Welcome Nvidia's new App control panel! Are you using it my fellow PC gamers?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

For the longest time, I had no idea how old the original Nvidia control panel really is. Can't believe it's from 2006, that's just lazy on Nvidia but hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

That said, I've always used Nvidia GeForce Experience app for years and it's been helpful in updating my drivers and never had any problems using it. While this is still in beta mode, I like to see Nvidia implement MSI Afterburner-like features as well. That way, I can OC and UV my GPU without extra programs.

Again, this is still open beta, do not download unless you prefer the old-school panel but overall, I like it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I have been using it and I like it. It pretty much replaces Geforce Experience with some NVCP features added in as well. You still definitely need NVCP, but it has some of the more common graphics settings. There are some annoying things like RTX HDR only working with a single monitor active. Nvidia already said they will be adding multi monitor support. RTX HDR does not work with every game either. The game has to have a recognized profile with Nvidia. Even if you manually add a game to the settings list, it will not allow you to enable RTX HDR. Also, if you disable the RTX HDR filter and re-enable it, the settings will be locked and you have to restart your game to tweak the settings again. Hopefully they fix annoying shit like that. Overall, this is a step in the right direction as Geforce Experience sucked and the Nvidia overlay has been improved. I look forward to seeing NVCP merging further into the app.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1052 Posts

I try not to be going into settings if I can help it. I just want to play games. Still, sometimes you have to do it. Like when Dave the Diver launched on PC, it worked fine on Steam Deck out of the box, but on a desktop you had to force vsync otherwise there was tearing. There was no in-game setting for it even though the game was PC first.

But going in that control panel feels janky. There's always some lag to changing the settings and it can be flickery just navigating the UI. That's a terrible experience and I don't know how anyone accepts that.

@BassMan: Yeah it is full of annoyances, sounds typical.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4225 Posts

I hope intel and AMD do something like that. That’s the graphical card I have.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

Thought this was for phones when I read the title and that we'd be able to change our PC settings through our phones or something.

I still think it's annoying when people call programs apps..

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I greatly dislike the GeForce Experience crap they have. If the new control panel wasn't integrated with it, I'd give it a try.