MLB 2k7 vs. MLB07:The Show

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wenzke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 wenzke
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts

I am looking for some educated opinions.  I have been jonesing for a baseball game since 2004 (ESPN MLB 2k5 and MVP, what a great year!).

I have both a PS3 and a 360, so what I am trying to figure out is, MLB2k7 or MLB07:The Show.  (It seems pretty obvious that "The Show" will be better than 2k7 on PS3 since both GS and IGN have raged about the framerates).

I haven't played Sony's baseball games in several years, but the reputation is outstanding.  So I am in a pickle, as this year I really don't have time for two baseball games.

So, without bashing the systems, any educated opinions on 2K7 (360) or The Show (PS3)? 

PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
I have both systems, like my 360 more than the PS3, but I had to get the PS3 cause I MUST own MLB The Show 07. They could simply re-package MLB The Show 06 with touched up graphic and it would slaughter the laughable gameplay of 2K7. Now hurry and delete your topic before the mad rush of lemmings.
haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts
My Pick: MLB07:The Show
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
i would rather pick a game that i played already then a game that hasnt even come out yet This is like saying what games better. Mlb 2K7 improved a lot in every aspect. MLB 07 looks like trash on the PS3 but graphics dont make gameplay. I would pick Mvp 07 if there was one because i dont like the gameplay in 06 so it owuld most likly be the same in 07. Just rent both games to make your judgement Halo 2 or Killzone(before its released)
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PuddleMonkey
I was sorta on the fence about buying both. 2K7 I could play now while I wait for The Show 07, but I know once The Show comes out my 2K7 will just collect dust. Money isn't an issue, I have about 60 PSP games I've yet to even play. But I think I found the deciding factor... I will not give 2K7 any more of my money until they stop putting damn Yankees on the cover. Its been what 3-4 years straight now? ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! They haven't won a world series in what, 7 years? And people claim GameSpot is bias, lol.
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
I was sorta on the fence about buying both. 2K7 I could play now while I wait for The Show 07, but I know once The Show comes out my 2K7 will just collect dust. Money isn't an issue, I have about 60 PSP games I've yet to even play. But I think I found the deciding factor... I will not give 2K7 any more of my money until they stop putting damn Yankees on the cover. Its been what 3-4 years straight now? ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! They haven't won a world series in what, 7 years? And people claim GameSpot is bias, lol. PuddleMonkey
send a letter to 2K with tears because you do cry a lot
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PuddleMonkey
[QUOTE="PuddleMonkey"]I was sorta on the fence about buying both. 2K7 I could play now while I wait for The Show 07, but I know once The Show comes out my 2K7 will just collect dust. Money isn't an issue, I have about 60 PSP games I've yet to even play. But I think I found the deciding factor... I will not give 2K7 any more of my money until they stop putting damn Yankees on the cover. Its been what 3-4 years straight now? ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! They haven't won a world series in what, 7 years? And people claim GameSpot is bias, lol. XxMa5icarxX
send a letter to 2K with tears because you do cry a lot

GET OFF OF MY INTERNET!!!!
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
MLB 07:The Show..... Hands down!!!!!!  I never liked baseball before MLB 06: The Show.  Now I enjoy playing it!