from an artistic standpoint, defjam>95% of games out there

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
My god, the game is beutiful. Everything from the bouncing leaning buildings, to the way the rest of the enviroment moves with the music, its amazing. To bad I can't say the same for the gameplay. 
GXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GXR
Member since 2003 • 1476 Posts

I havent tried the demo yet, but i will as soon as i get home.

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Whats wrong with the gameplay?
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Demo's out yet?
Matt747uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matt747uk
Member since 2006 • 313 Posts
[QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

Have you actually played the game? It is incredibly artistic how everything moves with the music.
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts
I enjoyed FFNY and was excited when I saw the screenshots of Icon, but after seeing gameplay vids I was VERY disappointed with what EA did with the game. I'll check out the demo tonight, but from what I have been seeing in the forums it looks great but doesn't play very well at all. damn you EA. As for this topic... I really don' t agree with the "artistically better than 95% of games out there" statement.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 osusfaith
[QUOTE="Matt747uk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

Have you actually played the game? It is incredibly artistic how everything moves with the music.

I can't play something like that without becoming suicidal
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jam
console_fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 console_fanboy
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
[QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="Matt747uk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

I can't play something like that without becoming suicidal

Suicidal? Move on plz. I bet u r one of those guys hyping blue dragon AAA by only looking at the screenshots (yes i am narrowminded just like u).
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="Giancar"]SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jam

c;mon, MG, FF, and zelda, gimme a break. Maybe if cliche run of the mill military and fantasy crap does it for you. Try playing the game and tell me the enviroment isn't one of the most amazing things you have ever seen in a game. Okami is the only thing there that was great to look at. Maybe SOTC as well.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

Don't judge till you have played it. Yes, the whole gangsta theme is pathetic, but the game has a "street" type design along with wash out color effects that makes it look amazing. One of the most impressive things I've seen in a while.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts

Are you an artist?
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Giancar
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Giancar"]SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jam

c;mon, MG, FF, and zelda, gimme a break. Maybe if cliche run of the mill military and fantasy crap does it for you. Try playing the game and tell me the enviroment isn't one of the most amazing things you have ever seen in a game. Okami is the only thing there that was great to look at. Maybe SOTC as well.

compare those enviroments to the MGS, FF and Zelda series and I have watched the Dej Jam demo...
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ninjaxams
I'm guessing no one here knows anything about art or graphic design or I wouldn't recieve some of these absent minded replies. 
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts
[QUOTE="Matt747uk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

No...Just..NO. It is not new and this game is generic at best. You want Artistic? Try Okami Or Killer7.
TSCombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TSCombo
Member since 2006 • 2957 Posts
How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.osusfaith
Gangsta/thug isn't anything new as far as themes go it is the flavor of the month but it has a "look" just like anything else that can be displayed artistically. Graffitti for example (Jet Grind Radio), urban life when displayed correctly can be artistic, just like any other culture.
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jechtshot78
I'm guessing no one here knows anything about art or graphic design or I wouldn't recieve some of these absent minded replies. ninjaxams
Oh lord, people don't agree with you. It is the end of the world :roll:
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Giancar"]SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jam

compare those enviroments to the MGS, FF and Zelda series and I have watched the Dej Jam demo...

s*** complete utter s*** is what I think of honostly when I look at those games. and you can't get a good feel for the look of the game by watching lil jpegs of it. this is something you need to see on your own tv. seriously, your merely a fanboy who likes to think he knows what good enviromental design looks like. this is something different that should be appreciated by everyone here. I by no means like the game as a whole, but its been awhile since I've seen a game with so much overflowing personality.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Japanese_Monk
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Giancar"]SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jam

Ok ok hold on now. Im an artist and Def Jam is def one of the top games going in the way of artistry. I was simply amazed at the level of detail they put in this game. After all the makers of FNR3 made this so yeah...Zelda is NOT artistic in the way you try to sell it. Artistic doenst only mean a bloom effect on the game. I dont see how you can name zelda but not Def JAm. Perhaps its because its a bunch of rappers (who you probably despise) fighting with music you dont like. Face it. You dont know what aristic is if you say this isnt. You have no idea what art is anyway so please stop.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
i havent dowloaded the demo yet but i have seen vids about and i didnt think it looked too good infact it looked pale.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]I'm guessing no one here knows anything about art or graphic design or I wouldn't recieve some of these absent minded replies. jechtshot78

To disagree is one thing, but to discount this game as generic in a asthetic way is just plain stupid.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shsonline
[QUOTE="jechtshot78"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]I'm guessing no one here knows anything about art or graphic design or I wouldn't recieve some of these absent minded replies. ninjaxams

To disagree is one thing, but to discount this game as generic in a asthetic way is just plain stupid.

I agree, it does have a unique graphically artistic flavor. But art is relative to the beholder. Some people have different tastes in art.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Japanese_Monk
[QUOTE="jechtshot78"][QUOTE="Matt747uk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

No...Just..NO. It is not new and this game is generic at best. You want Artistic? Try Okami Or Killer7.

Ha, you sound like your just regurgitating what editors already said two months ago. You dont know what art is if you say that the standard of artistry is Killer 7 and Okami...
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jechtshot78
[QUOTE="jechtshot78"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]I'm guessing no one here knows anything about art or graphic design or I wouldn't recieve some of these absent minded replies. ninjaxams

It is generic. There is way to much flash in that one level, it makes it gaudy and overactive.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Giancar"]SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jamninjaxams

s*** complete utter s*** is what I think of honostly when I look at those games. and you can't get a good feel for the look of the game by watching lil jpegs of it. this is something you need to see on your own tv. seriously, your merely a fanboy who likes to think he knows what good enviromental design looks like. this is something different that should be appreciated by everyone here. I by no means like the game as a whole, but its been awhile since I've seen a game with so much overflowing personality.

:roll: I would much rather play as a crossdressing transexual looking guy with big hair and no muscles at all but can swing around a 1000 pound sword like its a feather.(Im mocking the other people in this board who dont like the "gangsta/thug" look but like the "boys who dress like girls" look.;))I havent played the game yet,the demo was at 78% but then I had to get to school.Ill play it when i get home,cant wait.
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jechtshot78
[QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="jechtshot78"][QUOTE="Matt747uk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

Ha, you sound like your just regurgitating what editors already said two months ago. You dont know what art is if you say that the standard of artistry is Killer 7 and Okami...

Why shouldn't they be? In 6 years Okami and Killer7 will still look great, Def jam will not.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 osusfaith
[QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

Are you an artist?

I just don't see how a realistic art style and character models, put in the most "flavor of the month" generic setting possible (gangsta/thug) can even mildly be considered a great artistic acheivement. It's boring. It doesn't even require THOUGHT. It just is like "ok what's popular now? thug pop culture? ok we'll motion capture some rappers and map their faces, and put them in the streets fighting" How in the name of god is that innovative or even good?!
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Japanese_Monk
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="jechtshot78"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]I'm guessing no one here knows anything about art or graphic design or I wouldn't recieve some of these absent minded replies. jechtshot78

It is generic. There is way to much flash in that one level, it makes it gaudy and overactive.

It may be gaudy and overactive (which i do agree) but how is that generic? Your not making any sense... Wouldnt so much flash and the fact that is OVERactive be a testament to it NOT being generic....?
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.osusfaith
Are you an artist?

I just don't see how a realistic art style and character models, put in the most "flavor of the month" generic setting possible (gangsta/thug) can even mildly be considered a great artistic acheivement. It's boring. It doesn't even require THOUGHT. It just is like "ok what's popular now? thug pop culture? ok we'll motion capture some rappers and map their faces, and put them in the streets fighting" How in the name of god is that innovative or even good?!

.....Its Def Jam,a hip-hop company.This is the look that fits hip-hop,they wouldnt go with something as colorful as viva pinata...or as shiny as saints row,its a Def Jam game.Its supposed to look street and gritty not "pretty pretty".
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 osusfaith
[QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.killab2oo5
Are you an artist?

.....Its Def Jam,a hip-hop company.This is the look that fits hip-hop,they wouldnt go with something as colorful as viva pinata...or as shiny as saints row,its a Def Jam game.Its supposed to look street and gritty not "pretty pretty".

Yea well that doesn't mean it has good artistic design, which is what the TC is argueing. It may be a fitting design for the IP, but original/good? Hardly
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Giancar
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Giancar"]SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jam

errr Def jam is multiplatform and NO WAY i am buying that!!! So ur fanboy statment is incorrect.... Hell from what I seen Blue dragon powns that (in the artistic department)...Yes Def jam looks good, but that's all Have u played any FF game? The enviroments, the cities, the characters Zelda WW ? The expresions of Link, the sailing till the end, the battles, the castles, deku forest, IT WAS AMAZING But that's only my opinion
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
I just watched the videos for that game. I'm definetely getting a 360 before my second year in University.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Japanese_Monk
[QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

Are you an artist?

I bet you dont whine like this when WWII shooters come out. cause thats exactly the same process. Obviously you have no idea what art is. I can tell you have a thing against either rap of even black people. Its not about art admit it. You just dont like that game because its rap. And rap scares you. It makes you cringe. Im an artist and I do go to an art college. One of the best in the nation. So I know art when i see it. And contrary to what you think this game is artistic especially in its sense of realism. Which realism is probably 75-80 percent of art today. If I showed this game to my professors they'd be amazed at everything. The effects, the details, the movements. On the other hand you are simply judging the game on hip-hop influence rather than ART.
console_fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 console_fanboy
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
[QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.

Are you an artist?

guess u r not an artist. Now i am not saying that this game is Teh Art, but U should take the whole presentation into consideration b4 judging whether its art or not. All u see is realistic character models and gangsta/thug theme. Maybe download the demo and try it out for 10min? God i hate ppl being too prejudice, "NO me rather SUIDICE then play teh game", get real man.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZebethOrZebes
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="osusfaith"][QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]How can a game like that be artistic? I mean it might have good graphics, but artistic? The played out, generic gansta/thug look is the opposite of innovative artistic design.osusfaith
Are you an artist?

Yea well that doesn't mean it has good artistic design, which is what the TC is argueing. It may be a fitting design for the IP, but original/good? Hardly

I think you should watch the videos first.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="Giancar"]SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jam

errr Def jam is multiplatform and NO WAY i am buying that!!! So ur fanboy statment is incorrect.... Hell from what I seen Blue dragon powns that (in the artistic department)...Yes Def jam looks good, but that's all Have u played any FF game? The enviroments, the cities, the characters Zelda WW ? The expresions of Link, the sailing till the end, the battles, the castles, deku forest, IT WAS AMAZING But that's only my opinion

nothing akira toriyama does is even halfway unique (you probally don't even know who he is). hes a great artist, but everything he does is completely generic. I've played most of the FF released, and every game you listed for that matter (except BD) and they are bland, generic, and passe. there is nothing special about the look of any of those games at all.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Def Jam is only artisitc in the sense that it's a musical group, whom are "artists" via their songs and style of music. Art is however all in the form of one's mind. Def Jam doesn't do anything "innovative" in the art sense. The game uses the same thug like gritty sense you see in all games of it's types. However I've seen better style, in the same tone and manner as this, but they have unique flavors added, that seperate it from the pack. That's the problem, this game doesn't do it like that. But then again, no one could say it's NOT artistic, but I certainly don't see it's art form being anything ORIGINAL. The background swaying and bumping to the music is a nice technical feature, but really is nothing that would be considered "artisitc" or "innovative" as it's been done before. It's just a nice "touch."
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Japanese_Monk
Noooo this isnt artistic at all. :roll:

http://www.xboxyde.com/stream_3547_en.html

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shsonline
Next to Gears, and Fight Night, this is the most beautiful next gen game I've played.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Japanese_Monk
Def Jam is only artisitc in the sense that it's a musical group, whom are "artists" via their songs and style of music. Art is however all in the form of one's mind. Def Jam doesn't do anything "innovative" in the art sense. The game uses the same thug like gritty sense you see in all games of it's types. However I've seen better style, in the same tone and manner as this, but they have unique flavors added, that seperate it from the pack. That's the problem, this game doesn't do it like that. But then again, no one could say it's NOT artistic, but I certainly don't see it's art form being anything ORIGINAL. The background swaying and bumping to the music is a nice technical feature, but really is nothing that would be considered "artisitc" or "innovative" as it's been done before. It's just a nice "touch."yoshi_64
Sense when does something have to be innovative to be classified as art? If the art periods taught us anything was that most art was a reproduction of what was already done....just saying something different. Okami is new and innovative in the gaming world but outside that....it has been done millions of times before. You almost understand but not quite. Art is simply how someone ELSE views the world and their interpretation. So to say that anything is not artistic is actually an oxymoron. The funny thing is...is that most people view art as how realistic or beautiful it is. Just because its been done before doesnt mean anything. Show me a piece of art today that is completely original....
Gunnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gunnuts
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts

I see two major problems here:

1) It's Def Jam

2) It's EA

Nothing about this game should be praised

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shsonline

I see two major problems here:

1) It's Def Jam

2) It's EA

Nothing about this game should be praised

Gunnuts

I see two problems with your logic:

1) Def Jam is a license for the game, what bearing does it have on the game? It could easily be a McDonald's license

2) EA is capable of making good games. This isn't a sports game.

Just finished downloading the game and I have to say this is the best looking game visually I have played since Gears, and that's saying something.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Def Jam is only artisitc in the sense that it's a musical group, whom are "artists" via their songs and style of music. Art is however all in the form of one's mind. Def Jam doesn't do anything "innovative" in the art sense. The game uses the same thug like gritty sense you see in all games of it's types. However I've seen better style, in the same tone and manner as this, but they have unique flavors added, that seperate it from the pack. That's the problem, this game doesn't do it like that. But then again, no one could say it's NOT artistic, but I certainly don't see it's art form being anything ORIGINAL. The background swaying and bumping to the music is a nice technical feature, but really is nothing that would be considered "artisitc" or "innovative" as it's been done before. It's just a nice "touch."Japanese_Monk
What I mean to say, is that while the game certainly is "artistic" and like you said "Art is simply how someone ELSE views the world..." This game and the video you posted, show me now that yes. It's great looking, in technical sense for a game. In the form of art Sense when does something have to be innovative to be classified as art? If the art periods taught us anything was that most art was a reproduction of what was already done....just saying something different. Okami is new and innovative in the gaming world but outside that....it has been done millions of times before. You almost understand but not quite. Art is simply how someone ELSE views the world and their interpretation. So to say that anything is not artistic is actually an oxymoron. The funny thing is...is that most people view art as how realistic or beautiful it is. Just because its been done before doesnt mean anything. Show me a piece of art today that is completely original....

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Def Jam is only artisitc in the sense that it's a musical group, whom are "artists" via their songs and style of music. Art is however all in the form of one's mind. Def Jam doesn't do anything "innovative" in the art sense. The game uses the same thug like gritty sense you see in all games of it's types. However I've seen better style, in the same tone and manner as this, but they have unique flavors added, that seperate it from the pack. That's the problem, this game doesn't do it like that. But then again, no one could say it's NOT artistic, but I certainly don't see it's art form being anything ORIGINAL. The background swaying and bumping to the music is a nice technical feature, but really is nothing that would be considered "artisitc" or "innovative" as it's been done before. It's just a nice "touch."Japanese_Monk
Sense when does something have to be innovative to be classified as art? If the art periods taught us anything was that most art was a reproduction of what was already done....just saying something different. Okami is new and innovative in the gaming world but outside that....it has been done millions of times before. You almost understand but not quite. Art is simply how someone ELSE views the world and their interpretation. So to say that anything is not artistic is actually an oxymoron. The funny thing is...is that most people view art as how realistic or beautiful it is. Just because its been done before doesnt mean anything. Show me a piece of art today that is completely original....

Well, it's a nice looking game graphically. I won't deny that it is "art" as well. However, for me I consider a WHOLE game as art. I know that it has many "artistic" designs in it, like music, character modeling, landscaping/evnironment, game design, etc. But as a whole entire view, which is how I personally view games as "art" I see just the same I've seen before. Now I'm not one to say that it's not totally generic. The level desing, the characters themselves, and the music all fit the type well, and yet look better than even those it is compared to. The lighing, the clothing, the scenarios, and all that really give the game it's own feel. That's just from watching, but I don't see much new in terms of gameplay, which I believe can be argued in itself as art, because this interactive experience is looking nothing too original. The new "turntable" feature is an adequate addition, but I'll wait more to see how it really handles out. So as a whole, the game to me looks good visually, the music while not my preference is certainly "artistic" cause I'll give it credit. I can't do rapping, lyrics, and things like they do, and I know it reaches ot some people. However, as a whole, being a game, I see it "good" and perhaps nothing more. But keep in mind, I'm waiting for the game to release and see how it plays more so. That's how I judge my games. P.S. If this is a WALL OF TEXT I'm sorry, I'm using a Mac and Safari and the damn thing won't let me use the actual QUOTE button, so I have to use QUICK QUOTE which does a terrible job in spacing and paragraphing
Bonez_Mahoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bonez_Mahoney
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"]SoTC artistic ICo artistic Okami artistic MGS series artistic Zelda series artistic FF series artistic VP artistic and million more games that I am too lazy to type right now now compare those with Def Jamninjaxams

I have played the game and it's a$$

looks good but the gameplay is a joke

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Japanese_Monk
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"] The level desing, the characters themselves, and the music all fit the type well, and yet look better than even those it is compared to. The lighing, the clothing, the scenarios, and all that really give the game it's own feel. That's just from watching, but I don't see much new in terms of gameplay, which I believe can be argued in itself as art, because this interactive experience is looking nothing too original. The new "turntable" feature is an adequate addition, but I'll wait more to see how it really handles out. So as a whole, the game to me looks good visually, the music while not my preference is certainly "artistic" cause I'll give it credit. I can't do rapping, lyrics, and things like they do, and I know it reaches ot some people. However, as a whole, being a game, I see it "good" and perhaps nothing more. But keep in mind, I'm waiting for the game to release and see how it plays more so. That's how I judge my games. P.S. If this is a WALL OF TEXT I'm sorry, I'm using a Mac and Safari and the damn thing won't let me use the actual QUOTE button, so I have to use QUICK QUOTE which does a terrible job in spacing and paragraphing

I'll say your one of the smarter posters on here. And yeah I somewhat agree. As a whole it fails as a game. I just playedthe demo and the game play is lacking. Probably not a buy. Like everyone always says gameplay > graphics
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 osusfaith
Am I the only person who finds this series as a whole hysterical? These guys wrestling/doing martial arts? Without guns? It's basically Shaq Fu, you realize that right?
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="osusfaith"]Am I the only person who finds this series as a whole hysterical? These guys wrestling/doing martial arts? Without guns? It's basically Shaq Fu, you realize that right?

of course the whole premise of the game is a huge joke. i could care less about a bunch of self proclaimed "thugs". but the games other merits make this a truely unique and interesting game. thats alot more than i can say for most games to have come out in recent memory.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ZebethOrZebes
It's a 3D Smash Bros., but with rappers instead of Nintendo characters. It will be a great game. The people who are criticising it, for the most part, seem to have absolutely no knowledge of the new gameplay mechanics.
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

My god, the game is beutiful. Everything from the bouncing leaning buildings, to the way the rest of the enviroment moves with the music, its amazing. To bad I can't say the same for the gameplay. ninjaxams

I think I'll have to agree on just about everything you said. I do however find the whole "gansta" theme nothing but lame.