SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45323 Posts

I like to play competitive games with old friends. It’s funny when we get competitive just the way we did back then. I also like to revisit some of my favorite games like MGS and Bayonetta, but I don’t have any set time for them. Collecting certain gaming memorabilia is starting to become a tradition of mine.

How about you, SW? Do you have any gaming traditions?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

Dragon ball z burt limit tournaments, burst limit was obscure fighting game that a group of my friends and I were extremely competitive about in high school. About twice a year we throw down. Love the teleporting in that game.

Team yamcha

Wolf fang fist baby!!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39409 Posts

Yes. My controller gets controller drift and i have to repair it for the 100th time. Its my tradition.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16023 Posts

I play like I have ADD. Let me explain: Half-Life 2 had in-game cutscenes. When they would happen, I would throw books on the floor, stare at Alyx's butt, jump around the room and generally act like I had ADD. I do the same thing today. I jump all over the place and run around like a lunatic during times where I'm confined to a room or something like that. It's boring to just stand there and listen to dialogue, so I like to keep myself busy.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@girlusocrazy said:

Bloodborne Return to Yharnam whenever that comes up. Also Bloodborne when it doesn't come up. Begging for a Bluepoint remake and PS4 Pro update and PS5 HD version and PC version and sequel. #jimmiemybloodborne

Bruh you're more obsessed with BB than i with Fromsoft. wtf.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3092 Posts

Generally we have CE LANs around memorial day and labor day, with some random dates filling out the rest of the year. Nothing like every Sunday for years. That was our church.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

I like to smoke cannabis whenever possible before I game.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Dokapon Kingdom with my friends where we play with house rules that impact things outside of the game.

Like we only play with a single controller and if you pass the controller before ending your turn whoever gets the controller can literally do whatever they want as they now have control over the remainder of your turn.

If you lose a battle and have your name changed then you must be referred to by that name outside of the game and you will respond. If you lose a battle and have someone draw on your face it also happens to your actual person outside of the game.

The whole time we are smoking weed, drinking, and having a grand ol' time messing with one another in a game that can last literal weeks if we want it to. As the game progresses and new events happen new rules are introduced some of which are made up on the spot by hitting certain goals like becoming the Cursed One and trading all your progress for the ability to mess with other players grants you the ability to implement a new rule of your choosing.

Ultimately the whole thing becomes like a virtual game of Calvin Ball meets Char-Dee McDennis: The Game of Games where the goal isn't so much to play the game but rather find creative ways to **** your friends.

We also do the same thing with Fortune Street but that gets even crazier with the ability to buy stocks in other players' properties and manipulate the market value of everything without owning anything worth a damn.

Outside of all that when a game is coming out that I really wanna play at release I take a few days off work, get a bunch of joints, and spend my days high as hell enjoying the game to the utmost without having shit to accomplish but take a nap whenever I feel like it.

I also start a new game of Morrowind around Christmas every year cause it just feels like a Christmas type of game to me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@DEVILinIRON said:

What's your K/D🤢

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

No traditions. Just one superstition: I have an aversion to using the letter V in any usernames or nicks. It's extremely bad luck. That's not exclusive to gaming though, so not really.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10503 Posts

for games i really like i tend to set my own in game challenges. anything less than a perfect run and i restart the whole thing. it's not necessarily a healthy tradition lol. kill everyone in dishonored without any bodies found or me being discovered even once, finish demon's souls without ever dying (by an enemy, suicide ok) etc.

@dracula_16 said:

I play like I have ADD. Let me explain: Half-Life 2 had in-game cutscenes. When they would happen, I would throw books on the floor, stare at Alyx's butt, jump around the room and generally act like I had ADD. I do the same thing today. I jump all over the place and run around like a lunatic during times where I'm confined to a room or something like that. It's boring to just stand there and listen to dialogue, so I like to keep myself busy.

in hl2 cut scenes i used to crouch in front of alyx's crotch to pass the time. as a freeman always felt i could do what i want. her or her dad eli never seemed to mind 🤷‍♂️

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

Thought everyone did.

@hardwenzen said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

What's your K/D🤢

I always play Hunt stoned. It's amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I guess a tradition I've done over the years when Winter comes I like to play games with a snowy setting it makes the games feel more immersive and it's kinda of comforting.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Way, way back in the day when dinos still roomed the globe lol After buying a new game I would read the instruction booklet from front to back before playing the first minute of the game. :P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

For a long gaming session can't beat a can of monster.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6050 Posts

Gaming traditions that's a good question.

Don't go to bed on a loss if playing multiplayer games.

Wonder why I'm tired all the time :)

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8445 Posts

I usually take my pants off when I know I'm about to do a deep dive into gaming.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

Lol that’s a good one. Hate ending my game on a loss!

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

I never wait too long between playing zombie games. Those zombies must be killed at regular intervals, cos I can't get enough of zombie splatter.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

Buying an Xbox every gen is my tradition, but ms has screwed up so baldly that it isn't happening anymore.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9582 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Lol that’s a good one. Hate ending my game on a loss!

Yeah, I do that too. Always have to play one more to go out on a W.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#23 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Used to have really fun lan parties back in the day with siblings and friends, but now that we're all into our 30s/40s with kids, it's challenging to find the time and coordinate for any get togethers. It was hard enough to plan a live draft for fantasy football. Hahaha.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Yeah, in-person get togethers are tricky when you're old and a parent. Tried to have a lot of my old gaming pals over for my 40th birthday a few months back, but then I got COVID and had to cancel. Plan to reschedule, but haven't yet. Was supposed to see Primus perform the Rush album "A Farewell to Kings" that weekend as well.

As for traditions, I like to revisit the Twisted Metal series around Halloween every year.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

I don't know if these count as traditions but I usually play Smash Bros with my cousin and in the the winter I like to play some Arkham Origins for some reason.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

After defeating the last boss character and completing the game, I will try to be a completist by trying to complete every side quest/level, get every weapon, etc. I know I do not have to do it, but I come to realize how much filler modern games have just to make them more playable.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

LAN parties.

even if its just 4-6 of us in a basement, or something massive like Quakecon.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@judaspete: man that sucks... I saw primus farewell to kings tour and it was amazing. Les playing Cygnus X-1 was a sight to see. Sorry you got COVID, that's a bummer. I was pissed because it took forever to see, the venue kept delaying it over and over again because of COVID.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic  Online

@onesiphorus said:

After defeating the last boss character and completing the game, I will try to be a completist by trying to complete every side quest/level, get every weapon, etc. I know I do not have to do it, but I come to realize how much filler modern games have just to make them more playable.

Wow, that‘s dedication

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

I try to platinum a game atleast once a year.

When I get together with my friends we almost always start with anime fighters like Dragon Ball, One Piece or whatever. Its our conversation starter before we move to other co op games on the PS2 or recently the Switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:

I don't know if these count as traditions but I usually play Smash Bros with my cousin and in the the winter I like to play some Arkham Origins for some reason.

Probably cause of the Winter setting makes the game feel more immersive love Origins underrated game.

joementia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 joementia
Member since 2022 • 193 Posts

I used to run with a gang of 10 people. We'd drive around beating up nintendo fans. Lots of fun. But these days, it's just impossible. Can drive for hours and not find a single one. It's like they went extinct.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I play a random RE game every October. Especially on Halloween. Last year was Code Veronica and I didn’t quite finish my play through so I’ll got with that.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#34 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I wash my hands before touching the controller or picking up a handheld. And so should you.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@sargentd: Yeah, I was bummed. This would have been the first concert I'd gone to in years, even before covid it had been a while.

Maybe it was a big enough hit that they will do Hemispheres sometime :)

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@warmblur said:

Probably cause of the Winter setting makes the game feel more immersive love Origins underrated game.

It really is, people often dismiss it because it wasn't made by the original devs. But it's probably my 2nd favorite Arkham game after Knight.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

Always make sure I have a tall glass of something to drink before I start playing games. Either soft drinks,Gatorade,juice,etc .. I don’t drink alcohol of any type anymore and I don’t take drugs of any kind.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#38 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59181 Posts

Racism. Misogyny. etc...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Have this weird ritual where every time I boot up a game for the first time, I check all the options available from the main menu. Check out what the controls are if listed (usually so). Then once in game, hit all the buttons to see what does what. CRAZY.

Thought these were basic normal things to do until posting on this forum lol.

If it's an action based game, be it a platformer, action adventure, beat em up, fighting game, ARPG, "character action" etc. I check to see what cancels into what, if anything can be instant aired, height restrictions if applicable, basically just looking for any mechanical finesse. If I find something neat, iron out the execution before moving on. Maybe that stuff actually is weird, but whatever. Hate getting far into a game only to realize there was some cool and useful mechanical quirks I was missing.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidGame_basic  Online

@ConanTheStoner said:

Have this weird ritual where every time I boot up a game for the first time, I check all the options available from the main menu. Check out what the controls are if listed (usually so). Then once in game, hit all the buttons to see what does what. CRAZY.

Thought these were basic normal things to do until posting on this forum lol.

If it's an action based game, be it a platformer, action adventure, beat em up, fighting game, ARPG, "character action" etc. I check to see what cancels into what, if anything can be instant aired, height restrictions if applicable, basically just looking for any mechanical finesse. If I find something neat, iron out the execution before moving on. Maybe that stuff actually is weird, but whatever. Hate getting far into a game only to realize there was some cool and useful mechanical quirks I was missing.

You should be a gameplay designer!

@brimmul777 said:

Always make sure I have a tall glass of something to drink before I start playing games. Either soft drinks,Gatorade,juice,etc .. I don’t drink alcohol of any type anymore and I don’t take drugs of any kind.

Dang, how long are your gaming sessions?

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

I don't buy many games through the year, I like to wait until Christmas and for some odd reason (although not that odd to me) I always like to have a new game to play on Christmas day. Sometimes I'll buy games a week before Christmas and not actually play them until the day.

Strange I know, but it's kind of nostalgic to me as I always remember as kid that Christmas day was the day I got new games when I was a young lad! 😁

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#43 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I only play about an hour or so at the most,mainly multiplayer. I don’t game as much as I used to,played hours and hours at a time when I was in my 20’s,but nearly 50 in a few years I lost interest into vg. But my ritual is still the same,something cold to drink when gaming.