like a lot of it is rehashed from TBC and they really pissed me off with WoD. Unless this gets amazing reviews from both the community and media, then I"m probably done with WoW for the foreseeable future.

Samathir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Samathir
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

Not coming back. I have 178 days played on my warlock and another 164 days played on my warrior and I dont want to see wow anymore after WoD. One exp, a very bad content patch (6.1) and one content patch (6.2) and now I have to buy another exp? Thx but no thx.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@KHAndAnime said:

These polls are cute.

How are they a greedy corporation above the rest? I mean take Diablo 3 for instance, that game is seeing more massive changes and patching (with new content) for free in the past 6 to 8 months than most games have had through their entire life time.. I even can't fault WoW in this because their microtransaction system does not buy power, your not at disadvantage if you decide not to purchase anything from the site.. StarCraft 2, same thing..

Exactly, they took that game from a complete mess at launch and turned it into a deserving sequel to diablo 2(aside from the awful story that is too late to fix).

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

I will play WoW only in the event they make it completely free to play.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@KHAndAnime: Thanks.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Unless WoW goes full free-to-play, I do not intend to touch it or throw any more money at Blizzard. I stopped after my guildies and me cleared ICC there was no point for me to continue. All these changes and "revamps" came too late from Blizz for old-timers to return.

Blkthorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blkthorne
Member since 2002 • 877 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

These polls are cute.

Let me guess, they didn't bring out Warcraft 4 or make Diablo 3 the way you liked??? They have three games in the top ten usually on Twitch(Hearhtstone, WoW and StarCraft II), with two more sometimes in the top 20 or 30(HotS and Diablo 3), yup, Blizzard is on the way out. :P With so many gaming companies going out of business or look like they are fading out(Sega, Capcom and Konami), kind of nice to see a company doing well with quality games.

Grimcrotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 Grimcrotch
Member since 2014 • 105 Posts

im a banana.

bananification aside, i have 7 100s, 4 of which were so bugged in tanaan they were unplayable there as far as dailies. the bug is known to them from many reports by others and they have no fix as of when i quit. 2 of them couldnt do dailies simply due to sheer number of players; i got tired of fighting mobs of people for objectives, each daily got to taking me around an hour to finish, no time for that nonsense. and it was 24/7, there was no waiting a few hrs to try again. why they gave everyone the exact same dailies every day is completely stupid on the devs part, shows how weetodded upper mgmt got enough to fire blizz north after cata.

last 100 hit 100 leveling, then i quit. if i give it a shot at all, it will be after it has been out a long time and i can see if Holinka got fired for his garbage performance in wrecking pvp (i will never set foot in pvp again til he's fired or moved to something else), and get actual player reviews, not paid reviews by mmorpg.com or here. and it wont be cuz of the demon hunter, i have zero interest in that.

TrustyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TrustyGamer
Member since 2015 • 233 Posts

This expansion should be free to anyone who has bought WoD and is still subbed has a bit of a reward for staying with them throughout such an epic exodus of players. I won't be buying this expansion and most likely will stop my subscription after it's expiry.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

@Blkthorne said:
kind of nice to see a company doing well with quality games.

And a PC Developer at that.... (mainly)

lefon89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lefon89
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

if anyone wants to start playing wow plz contact me. i can recruit (on EU servers) and we get a nice +xp bonus

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@Samathir said:

Not coming back. I have 178 days played on my warlock and another 164 days played on my warrior and I dont want to see wow anymore after WoD. One exp, a very bad content patch (6.1) and one content patch (6.2) and now I have to buy another exp? Thx but no thx.

That's how I see it currently, small xpac with a terrible launch and badly designed garrison, one small rubbish patch and then a reasonable patch which got old fast. If you don't like a huge grind then that's half the patch ruined.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

I think I've played my share of WoW, I really liked Warlords of Dreanor but I just couldn't stay occupied with the game any longer than two months. It just didn't appeal to me anymore. Maybe it was because of the company I had in the game. I like fooling around, killing questgivers and camping corpses, my new companions did not.