Sony PSVITA E3 2012 Press Conference = terrible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

The PSVITA showcase was very weak... I expected so much more!

...eh

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They didn't want to embarrass themselves.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I was shocked at the lack of Vita announcements. We already knew about YouTube, PSone Classics, Call of Duty, and pretty much everything else they brought up.

No mention of PS2 Classics on Vita. No mention of PS+ integration with Vita. No apps announced for Vita (that I can recall). No UI improvements. No, and this is most important, virtually no game announcements for a struggling system with tons of potential.

I have to say that this is the most disappointed I've been in a Sony E3 presser in several years. Don't get me wrong: Beyond and the Last of Us were jaw dropping, but the glaring lack of Vita announcements was horrible.

But hey. They sure devoted tons of time to a stupid Move/Book...thing, though.:roll:

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 digimonkey12
That Move/Book.... eh... I am speechless... eh... yeah... 5 min on PSVITA, no actual gameplay... and 15 min on Move/Book.... ehhhh yeah !! great.
svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#5 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Looks like only a price cut is going to save the Vita now. Nothing was announced for it that we didnt already know. E3 is supposed to be all about surprise, not just confirming leaks. Hope Sony can get the Vita off the ground before it dies like the PSP Go did. Mean come on if Uncharted and Resistance didnt move systems what makes them thing AC3 will when you can get the same experience on the PS3. I was expecting them to at least announce something worthwhile other than portable versions of PS3 games.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

The ps3 showing was decent but yeah the Vita showing was poor for the position the vita is in right now. I have no idea how they are going to sell the project 11million this year after that conference.

All stars vita, CoD, ACIII;Lib are all great for exciting vita owners but how are they going to get on-the-fencers to purchase the vita.

I CAN ONLY HOPE that sony is doing this so the third party Vita AAA games dont take the limelight from the first party devs.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Yeah that was weak, was hoping for so much more. CoD coming ot this year but they didn't even show any gameplay, and no gameplay of Assasins Creed either. Oh well PS One classics for Via soon so thats good!

luzer7072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 luzer7072
Member since 2003 • 2069 Posts

Did I miss something, or were there only two Vita games announced?

And is it just me, or were both of thos Vita games basically known quantities at this point?

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 digimonkey12
I honestly feel, I know more about the PSVITA than Tretton... Cmon this was Sony´s chance... so much is coming for the VITA, yet no showcase.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Did I miss something, or were there only two Vita games announced?

And is it just me, or were both of thos Vita games basically known quantities at this point?

luzer7072
Yup. Really disappointing. I've got my Vita sitting on the side of my desk and I can't wait for Gravity Rush to release...but after that I have no idea what on earth I'm going to use the goddamn thing for. edit - courtesy of NeoGaf, although at this point it's more sad than funny: 0vIux.png
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 digimonkey12

PSVITA is not dead, it was just a weak showcase. LOtS of great games coming, they should just have shown it.

Anyway I will do my part to promote the PSVITA, If sony does not know how to!

PSVITA FTW:cool:

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I honestly thought they were going to save the PSVita but I see they are too arrogant for that.

Price drop would have been nice, and some gameplay of CoD. Either it was a lack of confidence, or they are saving it for something else.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

...eh

digimonkey12
I don't see how the Vita can overcome this. I've been very optimistic about it so far, but those 3 games won't save it. The whole show was just terrible, but hey, at least the fanatic PSone classic PS Vita owners will have their need satisfied.
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 digimonkey12
[QUOTE="digimonkey12"]

...eh

danish-death
I don't see how the Vita can overcome this. I've been very optimistic about it so far, but those 3 games won't save it. The whole show was just terrible, but hey, at least the fanatic PSone classic PS Vita owners will have their need satisfied.

Keep being optimistic, cause the PSVITA is still awesome.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danish-death

I was shocked at the lack of Vita announcements. We already knew about YouTube, PSone Classics, Call of Duty, and pretty much everything else they brought up.

No mention of PS2 Classics on Vita. No mention of PS+ integration with Vita. No apps announced for Vita (that I can recall). No UI improvements. No, and this is most important, virtually no game announcements for a struggling system with tons of potential.

I have to say that this is the most disappointed I've been in a Sony E3 presser in several years. Don't get me wrong: Beyond and the Last of Us were jaw dropping, but the glaring lack of Vita announcements was horrible.

But hey. They sure devoted tons of time to a stupid Move/Book...thing, though.:roll:

nyc05
As I've said in the main E3 Sony thread, I can make a huge list of games we need a release date for. It doesn't matter that we'll get those in the following days, because Sony needed to make a huge impression at their main show. Unless MGS and GTA (both exclusives are revelead in the coming days, I'm having a hard time seeing how it'll survive in the long run. Sony is doing everything in their power to kill it. Hell, even the trailers and announcements we saw at their E3 show for the Vita were quire lackluster.
Avatar image for fireemblemgamer
fireemblemgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fireemblemgamer
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts

All I wanted was Skyrim cross platform play for VITA. Pretty sure this would get anyone who was thinking of buying one to get one. I was expecting Sony's whole show to be devoted to VITA to save it. Right now, I can't fathom buying one until they really drop in price. No new games except ACIII look interesting to me really.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#17 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
The whole show was just terrible, but hey, at least the fanatic PSone classic PS Vita owners will have their need satisfied.danish-death
I can't wait for that feature, but they didn't even have a solid date for it, did they?
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danish-death
[QUOTE="danish-death"]The whole show was just terrible, but hey, at least the fanatic PSone classic PS Vita owners will have their need satisfied.DJ_Lae
I can't wait for that feature, but they didn't even have a solid date for it, did they?

Summer, so it's near future.
Avatar image for fireemblemgamer
fireemblemgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fireemblemgamer
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts

All I wanted was Skyrim cross platform play for VITA. Pretty sure this would get anyone who was thinking of buying one to get one. I was expecting Sony's whole show to be devoted to VITA to save it. Right now, I can't fathom buying one until they really drop in price. No new games except ACIII look interesting to me really.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Lack of Vita announcements was horrible, I expected them to bring the thunder yet shoved Wonderbook in my face.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I think it's a little early to "kill" the Vita, but yeah, I expected something big at the presenatation so that you could say "this is it!", but nothing, we don't need a portable just to play ports of console games...
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Sony would have been wise to at least reduce the price of the memory cards for the PSvita. That would have helped sales. Plus only 7 PSone classics annouced. Why not have all of the ones on the Store? It is not like the playstation one games have to be rewritten to play on the Vita. Sony should have given the PSvita a bigger push at E3.

Sony should have had a price cut for those memory cards at the very least. My only compliant with the PSvita is the price of those memory cards.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I think it's a little early to "kill" the Vita, but yeah, I expected something big at the presenatation so that you could say "this is it!", but nothing, we don't need a portable just to play ports of console games...
Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

I won't call it a complete failure. Nor is this the last game show for the year.
Very, very happy about cross-play for Battle-Royal.
With that said, 1 more minute of wonderbook and I was going to shot myself.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Ok this is my guess why sony played their cards that way. I had to let the anger and disappointment clear before I analyzed the show in a non-bias fashion.

1. They wanted to focus on first party titles on the vita. Maybe third party devs didnt want to showcase their software in the shadow of Sonys Conference.

1.5. They (third party devs) are going to announce these titles within a few months so that it will make the biggest impact.

2. To save time on the conference they decided to release a presser that outs REMOTE PLAY as well as other stuff that we will hear as the press leaks it out to us.

3. Since the vita doesnt have video out, you would have to have a camera man standing over the shoulder of the presenter. That not only limits the presentation but does not properly show the graphical capabilties and gameplay. (I know you guys are going to say that anything would be fine as long as its an announcement). But this is why there was no gameplay of ACIII: LIB

4. There is probably so many things going on behind the scenes that we don't see that sony is comfortable not showing everything at once. Remember this is a western audience trade show. Anything asian related, and EU for that matter to an extent, is not relative to this show.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
there will be vita info/news/announcement in the next coming days anyways...
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts
Yea. I'm selling mine and getting a 3DS XL with Castlevania
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts
Yea. I'm selling mine and getting a 3DS XL with Castlevania
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Terrible is being generous. I think it was catastrophic.
Wirrexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wirrexx
Member since 2003 • 1738 Posts

i sat here 03.00 i n Sweden, hoping for something good. Something .. I mean, i have never been so dissappointed, pissed off, mad and furious.

This years E3 have only one game standing out that we know nothing about .. And its Watch Dogs?

We know about Last of Us and some other games.

But the only VITA GAME WE SAW WAS A ASSASSINS CREED GAME?!?!? Really? i dont even like ASSASSINS CREED.

Thank you for the *u*k*d up Teaser for Call Of duty, nothing else to show??

I'm a gamer i own every freaking console (From current gen, last gen and nearly anything Nintendo and Sony spit out). But Microsoft, Sony really made me ... OHHHH!! i want to kill something.. damn you E3, every year you do this to me.

Hopefully Nintendo Can deliver so i can ease down a bit! I can't belive im the only one this pissed off.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Ok this is my guess why sony played their cards that way. I had to let the anger and disappointment clear before I analyzed the show in a non-bias fashion.

1. They wanted to focus on first party titles on the vita. Maybe third party devs didnt want to showcase their software in the shadow of Sonys Conference.

1.5. They (third party devs) are going to announce these titles within a few months so that it will make the biggest impact.

2. To save time on the conference they decided to release a presser that outs REMOTE PLAY as well as other stuff that we will hear as the press leaks it out to us.

3. Since the vita doesnt have video out, you would have to have a camera man standing over the shoulder of the presenter. That not only limits the presentation but does not properly show the graphical capabilties and gameplay. (I know you guys are going to say that anything would be fine as long as its an announcement). But this is why there was no gameplay of ACIII: LIB

4. There is probably so many things going on behind the scenes that we don't see that sony is comfortable not showing everything at once. Remember this is a western audience trade show. Anything asian related, and EU for that matter to an extent, is not relative to this show.

damann22

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Vita went from 'must buy' to 'glad I waited'... The PSP is my most favorite system ever. But the Vita seems to be nothing more than a great piece of tech...great potential not realized. This could change with some great RPG's...suikoden, Final Fantasy (w/e it is called now after changing names), etc
Joseph881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Joseph881
Member since 2004 • 1184 Posts

damann22
If they had something to show, there was no reason not to show it. Retail Vita units may not have video out, but I'm sure the devkits and Engineer Units do. The original PSP-1001 had no video out and was able to be demoed way back, so I don't see why they would be limited now with the Vita, especially seeing as they demoed games already. :/ And time was not a problem seeing as they had 30+ minutes to give away for the WonderBook nonsense. Anyway, wether or not new news is coming out later on during the event, the fact of the matter is is that this was the big media chance to push the Vita, and they completely ignored it. This definitely hurt Vita morale.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

Eh...i still have faith for the Vita..i'll give it till spring of next year to decide if theres any hope left for this Device.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
To be honest I think the OP is over-selling Sony by even implying that there was a Vita conference :P Given that most games for handhelds are Japanese it would make sense that the bulk of them would be shown at TGS. The problem with that is it means those games probably won't hit Japan till Christmas and the west until sometime 2013. Sony has still to conclusively answer 'What are we going to play in the mean time?'. I am sure that people here could draw up a list of games to answer the question, but that is besides the point; it was Sony's responsibility to answer the question, and answer it in a big way C'mon Sony. I want to want the Vita after all has been said and done, but you simply aren't giving me the little nudge towards purchase that I want you to give.
AgentRaven77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AgentRaven77
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts

If Sony is going to get some games then they better do it or the Vita will be no more after 2013. Serlous Sony get to it.

doc_j88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 doc_j88
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
As a Vita owner....I'd have to say i'm disappointed as well. Im hoping Gravity Rush and MGS Collection holds me over. Sony keeps dropping the ball