AnaGontijo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AnaGontijo
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

Did you know that behind the scenes of Super Mario lies a world of captivating curiosities?

Join Mario, the beloved plumber with an insatiable appetite for adventure, as he embarks on a quest to rescue Princess Peach from the clutches of the nefarious Bowser. But there's more to Super Mario than meets the eye!

Curiosity #1: Ever wondered why Mario is a plumber? It turns out that Mario's creator, Shigeru Miyamoto, wanted a character with a relatable profession. Plumbing was chosen because pipes play a significant role in the game, allowing Mario to travel between worlds. From fixing leaks to saving princesses, Mario does it all!

Curiosity #2: Have you ever noticed the catchy tunes in Super Mario? The game's unforgettable soundtrack, composed by Koji Kondo, has become an iconic part of gaming history. Fun fact: The main theme, known as the "Overworld Theme," was composed with limited musical resources, resulting in its simple yet catchy melody that sticks in your head long after you've put down the controller.

Curiosity #3: Did you know that Super Mario was originally named "Jumpman"? In the early Donkey Kong arcade game, Mario was a character known simply as Jumpman. However, when the creators decided to give him his own game, they renamed him Mario, inspired by the landlord of their office building, who had a mustache similar to Mario's iconic look.

Curiosity #4: Have you ever wondered why Mario collects coins? Well, those shiny gold coins not only serve as a score booster but also have a fascinating origin. In the early days of game development, designers needed a visual representation of points. They chose coins because they symbolized value, reward, and achievement—a perfect fit for Mario's adventurous journey.

Curiosity #5: Have you ever stumbled upon secret passages and warp zones in Super Mario? These hidden gems are not mere coincidences. The game's creators strategically placed secret areas and shortcuts to reward curious players. Discovering these hidden delights adds an extra layer of excitement and satisfaction to the gameplay.

(I would love to have included images, but Gamespot says that I have to post at least 5 times before I can include images on my posts)