A sincere plea in favor of the Xbox Series S! I'm not in love, It's just a silly phase I'm going through :o

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

Video is set to start at 24:58 for the short version.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39707 Posts

6/10

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

What on Earth am I watching?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

She doesn't seem to know that to thrive in this industry you must conform, you can't have opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Delish!

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

who the f is that

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

I think that the Series S is an interesting approach to bringing out a budget console. Not going to get one myself as I’d rather have the Series X especially for being able to use games from a physical format but I am curious to seeing how it fares.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56410 Posts

She has nice hips😍😍😍

Edit: I will say the Xbox Series S isn't the worst console by MS and let's remember this is a budget next-gen console just for the kids and aren't the 4K/1440p target. All they wanna do is play the games, that's it. This isn't for the Enthusiast gamers mind you. I do like the design as a speaker box but MS probably knew it be cute to do lol.

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KazHirai
Member since 2019 • 433 Posts

Yeah I agree with her, there's nothing wrong with the system whatsoever. It's a nice alternative depending on what you're interested in or your budget.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xplode_games

@Archangel3371 said:

I think that the Series S is an interesting approach to bringing out a budget console. Not going to get one myself as I’d rather have the Series X especially for being able to use games from a physical format but I am curious to seeing how it fares.

People on an extreme budget, those buying a second xbox series console, PS5 owners who want to be manticores because of game pass or new MS first party such as Zenimax games or any reason will find the Series S very attractive.

Another point I would like to make is that not every Xbox owner picked up an Xbox One X. For anyone who didn't buy a One X, the Series S will be a monumental, just huge upgrade. Or even anyone who didn't buy a mid gen refresh console last gen will see a massive improvement with the Series S.

For a lot of situations it's a really great console and it's a choice, options are good I think.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xplode_games

@kazhirai said:

Yeah I agree with her, there's nothing wrong with the system whatsoever. It's a nice alternative depending on what you're interested in or your budget.

Definitely

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

@Xplode_games: Agreed. I see it’s value as an option for all the reasons you’ve listed above.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xplode_games

@davillain- said:

She has nice hips😍😍😍

Edit: I will say the Xbox Series S isn't the worst console by MS and let's remember this is a budget next-gen console just for the kids and aren't the 4K/1440p target. All they wanna do is play the games, that's it. This isn't for the Enthusiast gamers mind you. I do like the design as a speaker box but MS probably knew it be cute to do lol.

I think she makes a great point about that in her review. She points out that the console would be super plain if it was all white. The contrasting with the black just makes it more interesting she says. To me the speaker thing is funny and not a big deal but I think she made a good point.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

How does she have 74k subscribers but still only has, from what it sounds like, a cellphone microphone? Lol Someone get her at least a blue yeti or something, sheesh.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@davillain- said:

She has nice hips😍😍😍

Bit cringey mate. :-P

Anyway, why kids. The casual market is pretty big, I imagine more people than you think could be into this.

If you're just into playing casually or sports games. Why get a £450 console. The Series S plus Gamepass Ultimate (with EA and Gold) is very attractive.

Isn't the enthusiast market on the PC smaller than the mainstream market? Pretty sure I heard that the GTX 1060 was the more popular choice.

I just think that people are only looking at this through their own point of view and not appreciating something that isn't designed for them, could be a really good thing.

On a side note, the fact MS is releasing this, could indicate we won't see a price drop with the Series X for quite some time and they are aware that £450 is not attractive at all to the mainstream.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56410 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davillain- said:

She has nice hips😍😍😍

Anyway, why kids. The casual market is pretty big, I imagine more people than you think could be into this.

If you're just into playing casually or sports games. Why get a £450 console. The Series S plus Gamepass Ultimate (with EA and Gold) is very attractive.

Isn't the enthusiast market on the PC smaller than the mainstream market? Pretty sure I heard that the GTX 1060 was the more popular choice.

I just think that people are only looking at this through their own point of view and not appreciating something that isn't designed for them, could be a really good thing.

On a side note, the fact MS is releasing this, could indicate we won't see a price drop with the Series X for quite some time and they are aware that £450 is not attractive at all to the mainstream.

I know, I couldn't help when I see a cool girl, I go ga-ga XD

All jest aside, I do agree the casual market has gotten so big over the years, I'm sure we have more kids playing basic games on a 1080p TV. If one does know his/her knowledge of console spec-wise, they would go for Xbox Series X instead of S is how I see it. Game Pass does help this if one goes for XSS over X.

On the PC side, the GTX 1060 is still a nice GPU but that's for basic gaming on a 1080p monitor and not all PC gamers created equal. All in all, XSS is a nice bonus next-gen console that's on a budget side and the fact Covid-19 strike on the economy, it will help for those who can't pay above $500 and making parents easier to buy for the kids/early teens...I think🤔

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#19 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17910 Posts

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Good idea for someone who one to spend as little as possible to play next hen games, but the design can be better. While I like the look with the X, the S keep reminding me a window fan with the circle.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xplode_games

@davillain- said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davillain- said:

She has nice hips😍😍😍

All jest aside, I do agree the casual market has gotten so big over the years, I'm sure we have more kids playing basic games on a 1080p TV. If one does know his/her knowledge of console spec-wise, they would go for Xbox Series X instead of S is how I see it. Game Pass does help this if one goes for XSS over X.

On the PC side, the GTX 1060 is still a nice GPU but that's for basic gaming on a 1080p monitor and not all PC gamers created equal. All in all, XSS is a nice bonus next-gen console that's on a budget side and the fact Covid-19 strike on the economy, it will help for those who can't pay above $500 and making parents easier to buy for the kids/early teens...I think🤔

I agree and I will add some perspective to that. Isn't it true that no one on this board last gen complained about the base consoles as compared to the mid gen refresh consoles? Now all of a sudden, everyone who doesn't spend $500 on a console is an idiot? What's the alternative if you don't want to spend $500, last gen consoles? The Xbox Series S has more performance than the GTX 1060 by far and it has hardware ray tracing, 8 core 16 thread good CPU, and a 512 SSD.

Last gen were those idiots who were buying anything other than the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X? Isn't it true that most sales went to the standard PS4/Xbox One S even though the Pro and X were vastly superior?

If you're an idiot for buying an Xbox Series S, then you should throw yourself in the garbage if you even think of buying a last gen console at this point forward.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BassMan

@Xplode_games said:
@davillain- said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davillain- said:

She has nice hips😍😍😍

I agree and I will add some perspective to that. Isn't it true that no one on this board last gen complained about the base consoles as compared to the mid gen refresh consoles? Now all of a sudden, everyone who doesn't spend $500 on a console is an idiot? What's the alternative if you don't want to spend $500, last gen consoles? The Xbox Series S has more performance than the GTX 1060 by far and it has hardware ray tracing, 8 core 16 thread good CPU, and a 512 SSD.

Last gen were those idiots who were buying anything other than the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X? Isn't it true that most sales went to the standard PS4/Xbox One S even though the Pro and X were vastly superior?

If you're an idiot for buying an Xbox Series S, then you should throw yourself in the garbage if you even think of buying a last gen console at this point forward.

Well, I complained about all the consoles this gen because they were all shit. The mid-gen consoles were only slightly less shit. Next-gen I am only going to shit on XSS because it is the only one that is shit. Xbox Series Shit. LOL

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HalcyonScarlet
@davillain- said:

In my experience, a lot of the people I speak to that aren't as nerdy as me, couldn't give much of a toss about specs, they just want to play. But that's anecdotal.

Yeah, it's the whole package that makes it attractive. Without Gamepass, I think I'd pass on it. A digital only console imo needs a robust digital service to back it up.

When I mentioned the GTX 1060, I meant back in the day when it came out. That said, I do still use that myself.

@Xplode_games said:

That's why I'm getting it. Imo it's a lot of value for the money and it would save me having to upgrade my PC for sometime. 8/16 CPU isn't cheap, I think a decent long lasting CPU would cost £180 on it's own. But I'm Kinda happy with my i7 3770 right now for the non next gen gaming stuff. It can handle current games and all my other needs, don't feel to upgrade,

Also, at £250, not only is it really quite powerful, it cost the same amount or less than a base PS4 or Xbox One right now.

It's ridiculous that console gamers keep mocking choice and things that aren't even aimed at them. The PC is all about choice. I wouldn't dream of mocking someone for gaming on a GTX 1050 Ti for example. Just want to point out, I keep going back to the GTX 1000 series card, because it's the last time I was really new graphics cards.

I'm pretty sure that most people interested in the Series S including myself have zero interest in spending £450 on a PS5 or Xbox Series X. It's not even that I can't afford it, I can, I just don't want it. If I have £450, I wouldn't spend it on a console, I'd put that toward a PC upgrade which would benefit everything I do, not just gaming. I personally don't like spending over £300 on a console. This reminds me of the days when consoles were cheaper at launch like with the N64 or maybe even the Original Xbox, I can't remember.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HalcyonScarlet

@BassMan said:

Well, I complained about all the consoles this gen because they were all shit. The mid-gen consoles were only slightly less shit. Next-gen I am only going to shit on XSS because it is the only one that is shit. Xbox Series Shit. LOL

But isn't it all perspective? You find the Series S a waste. But that's how I feel about the Series X and PS5... If you're gonna spend that much money, just upgrade the PC.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BassMan

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@BassMan said:

But isn't it all perspective? You find the Series S a waste. But that's how I feel about the Series X and PS5... If you're gonna spend that much money, just upgrade the PC.

Exactly, just upgrade the PC. Forget about the consoles, especially if a console is not offering exclusives that you can't get on PC.

From my perspective.... someone will be interested in the XSS for two main reasons:

1. They are poor and can't afford better or what they truly want.

2. They don't care about quality and are fine with the basic bitch experience.

XSS has nothing going for it other than its $299 price. Even then, the compromises that were made to achieve that price make it a shit product.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70408 Posts

@BassMan said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@BassMan said:

Exactly, just upgrade the PC. Forget about the consoles, especially if a console is not offering exclusives that you can't get on PC.

From my perspective.... someone will be interested in the XSS for two main reasons:

1. They are poor and can't afford better or what they truly want.

2. They don't care about quality and are fine with the basic bitch experience.

XSS has nothing going for it other than its $299 price. Even then, the compromises that were made to achieve that price make it a shit product.

You still

😂
😂

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Why do posters on here keep saying you only have 2 choices, a $300 console or a $500 console? What about the $400 PS5, which also doesnt have a disc drive just like the series S? No point in comparing series S to the PS5 with disc drive. Will OP and others reconsider their view of this console as "worth the money" if MS releases a series X without disc drive for $400? Seeing as how several(well at least 2 so far that come to mind, there will be more) can't play at native 1080p, are gamers trying to upgrade from a X1S going to be ok with 720p-900p on certain games? There's definitely pros to the system like the CPU allows for 60fps on most games and the faster loading from the SSD. But playing BC games on this console, which will play X1S version kinda sucks. This would have been a nice upgrade from X1S in 2016 or 2017. The GPU just isn't enough of an upgrade for future proofing with next gen games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BassMan

@Pedro: Get back on the Stadia bus...