Anyone excited for the Arena Football League?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chestnutz6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 chestnutz6
Member since 2006 • 1702 Posts
I think I'll be watching a lot more this year. It's pretty entertaining, high scoring. Have to get to know all the teams and players and such but I think the league will benefit a lot thanks to the ESPN coverage now. Anyone who watches it regularly have a recommendation for what team I should start likin
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts
I've got a voucher for free tickets to the Dallas Desperadoes home opener from a Madden tourney, but I have no clue when that game is... and I don't really care that much.
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
I have College basketball, then the NFL Draft, then NBA playoffs, the PGA Tour, and MLB season.....so theres no time for silly things like the AFL.
KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KaptainKorn
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
I have College basketball, then the NFL Draft, then NBA playoffs, the PGA Tour, and MLB season.....so theres no time for silly things like the AFL. jimmygrace

Agreed. With March Madness, NHL hockey, and MLB spring training, not to mention the NFL draft, there's just no place for it.
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
Doesn't even remotely interest me, not even sure why I clicked the thread :)
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
I am, the VooDoo are back and I can't wait to see if they're still good...
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
its funny watching the espn nfl guys talk about the afl, because you can tell they think its ridiculous. but it is fairly entertaining.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm excited, but sometimes the AFL can be fun. I root for all LA teams, and once in awhile will sit down and watch the Avengers play.
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
wtf? **** is censored? We can't talk about boobies? I could understand if it was the "C" word or something. Wow. Is spacing it out ok, or is that a no-no?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts
No I'm not excited. When games end with a  score of 58-56, it just makes me think the players are unbelievably bad. I rather wait until the NFL season (though painfully long away) to watch teams that actually have some sort of defense.   
Avatar image for stephenbpronovo
stephenbpronovo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 stephenbpronovo
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts
Arena Football Leauge Sucks
Spedmunds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spedmunds
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

for a big football fan like myself, i think that the AFL is on the way up, "Ironman football" is the way to play. I'm looking forward to it, i think i could work it in between Baseball games.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Yeah, I tried to get into it last year but it wasn't on TV alot. Now that they have it on ESPN i'll be able to watch it more.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts
i like the AFL, my hometown team is the tampa bay storm. i plan to check out at least one game this year, they are pretty fun.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
the AFL has done surprisingly well and lasted a long time. unlike the USFL, XFL, and other non-NFL football leagues, they realized that they can't compete with the NFL so they wait until their season is over to start.
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts
I like Arena Football..
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Renegade_Fury
I like Arena Football.. tmac200913

j/k :D
chestnutz6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chestnutz6
I've always wondered how you guys get those things in your sig. That say what teams you like an all that. how?
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
BACK TO BACK ORLANDO PREDS SEASON TIX BABY! those games are always fun. you see, its my avi too :D
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nygiants1080
No I'm not excited. When games end with a  score of 58-56, it just makes me think the players are unbelievably bad. I rather wait until the NFL season (though painfully long away) to watch teams that actually have some sort of defense.   Renegade_Fury
You know the field is only 50 yards long, and the players play both offense AND defense...right? EX: WR/LB The AFL is built around high scoring, fast paced, offensive action.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
I tune in every once in a while. At times, Arena Football can be very entertaining. :)
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I saw the Florida Frenzy last year and it was fun. Tickets were dirt cheap!
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ranger_x8b
And you know why Arena Football is a joke? I can't even watch my home team run the score! They switched games on me, so I can't watch the Desperados! Fine then, I'll watch NASCAR.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nygiants1080
And you know why Arena Football is a joke? I can't even watch my home team run the score! They switched games on me, so I can't watch the Desperados! Fine then, I'll watch NASCAR.Ranger_x8b
Another reason they did that is because they don't have a huge fan base like the NFL so they want people to stay interested. People who arn't fans of the Depserados wouldn't stay interested and tune out. But when you switch it to a close game they will watch it and become more interested.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Renegade_Fury
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]No I'm not excited. When games end with a score of 58-56, it just makes me think the players are unbelievably bad. I rather wait until the NFL season (though painfully long away) to watch teams that actually have some sort of defense. nygiants1080
You know the field is only 50 yards long, and the players play both offense AND defense...right? EX: WR/LB The AFL is built around high scoring, fast paced, offensive action.

Yeah I know that, and that's the reason why I hate the AFL. You should have players that specialize in specific positions, so that they actually can focus on one thing and improve in that area rather than having them take on a multitude of tasks. Also 50 yards is just way too short, and just turns the games into shootouts every time. They shouldn't even bother having FG kickers since it's so easy to score.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nygiants1080
Yeah I know that, and that's the reason why I hate the AFL. You should have players that specialize in specific positions, so that they actually can focus on one thing and improve in that area rather than having them take on a multitude of tasks. Also 50 yards is just way too short, and just turns the games into shootouts every time. They shouldn't even bother having FG kickers since it's so easy to score.Renegade_Fury
I understand where you are coming from and what you are saying but the reason the AFL is appealing is because it isn't a copy cat to the NFL. It is unique and truly an iron man football league. They built the AFL to be a high scoring, shoot out, passing explosion game. The reason the AFL isn't like the NFL is because it creates its own feel, speed and action. Defensive wins championships in the NFL. Offense wins championships in the AFL.
chestnutz6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chestnutz6
I was watchin that dallas game today. Just embarassing! I hate dallas sports and always have and I live in the state of new york so that was justbad. In the AFL its bad if you dont score on one drive, but a whole 3 quarters?! I didnt see the final score but I'm guessing it was a shut out
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
Personally I wish ESPN was trying to force feed Rugby to NFL fans instead of the AFL, I've seen some Arena Football and I don't think I'm gonna be following it much. It's kind of ridiculous, even if it is still essentially the same sport. Better than the XFL at least.
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ranger_x8b
Personally I wish ESPN was trying to force feed Rugby to NFL fans instead of the AFL, I've seen some Arena Football and I don't think I'm gonna be following it much. It's kind of ridiculous, even if it is still essentially the same sport. Better than the XFL at least.viberooni

Hell, I'd rather see the AFL (Aussie Rules) than the AFL (Arena Football).
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
I went to a Dragons game once. Boring as hell. I'd rather go to a Mets game than another Dragons game.