Socom 4 Players!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
Its been out a couple months now, so overall what is your opinion especially from those who are long time Socom Players from 1 and 2? Other question is if you buy this game used can you get online for free or do i need to by a pass, is PRO just extra content and worth it?
Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

i've been playing socom since socom 1 and my honest opinion of socom 4 is......it sucks. socom 4 is nothing but a ripoff of call of duty and zipper didn't listen to their fans or stick to what made socom what it is so i refuse to give zipper my money

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EABGamer
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts

worst game ever.....worst online shooting game ever. Warning its Extremely different then all the others out there so if your not happy with anything else and i mean anything else then try this game i guess. MY OPINION IS ITS NOT EVEN WORTH THE SHELF SPACE IT TAKES UP THATS HOW BAD IT IS. Talking about Socom Confrontation.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
while the game is different then other socom games. i still like it, and play it from time to time. the only thing that sucks for me right now is that i need to find players that game on it constantly. what i mean is most of my buddy list either play cryiss 2, killzone or call of duty. only a few play socom and most of the time im not around when they do. so i need to make some new friends or something......but back to socom 4, the online isnt laggy which i liked, the maps arent hard to remember or get used to and the community is good. overall im happy with it. its a shame that many dont like it cuz its not like socom 2, but what more can i say
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

SOCOM 4 seems really solid online. I don't really care about comparing it to Socom 2. The PS2 online was trash to me anyways (maybe because I was used to playing the original Counterstrike and Half-Life on my PC - I'm talking the pre-Source versions). I never got into the PS2 SOCOM games, particularly online, just becuase the online infrastructure was so awful by comparison.

As far as SOCOM 4 goes, Everything runs smooth, and hit detection is actually decent (much better than Call of Duty, Battlefield,Killzone 3 anyway). It might not be perfect, but it might actually have the best hit detection and servers of any of the PS3 shooters. I plan on getting back into it soon. My only complaint would be there didn't seem to be a large number of maps, so it might get old faster than some other games...

chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
I bought it 2 days ago and I like it. I just jumped online yesterday and it seemed pretty fun but I got slaughtered, so I just went back to the campaign. It's pretty fun. Your squad commands are streamlined, but it looks like everything you could do in a Rainbow 6 campaign you can do here. Some of the end missions even have "boss fights" but it makes sense within the context of the game.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I bought it 2 days ago and I like it. I just jumped online yesterday and it seemed pretty fun but I got slaughtered, so I just went back to the campaign. It's pretty fun. Your squad commands are streamlined, but it looks like everything you could do in a Rainbow 6 campaign you can do here. Some of the end missions even have "boss fights" but it makes sense within the context of the game. chaotzu

I hated the streamlined commands in the campaign. I thought the multiplayer was fine (having not been a major "classic" SOCOM player from PS2 era). However I still had certain expectations of a tactical shooter for the campaign, they streamlined the squad commands WAYYYYY to much. It's pathetic, you really can't even call it a tactical shooter at all...

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I play Socom daily. I got the platinum throphy a couple of days after PSN was back up and running. I still get slaughtered most of the time but when I am in a good game I have got up to a 20 kill streak before getting killed. The thing is try to use all the weapons depending on which map or game type your in.
toffy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 toffy666
Member since 2003 • 123 Posts

it sucks worst game ever

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
I love it , the game is really fun.. and no TC, you don't need to buy an online pass