MOS88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MOS88
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

Alright guys im here to tell you about a game ive been playing for near on 20 years id say (on and off through various different servers) The Myth Of Soma.

It was originally launched by Game Network and ran for a few years before GN basically dropped it and it eventually got hacked and all of the server files got released. For a few years after a number of private servers were released and whilst they were fun they were very unreliable. This is what makes 'The blade of Heaven' soma server so special as its been running now for about 6 years, plus a few years on the test server.

Not only is it reliable but the guys in charge have added lots of major updates (spells, duels, quests, items etc) and they are always running lots of events, wether theyre seasonal events or just boss spawn for reward type events.

While many of the players play for the nostalgia there are also daily new starters experiencing the game for the first time and becoming hooked in one of the best character building levelling systems ive ever played on, wether you want to be a glass cannon like mage or an all out warrior, even a hard to hit knuckle user or maybe a bit of all three its completely upto you.

The PvP aspect is quite a large part of the game which sees you able to attack anyone in open world PvP at any time (within certain level differences). There is a 'Guild Village War' every 3 days where all guilds fight for control of a village which gives the holders many advantages.

Perhaps the biggest part of the game is based around the Human race vs Devil race battle that is constantly ongoing, from the weekly 'Continental Army' battles which sees the devils and humans fight for control of a map which again gives you some pretty big advantages for the holders. However the holders are not always safe as the opposing race is always free to raid the map when ever they feel like it.

Thats about it, if you ever played Soma before and fancy a flash back then its definatly worth a go, or if your keen to try a new game then youve nothing to lose, its completely free to play and youll find yourself hooked in no time.

Below is the main website and also a link to some player made videos.

Cheers.

https://myth-of-soma.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsMOt6eu9w6YFkFHSfb_Ywg/videos

fatanraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By fatanraja
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

The way it deals with topics like meaning of life, artificial intelligence or 'what it means to be', is on another level. I absolutely loved Nier: Automata, but storytelling in Soma was even better in many aspects IMO. The ending hit me hard, whole game managed to raise in me so many questions that I keep asking myself almost everyday (and I finished this game 4 months ago!). It's probably one of the best games ever created ... story wise at least https://mobdro.bio/ .

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3426 Posts

No, what? Bot confused!