What are the best performing games that still look good?

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

So I redownloaded Hitman 2016 recently and loaded up Sapienza in 4k, and I wasn't expecting the framerate to be so high at 2160p considering the graphical fidelity. It never once dipped below 60. What other games have similar fidelity while still running like butter? I definitely haven't experienced the same from the likes of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or Dishonored 2, but I've heard those are on the unoptimized side of the spectrum.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

Half-Life 2 still looks pretty good and has always run great. The game is 14 years old and when you compare it to other games that age (2004) it really does stand out. Really hope they come out with a new Source engine, I imagine it would be phenomenal.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I'd say when it comes to the source engine, they really outdid themselves by the time Left 4 Dead 2 came along. The character models are still impressive.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Zuon said:

So I redownloaded Hitman 2016 recently and loaded up Sapienza in 4k, and I wasn't expecting the framerate to be so high at 2160p considering the graphical fidelity. It never once dipped below 60. What other games have similar fidelity while still running like butter? I definitely haven't experienced the same from the likes of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or Dishonored 2, but I've heard those are on the unoptimized side of the spectrum.

I would say most games running on the Unreal Engine since it's a great engine.

As for Dishonored 2 though, it ran flawlessly for me.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Warframe and its good too :) might also be because it receives a lot of updates tho

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@Zuon: Phantom Pain, still look good and it sure runs well

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Hellblade was gorgeous and ran really well on my 1070oc. I was under the processor recommendation, but the only time I got sub-60 FPS was during the River of Blood and that was with nearly everything maxed at 1080p. I wasn't a huge fan of the game, but I'll be damned if it didn't look and perform amazingly.

nathanh0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By nathanh0
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

@Zuon If you're into revived games, I've been playing Meridian 59 (meridian59.net). It's old school - but the client is in 3D (Ogre3D).

Since it's old-school the you can run like 10 of the windows on a 10 GB Ram PC with an OK video card. Makes it fun having a lot of accounts up :)

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Paradocs
Member since 2015 • 264 Posts

DOOM

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Destiny 2 is probably the best recent example. It looks incredible and the PC port is among the best of all time. It had multi GPU support, support for CPUs with more than 4 cores, and ultra wide support in the beta months before its release.

Avatar image for misterdeathborn
misterdeathborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 misterdeathborn
Member since 2018 • 22 Posts

As someone already suggested, I'm really surprised about Warframe's performance while it still manages to look stunning sometimes.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

doom 2016

iLLusionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iLLusionary
Member since 2017 • 49 Posts

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is stunning, and I only have to tune down a few video settings to just below ultra to maintain 1080p 60FPS on an over clocked Asus Strix 1060 6GB OC edition, an i5-7600k, and 16GB of DDR4 ram. It's kind of average in every other way though. Definitely not innovative in any way, but I enjoyed it, and it is beautiful, and preforms well.

Raging_Mortals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Raging_Mortals
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I'm addicted to a multiplayer rpg called Raging Mortals