CDPR: We're so sorry for Cyberpunk 2077! (Yeah right)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56336 Posts

I like how in their apology they still subtly shit talk last-gen consoles that it won't look good like on PC or Stadia. Few things would have prevented this:

• Should have delay it till next year 2021 the first time around. (Covid-19 doesn't count in all of this)
  • Blocking console reviewers is unacceptable! Be honest.
  • Overhyping the game was a big mistake on CDPR part.

All in all, I'm far more likely to forgive someone who apologizes than someone who doesn't. That said, CP2077 has met my expectations on PC and I run into few errors but that's about it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70196 Posts

It makes 343 Industries decision to delay Halo: Infinite by a year look golden.

The issue with this apology is that its disingenuous. They have hid the issues with the PS4 and Xbox One versions. I would go as far as saying, they weren't actively developing the game for these systems. I would not be surprised to find out that they were developing for the PC and thought they can simply rush the port to the PS4/Xbox One. Thus, the absence of console footage for so many years.

What is even more amazing is the freaking fanboys. This "its going to be fixed like The Witcher 3, stop bitching just wait a month or two.", sentiment is why this shit is allowed in gaming. Games are expected to have glitches. Its the nature of the beast but the state this game released in, should not be acceptable by anyone's standards.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34731 Posts

So they apologize for hiding the last gen console versions and have no excuse for doing that, and the game will be somewhat finished in February. Cool.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

You know shit's bad when fucking Elon Musk is speaking up about this.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34731 Posts

@jaydan: Why does Elon freaking Musk play on a pleb box?

"Been waiting for 8 years". To play a game on shit hardware when being filthy rich. Weirdness.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

This could have been really bad if MS bought CDPR about 6 months ago. ;o

Though it could have been really good for SW. lol :P

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Timely, for I've been waiting all this time for the Glitch Queen to finally render her verdict, and now she has:

Loading Video...

On Twitter, she said she got like a hundred more of these that didn't make it into the video. And then after she published the video, she got another one where this guy got his head chopped off then stood right back up.

So yeah, the apology is well warranted and appreciated, but I think CDPR got their work cut out for them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro: Witcher 3 on release wasn't bad than it is now for CP2077. CDPR just underestimate themselves by working multiple versions from last-gen consoles to PC. That's not easy to do.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jaydan  Online

@Litchie: I think he, a very powerful figure that can squash a company like CD Projekt if he wanted to, is standing up in defense for plebs.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pedro

@madrocketeer: Time 1:45 is freaking hilarious.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11697 Posts

Crying over a video game?

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

What a shitshow. Good thing I never bought into the hype and I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. Bugs are hilarious and frustrating sometimes tho.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pedro

@fedor said:

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45391 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Timely, for I've been waiting all this time for the Glitch Queen to finally rendered her verdict, and now she has:

Loading Video...

On Twitter, she said she got like a hundred more of these that didn't make it into the video. And then after she published the video, she got another one where this guy got his head chopped off then stood right back up.

So yeah, the apology is well warranted and appreciated, but I think CDPR got their work cut out for them.

Wow, this reminds me of Fallout 3/Skyrim back in the day. I didn't see the video yet, but that's what I immediately thought of.

If I was your average gamer who was hyped for this game, I'd be pissed. An apology would not help. Especially the way they handled the pre-release hype.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

LOL sure Piedro. 343 delayed because literally the whole world laughed in their faces after that “demo” the devs poured their blood sweat and tears into. They were forced into delaying it only because of the reaction backlash they got. Nobody in there team at any point said, hey you know what this game is looking like ass - lets make it better. Even MS thought it was fine.

@Pedro said:

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jaydan  Online

@fedor said:

It's more about holding a company accountable for clearly taking advantage of the consumer base they're trying to appeal to.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@phlop_spencer said:

LOL sure Piedro. 343 delayed because literally the whole world laughed in their faces after that “demo” the devs poured their blood sweat and tears into. They were forced into delaying it only because of the reaction backlash they got. Nobody in there team at any point said, hey you know what this game is looking like ass - lets make it better. Even MS thought it was fine.

@Pedro said:

Even though my comment wasn't meant as bait, it still was able to snag this one. 😂 Thank you for this award. It reflects my exceptional ability to trigger Sony fannies even when I am not trying.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fedor

@jaydan said:
@fedor said:

It's more about holding a company accountable for clearly taking advantage of the consumer base they're trying to appeal to.

I'm referring to the content of the post (the Elon one), this man claims he thought about this game everyday for years, is now crying profusely, and can't function in real life. That's actually pathetic and whoever that is needs to find a new hobby.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44447 Posts

Sorry but I don’t believe you CDPR, that’s a load of premium BS there. They knew exactly what they had there with which they actively and willfully covered up as much as they could. They are getting lambasted and rightfully so.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@fedor said:

I'm referring to the content of the post (the Elon one), this man claims he thought about this game everyday for years, is now crying profusely, and can't function in real life. That's actually pathetic and whoever that is needs to find a new hobby.

It is but it most likely a joke. However, I did see or heard of grown men(probably a few women) crying for reveal of a Zelda game in the past. 😂

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

Console gamers con'd again, fitting

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fedor

@Pedro said:
@fedor said:

It is but it most likely a joke. However, I did see or heard of grown men(probably a few women) crying for reveal of a Zelda game in the past. 😂

Oh, I've seen those vids.

Loading Video...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jaydan  Online

@fedor said:
@jaydan said:
@fedor said:

Take a look at the context of Elon Musk's post and you'll see he posted a screencap of a post he most likely read from someone else post. Common sense: Musk is too busy running Tesla and SpaceX to be crying over a video game, but he will voice his support for those more directly affected it.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fedor

@jaydan said:
@fedor said:
@jaydan said:
@fedor said:

Take a look at the context of Elon Musk's post and you'll see he posted a screencap of a post he most likely read from someone else post. Common sense: Musk is too busy running Tesla and SpaceX to be crying over a video game, but he will voice his support for those more directly affected by this outcry.

I'm aware it wasn't Elon that wrote it. As Pedro pointed out though it's most likely just pasta and Elon is memeing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59260 Posts

@fedor said:

Oh, I've seen those vids.

Loading Video...

Reaction videos are an easy monetization method for people who have no discernible talent or skill.

If Youtube banned them many would be living in cardboard boxes, most likely prostituting their bodies.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jaydan  Online

@fedor said:
@jaydan said:
@fedor said:
@jaydan said:

Take a look at the context of Elon Musk's post and you'll see he posted a screencap of a post he most likely read from someone else post. Common sense: Musk is too busy running Tesla and SpaceX to be crying over a video game, but he will voice his support for those more directly affected by this outcry.

I'm aware it wasn't Elon that wrote it. As Pedro pointed out though it's most likely just pasta and Elon is memeing.

He's also a bit of a gamer, maybe not as much as he'd like to these days, but I've seen him nerding out over games like Deus Ex in interviews before. Perhaps he was genuinely interested in Cyberpunk as well and he is equally let down just as everyone else. It just goes to show how bad CD Projekt fucked up, even Elon Musk is disappointed.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jaydan  Online

@Pedro said:
@fedor said:

That just does not fit Musk's character though. He's never put himself out like he's some rich douchebag taking in any opportunity to pounce on the little people - quite the contrary, actually.

He is quite literally standing up for gamer's is what he's doing.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@uninspiredcup: That's exactly what it is, reactions for views for money which only makes it look that much more fake. Nothing wrong in genuinely being overly excited over such announcements but these people are just doing it for the attention.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

If it wasn't capable on those consoles then why develop it for them in the first place?...

This should have been cancelled on current gen consoles and released Jan 2021 on PC/PS5/XSX-XSS.

All the time they spent making it work on POS 2013 hardware could have been used on actually optimizing the game for hardware its targeted to run on.

Seems like they wanted to have their cake and eat it, I have lost almost all respect for them as a developer... Releasing a game in this state?... Even on PC its a disaster.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator

I wonder what Jim Sterling thinks of this?

@Archangel3371 said:

Sorry but I don’t believe you CDPR, that’s a load of premium BS there. They knew exactly what they had there with which they actively and willfully covered up as much as they could. They are getting lambasted and rightfully so.

CDPR has a lot to answer for. Withholding last-gen console reviews is unacceptable. They really should have just went with next-gen over last-gen consoles.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@jaydan said:

You know shit's bad when fucking Elon Musk is speaking up about this.

lol, you'd think Elon Mush would have the pull and funds to get a next gen console if he wanted one.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17864 Posts

i would hope this is a good warning shot to devs in the future. just because you can technically release a game in a terrible state and fix it later doesnt mean you should.

games are not like business software where you constantly go back and look for feedback and make changes to solve some business requirement (stupid agile....grrrr). they are toys. they are there to entertain. they need to be right on day one as much as humanely possible. people dont want to give feedback and play the same game again 6+ months from now to see if it works. they move on. coming in with fixes months after release is a bit useless; especially for a SP game.

i do wonder if CDPR picked up the wrong lesson from witcher 1.

in saying that...the game has made bank so what's the real lesson here? yes....you can probably get away with it :(.

Omnishambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Omnishambles
Member since 2020 • 8 Posts

Even on PC the ncps and computer AI can be glitchy as hell. The pandemic was the perfect excuse to delay and iron out these issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'm loving the game but hate the BS that they pulled.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44447 Posts

@davillain-: Watching Jim Sterling’s video on this, it’s more about the discourse of some fanboys attacking reviewers and others over any criticism of their favourite games that they haven’t even played yet. 😅

As usual he’s absolutely spot on. 👍

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59260 Posts

At least crippled by VR tech demo Alyx was good.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jaydan  Online

An important message from CD Projekt:

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

If the share price has jumped then they are not sorry.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

If it wasn't capable on those consoles then why develop it for them in the first place?...

This should have been cancelled on current gen consoles and released Jan 2021 on PC/PS5/XSX-XSS.

All the time they spent making it work on POS 2013 hardware could have been used on actually optimizing the game for hardware its targeted to run on.

Seems like they wanted to have their cake and eat it, I have lost almost all respect for them as a developer... Releasing a game in this state?... Even on PC its a disaster.

I think IIRC CP2077 was announced as a PC exclusive with no words on further platforms. I mean it was a given that it will be multiplat after Witcher 3 but just putting this out. Though that doesn't really change what has happened. By the time they started developing it, I'm sure exclusivity wasn't on the cards.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50639 Posts

@jaydan: First thing I thought of haha

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

They pretend to care about customers but they only released it to make their investors happy could have at least delayed it for ps4 and Xbox

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaVillain  Moderator

@jaydan: I knew someone would get the reference lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44649 Posts

I am thinking of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters intro with the metal opening sequence with the singing concessions, and they sing "if you don't like it walk out, we still have all your fucking money... your money is now our money and we'll spend it on drugs". Mmm-hmm, they're sorry all right.

Ugh, an apology. Curious, why wouldn't something like this constitute an SEC violation for making false misleading statements or its equivalent in another country? Is that only for publicly traded companies? Is CDPR one or owned by one? Because I remember reading it said stock price tumbled as result of the last delay. I mean fines are big, and people go to jail for that.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9417 Posts

They are sorry it was an issue :)

Probably not sorry they released it in that state on the old consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I do agree that reviews shouldn't have been blocked, and I think it would have been a better move to delay last gen and just release on PC and current gen consoles, but I also don't entirely blame CDPR. The developer got death threats to them and their families for the last delay, so they shouldn't have given a release date so early, but hindsight is 20/20.

The hype was also so big for this game that there's no way they could have met the lofty expectations people had for it. I think alot of people set it up as the 2nd coming of gaming years before it released. I do think CDPR dropped the ball on the launch, but when when a vocal minority of your consumer base acts like Veruca Salt, I see it as a rock and a hard place scenario.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@davillain- said:

I like how in their apology they still subtly shit talk last-gen consoles that it won't look good like on PC or Stadia. Few things would have prevented this:

• Should have delay it till next year 2021 the first time around. (Covid-19 doesn't count in all of this)
  • Blocking console reviewers is unacceptable! Be honest.
  • Overhyping the game was a big mistake on CDPR part.

All in all, I'm far more likely to forgive someone who apologizes than someone who doesn't. That said, CP2077 has met my expectations on PC and I run into few errors but that's about it.

I noticed that. It was like calling last gen consoles shitty under their breath. I hate that kind of stuff and hate is a strong word but I hate it with a passion. It's so disrespectful to everyone that was looking to play it on a PS4 or XBO because they're still good consoles. They just did a shitty job coding and tried to shift the blame but if GTAV can look as AMAZING as it does on last gen consoles as huge as that game is, there's no excuse.