Is you're GTA5 online character still being deleted?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

I know Rockstar are still fixing it's countless problems, but is anyone else getting this random character deletion problem. I've already had to create two characters already, i just discovered moments ago that my 2nd character has mysteriously been deleted. I've had him since the 2nd October and already did quite a bit to get him going with cash, missions and weapons. I really dislike the character creation, it was poorly made and since the 2nd october passed 4 days ago, i was really happy that my character didn't get mysteriously deleted again and i wouldn't have to go back to the awful creation thing again. I thought i was safe, specially since the update yesterday, but sadly for me, my character and what i've done has been erased. When  my friend told me his character has also been deleted a few hours ago, i went to see if mine was gone too. So i just want to know if people are still getting the same problem.

The game itself is alright, i do wish there was an option to stop players killing one another, sometimes i used to enjoy driving around with friends on GTA4 without having other players ruin you're game. But i wont be going back to GTA5 online any time soon as i find it pointless to create another character, do so much only for my character to be mysteriously deleted again.

This would also be a warning to other people as well who feel that they are safe, continue to play the game and get so far only to lose everything.

Hopefully this problem will be one of the first things to be fixed, it would really hit those who spend so much time doing everything only to lose it all 3 weeks later :/ :(

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
My character hasn't been deleted yet. As far as the killing thing, you can enable "Passive Mode" from the Interaction menu for $500 I think. As long as you don't pull out a weapon, other people can't damage you.
eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

i had a few issues like everyone else when it first came online,but after the patch ive had no problems so far.ive only created one charactor and havent lost it yet at level 7.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts
my first character was level 1 or 2 when he got deleted. My 2nd character was higher. Not sure how high, but i was playing him for roughly 5 days now. But he's been deleted :(. £500 for Passive mode :S, wow, i was hoping it be free, or on a game option like you get on GTA4 :/
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

i had a few issues like everyone else when it first came online,but after the patch ive had no problems so far.ive only created one charactor and havent lost it yet at level 7.

eagle63
Same encountered some issues but nothing significant after the update, I love it one time it said I had to create another character but I just left it and waited till the next day and It was back.
Noj_Leakim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Noj_Leakim
Member since 2004 • 459 Posts

Yep my character was just deleated. I lost my first character around LV 2 after only playing with him for like an hour but this last one hurt. I know it isnt alot compared to some people but I played with that character to LV 6 for around 3 or 4 hours and poof all gone. What kind of BS is this!? Ive played GTA Online for around 4 or 5 hours and have JACK to show for it. Just a tremendous waste of time.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#9 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I think GTA Online is pretty disgraceful to be honest. I love Rockstar, but they've tried to outdo themselves with the online and it's backfiring massively. I've lost 2 characters, and am not sitting through the same BS on a daily basis.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
passive mode costs 100 bucks...
Keegan_2634

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keegan_2634
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

a lv 21 Charcter is no more :cry:

Keegan_2634

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Keegan_2634
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

a lv 21 Charcter is no more :cry:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I'm not sure but I think people are getting it wrong when it comes this character deletion thing.  I had my character mysteriously disappear and I thought it got deleted as well until I noticed the cloud servers are down.  I waited for them to come back up and my character reappeared again.    I think only if you overwrite your old character with a new one whilst the slot is empty does it delete the old character.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

I'm not sure but I think people are getting it wrong when it comes this character deletion thing.  I had my character mysteriously disappear and I thought it got deleted as well until I noticed the cloud servers are down.  I waited for them to come back up and my character reappeared again.    I think only if you overwrite your old character with a new one whilst the slot is empty does it delete the old character.

Crossel777
Precisely, if people just waited they wouldn't overwrite their character still a major issue that needs to be fixed but you know
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I was waiting to beat the main story before jumping into online. Finally beat story last night, but looks like online still has issues. I'll wait a little longer...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Yes