DRM Enigma responds to outraged Capcom fans | Fans began to review bomb Capcom games on Steam

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Sauce

Capcom has implemented your product on their back catalogue of games and it's causing performance drops, crashes and has broken many popular mods people use to make these games run better.

The PC community is very angry and has noticed the implementation of your product. It is being mentioned in a ton of negative steam reviews.

You should be aware that there is likely a huge negative PR storm coming your way and possibly offer Capcom advice on how to implement your product properly as you've angered a lot of people. It wouldn't surprise me if big PC YouTubers like Digital Foundry pick up on the issue and make their many subscribers aware.

Response:

"Curious, what action do you need from us? And why do you blame us that someone use our software? Someone use, we do not push to use it.

What is our guilt you think?

And why are you so sure that all that you reported belongs to our software?

Maybe you are so angered because you can't use the cheats anymore?"

Ghost is made he cant pirate games anymore. :(

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59183 Posts

The last two Capcom games bought (RE8/SF6) had major performance issues. Not sure if it's the engine or the DRM, but they seemed to not give too much of a shit about it.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

Ghost gonna be IRATE 😂

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

It apparently breaks some games on steam deck, so there's that

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

Capcom please don't act like early to mid 2010s Crapcom again.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17852 Posts

Ah Capcom...whatchya doin? Their games sell loads on the PC. They generally have a lot of good will and a good reputation too. What is this action over exactly?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup

Surprised this wasn't posted.

Seems what they are actually saying is "we want to sell you cheats, rather than you getting them for free"

https://www.gamesradar.com/mods-are-no-different-than-cheating-according-to-capcom/

This was the case with Rockstar. Prior to the release of their terrible remaster where they de-listed the OK, they started aggressively attacking the mod community.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1904 Posts

Eh, PC gamers will still buy their games.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

TLDR ^ PC gaming - Over-expensive entertainment, underwhelming experience.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

Don't think these are pirates as the TC and the company implies. They are implementing in their back catalog so that means the ones ones that will be affected are the legitimate buyers. Pirates already have the pirated version and you can't just overwrite it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39410 Posts

Give me a sec, gotta log in into steam to review bomb a couple of titles.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@nod_calypse

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@Heil68: My bad bro! Took care of it.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts
@danishanwar said:

TLDR ^ PC gaming - Over-expensive entertainment, underwhelming experience.

PC is generally a much better experience to console from what I have played and seen in most games. I always buy games once they have been out awhile to spend less and get the best patched version of them which by then is pretty much always better than the console versions by a good amount. Consoles are fine though if you like them. I have spent exactly $425 on my gaming PC since 2021 and it looks and runs great, that does not seem that expensive to me. I could have spent way more and got a even more amazing experience but I am happy with how it looks and runs so I will wait another couple of years before upgrading most likely.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

Capcom needs to stop this non sense as they are going to mess up all the good will they have earned over the last several years.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

It's literally a virus that they expect us to be OK with.

We should not be OK with it.

Boycott Capcom. Don't just review bomb...don't buy. Period. Full stop. Show some god damned self-control and self-respect, folks.

Once again draconian DRM measures prove to a.) do little to nothing to stop piracy, b.) inconvenience the legitimate consumer, to the point of sometimes making the product unplayable or impossible to enjoy, and c.) are done from a position little to no consideration, often to the point of hostility (as shown by their official response).

“The image of a product is tarnished when mods are released that violate public order and morals without permission,”Capcom developers said in a YouTube videoabout anti-cheat and anti-piracy measures for in-house development. “Mods can be mistaken for legitimate implementations and can cause bad publicity.”

Link

Holy shit, these people sound like out-of-touch, regressive politicians. "...Violate public order and morals"?!?! Are you kidding me!?

They make games that sexualize women, have boatloads of violence and guns and gore, and more. And they're trying to excuse this anti-consumer behavior by taking the moral high ground?!

Oi vey!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25
@uninspiredcup said:

Seems what they are actually saying is "we want to sell you cheats, rather than you getting them for free"

https://www.gamesradar.com/mods-are-no-different-than-cheating-according-to-capcom/

This was the case with Rockstar. Prior to the release of their terrible remaster where they de-listed the OK, they started aggressively attacking the mod community.

Ah, there's the rub!

This makes it even worse, not better...but at least I can understand it.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts

Make people fill any better Enigma DRM is from a no name Russian company and is setting peoples Anti Virus off. Yes Enigma DRM might be Russian Malware.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6430 Posts

Go Capcom 🤣🤣🤣

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@osan0 said:

Ah Capcom...whatchya doin? Their games sell loads on the PC. They generally have a lot of good will and a good reputation too. What is this action over exactly?

@mrbojangles25 said:

Once again draconian DRM measures prove to a.) do little to nothing to stop piracy, b.) inconvenience the legitimate consumer, to the point of sometimes making the product unplayable or impossible to enjoy, and c.) are done from a position little to no consideration, often to the point of hostility (as shown by their official response).

“The image of a product is tarnished when mods are released that violate public order and morals without permission,”Capcom developers said in a YouTube videoabout anti-cheat and anti-piracy measures for in-house development. “Mods can be mistaken for legitimate implementations and can cause bad publicity.”

Link

Holy shit, these people sound like out-of-touch, regressive politicians. "...Violate public order and morals"?!?! Are you kidding me!?

They make games that sexualize women, have boatloads of violence and guns and gore, and more. And they're trying to excuse this anti-consumer behavior by taking the moral high ground?!

Oi vey!

It isn't about piracy but mods. Capcom realized that a ton of people are using mods for skins. So to them mods are eating into their sales of skin outfits.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6985 Posts

Lol , Master race huh? 🤣

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25
@NoodleFighter said:
@osan0 said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

Link

Oi vey!

It isn't about piracy but mods. Capcom realized that a ton of people are using mods for skins. So to them mods are eating into their sales of skin outfits.

Are these mods of the skins they are selling? Identical?

If not, then no issue from where I am standing with modders creating content. If Capcom wants to make more money, they should offer more skins. Generally speaking, from both a quality and stability standpoint, content made in-house by the developer is better than mods; I think if people had the option, they would by official skins. If they are available.

Instead what we have here is Capcom saying "We don't want you using free mods to add content, so we are going to block your mods...but we aren't going to bother making more content, either".

I don't really follow the logic there to be honest and think it is an error on Capcom's part from both an ethical standpoint, and a business standpoint as well as they might have kicked the hornets nest. They were worried about optics and ethics and PR and now they've ruined all of that with this move that won't net them any goodwill or business or additional money from microtransactions.

The only exception of course would be if modders are ripping off official skins. In that case, I can understand a company wanting to defend themselves.

We see this not just with Capcom, but Nintendo and others as well. I feel like the developer-consumer bond and relationship should be mutually beneficial and appreciative; we give them business, we get a product, we continue to develop product past it's initial offering with mods which drives interest, which in turn drives future sales of additional games and extra content.

Moves like this interrupt that cycle and just sort of ruin it for everyone, consumer and creator and publisher alike.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2147 Posts

Wish Steam would allow it's users to play the games without updating to latest version and/or roll back to older version, then shit like this would not matter.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1407 Posts

Good. Make em suffer, Capcom.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uninspiredcup

@silentchief said:

Lol , Master race huh? 🤣

This is a very weird flex.

Console users have mods, they called "paid DLC".

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:

Lol , Master race huh? 🤣

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup
@mrbojangles25 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Ah, there's the rub!

Yea, I mean, cheating? For an 11 year old single player game?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6985 Posts
@lebanese_boy said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:

Lol , Master race huh? 🤣

Yes but we don't have shitty Russian malware on our platform because publishers aren't worried about us stealing their games. 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@silentchief said:
@lebanese_boy said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:

Lol , Master race huh? 🤣

Yes but we don't have shitty Russian malware on our platform because publishers aren't worried about us stealing their games. 🤣

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrbojangles25

@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Ah, there's the rub!

Yea, I mean, cheating? For an 11 year old single player game?

Yeah the singleplayer part is what would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic an excuse.

Like WTF do they care if we cheat in our game?

I don't know, maybe it's got something to do with their historically honor-focused culture? Not a very honorable position to take though...

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

Modern gaming is not worth it anymore.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Lmao, when Denuvo isn't enough, RIP performance

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup
@tjandmia said:

Modern gaming is not worth it anymore.

Even old games, fuckers won't leave them alone. De-list them, add a shitty remaster nobody asked for and up the price 300%.

Why was laughing at the whole Epic Games "developers will get more of a cut", like, somehow should give a ****, given these bozos have happily jumped aboard any boat they can that involves fucking us.

Deserve nothing but contempt until proven otherwise.