TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22733 Posts

Hey System wars! Not sure where in the world you are but mine just got hammered with snow and ice.... In APRIL. bleh. I've been playing Yakuza 0 and it's my first yakuza game. I enjoy it. Kind of cutscene heavy for a gamer such as myself, but the story and characters are fun so far. I also like the combat system and am excited to power up over time... Ultimately I'm really glad I jumped into this series to give it a try... It's fun. It has similar energy to Persona games, but way more engaging gameplay for my tastes.

Yakuza sat on my wishlist for a while before I purchased but nothing has sat as long as Death Stranding. For quite a while now it's been sitting there... Green "verified" tag staring me in the face.... Steam deck ready and currently 19.99$. I can't bring myself to purchase it though. When it hits a sale I go watch videos, reviews, updated reviews etc... Trying to catch that moment where I go, "OK, I'm hyped, let's try death stranding...". Everytime this happens though I feel like those videos remind me this game looks dreadfully boring and I feel like I'm being tricked in some way. Some people say it's a great passive game or that you just have to go with it etc... But it just looks so unbelievably boring when I watch. Almost like something I'd entertain for maybe 10 hours and delete. Those videos always seem to mention that "this game isn't for everyone" which automatically makes me think apologists are trying to cover for it? I dunno.

Now, I'm not saying DS couldn't be my Green Eggs and Ham, but it sits... Appearing to me to be way too expensive at 19.99$ and my brain won't let me purchase it...

What about system wars? What's your longest wishlisted game and does it have ANY shot to be purchased? I think if DS hits 9.99 I'll purchase.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34654 Posts

Currently have 96 games in my Steam wishlist, and all of them are still there because I don't like their price, or because I don't feel like playing them right now. I keep no track of which of them have been there the longest.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

The Famicon Detective Club games on Switch. They've never once gone on sale.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46441 Posts

There’s around 750 games and DLC content on my wishlist, I go over it every once in a while and delete the overwhelmingly negative ones.

But apart from that I’m buying most.

Indie games end up in humble bundles a lot.

And those games that never go on sale? Well Steam sometimes does coupons so I just use em on those.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39086 Posts

Is it normal that i have never wishlisted a single game on any platform? I know what i want to buy, and buy it when it comes out. No need to wishlist anything, this is not a Christmas present when you're 11.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8270 Posts

Sanabi

Been wishlisted on steam for like 6 months.. almost bought it a couple days ago, then stopped because I have backlog..

One day.. one day

I got a bunch of indies on wishlist frfr, but Sanabi is the one I'll buy once I beat some of these other games

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59059 Posts

Going by "date added", it appears to be this.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/291960/Elminage_Gothic/

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEroica  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

That looks pretty fun actually! 9.99.... Less than a Big Mac "value" meal at McDonald's.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Litchie

@hardwenzen said:

Is it normal that i have never wishlisted a single game on any platform? I know what i want to buy, and buy it when it comes out. No need to wishlist anything, this is not a Christmas present when you're 11.

Very normal. Mostly just put games in the Steam wishlist to remember that they exist if I'd ever want to play them later at some point.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59059 Posts
@TheEroica said:
@uninspiredcup said:

That looks pretty fun actually! 9.99.... Less than a Big Mac "value" meal at McDonald's.

Was just looking it appears to have a better received sequel with an entire 58 reviews. Yea, might actually pick them up.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/618710/Elminage_ORIGINAL__Priestess_of_Darkness_and_The_Ring_of_the_Gods/

Seems to be a PSP series.

It's a very barebones port of the PSP version but the translation is better and the game itself is a really good dungeon crawler in the vein of the classic Wizardry games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Litchie

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh shit, you can do that? Brb.

It's apparently System Shock (the remaster). Added 2016.

Then it's The Last Night, added 2017. After that, Slasher's Keep, added 2018.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheEroica  Moderator

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:

Very normal. Mostly just put games in the Steam wishlist to remember that they exist if I'd ever want to play them later at some point.

Yep... This. I use my wishlist to remind me of games I put there and I like getting emails in the app when they go on sale. I'm not a day 1 customer anymore so lots of runway on some games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44589 Posts

I wishlist stuff like for future consideration, then I get notifications when they're on sale and gives me a chance to consider grabbing them. I at least grab a few games a year this way.

The downside is sometimes I'll add a base game to my wishlist but it's the deluxe editions or whatever that get severely discounted and I won't get notifications because of this but sometimes catch it on the listed sales when I browse them.

Anyhow, few weeks back I saw Hardspace: Shipbreaker was leaving Game Pass and I wanted to try it, never got a chance so I decided to get it while it was at 20% off through Game Pass discount for $32'ish. Still haven't had time or energy lately due to work to make a dent in it, but if I had simply put it on my wishlist I could have grabbed it recently for merely $16 as it is (or recently was) on sale on Xbox Store.

Wishlist is also a good reminder of games that might interest you but not ready to get or want to learn more about them. With so many games out there it could be easy to forget what interested you one moment but you didn't commit to getting it then later forget it was even there. Nice feature to have.

Lately there was a widespread issue of Xbox users having their entire wishlists wiped entirely. Some were able to get there's restored while others never did. **sigh** I'm building mine from scratch again.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

@TheEroica: Starfield 2.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5266 Posts

While not on a physical wishlist, I did put Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on it, but removed it once I learned more about the game, especially its characters.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts

I don't keep games on my wishlist for a long time. I usually buy the games when they get a decent sale.

My backlog, however, is big!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69662 Posts

I believe I have 9 on Xbox. It used to be 25.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56191 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

There’s around 750 games and DLC content on my wishlist, I go over it every once in a while and delete the overwhelmingly negative ones.

But apart from that I’m buying most.

Indie games end up in humble bundles a lot.

And those games that never go on sale? Well Steam sometimes does coupons so I just use em on those.

@Litchie said:

Currently have 96 games in my Steam wishlist, and all of them are still there because I don't like their price, or because I don't feel like playing them right now. I keep no track of which of them have been there the longest.

This is where I'm at when it comes listing games into my Wishlist and its usually mixed with putting them on the list so I won't forget about that game and some back later to see if its in a better price wise or just comeback whenever we have Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter I'll see if the price is right and if so, I'll buy it and even so, depending on the game itself, I'll have it in my library sitting there for months or years so that tends to be a problem on my end and its a bad habit.

Overall, I just put them on the list so I won't forget about the game later on. I have 27 games sitting in my Wishlist & 12 on GoG. Also, it's worth pointing out if you have the same game on Steam and GoG Wishlist, and whichever has the best price offer, go for the best deal and that's also a good reason to do that.

Oh yeah, about Humble Bundles, I don't do those like I used to, but I do need to get back into Humble Bundles.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10472 Posts

mine was no man's sky. had it on my steam wishlist for years. i probably would've grabbed it if it ever dropped to an enticing price but every time a sale came around it was like 20% off, whereas others on my wishlist were like 70-80% off, so those were the ones i'd grab.

i got more tempted over time as the game's rep picked up as the devs released more and more content that helped it live up to its initial hype. but the price was never right.

then i got gamepass and downloaded it, and it remains, sat, untouched. there's always something i'd rather play instead. i dont think its meant to be

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheEroica  Moderator

@Macutchi said:

mine was no man's sky. had it on my steam wishlist for years. i probably would've grabbed it if it ever dropped to an enticing price but every time a sale came around it was like 20% off, whereas others on my wishlist were like 70-80% off, so those were the ones i'd grab.

i got more tempted over time as the game's rep picked up as the devs released more and more content that helped it live up to its initial hype. but the price was never right.

then i got gamepass and downloaded it, and it remains, sat, untouched. there's always something i'd rather play instead. i dont think its meant to be

So funny how certain games can't get over the hill with our selective conscious. I have played no man's sky over it's several iterations and it is truly a wonderful game. I may have sunk more hours into it than any game of the past ten years... But with that said I can totally see how it would remain dusty on someone's wishlist.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6164 Posts

No idea what wish listed is, so...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEroica  Moderator

@last_lap said:

No idea what wish listed is, so...

Really? Even Nintendos shop has a wishlist....

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Macutchi

@TheEroica: that's a pretty big endorsement lol, whereas i was getting used to the idea of letting it go, you've just nudged me right back towards thinking i really need to try it. noted :)

i'll return the favour and say death stranding is worth a try too. it's weirdly captivating, highly unique, absolutely immaculately presented, but also bat shit crazy.

it's difficult to articulate, because there are a lot of counterpoints and aspects which don't, no pun, deliver, and it is so hard not to caveat every positive point with "but still it might not be your cup of tea." but at times it's so engrossing, highly atmospheric, particularly when it gets moody, and there's a real nice underlying message in the gameplay that people helping other people is how we win.

but... it's not a game for everyone, lol

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Last_Lap

@TheEroica: OK, I still don't know what it is lol.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1253 Posts

Dead by day light on steam back in 2016. Didn't event have a gaming PC back then.

Wound up playing it on gamepass a few years ago, wasn't a big fan - so should probably delete it.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#26 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2958 Posts

Metal Gear Solid Delta. When the heck is that coming out again?

I've had Armored Core VI on the wishlist awhile but haven't pulled the trigger, waiting for that deep discount.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2575 Posts

Too many but probably the greatest offender is Civilization 6, dunno why, I love Civ 5; every sale I am tempted to buy it, yet it never entices me enough.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#28 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Where to even start? I use wishlist mainly to keep track and remind myself that these games exist. More then half of the time, they don't turn out as interesting as I thought and I just remove them.

The oldest game on my wishlist is Planetary Annihilation: Titans, which I almost went ahead and bought three times. I'd say it has a decent chance.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#29  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16015 Posts

I wanna get the recent Advance Wars remasters. However, I don't want to pay more than $60 [Canadian] for what is, in essence, a pair of lazy ports. It's not that I'm too poor to afford it -- it's the principle. I don't feel compelled to support lazy ports that are designed to make a quick buck.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

Not a game but dlcs. Its from a jrpg named Blue reflection. Fking dlc is more expensive than base game itself and even when on sale the dlc bundle probably cost around 60-70 usd. Patiently waiting for a day when dlcs drops below that price point.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41552 Posts

Dark Alliance (Gen Six era) games, 1 and 2 on Switch, 2 on Xbox. Hasbro really don't want to make these games have deals...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Dying Light 2. Its 50% off quite a bit. Waiting for more fixes, dlc, and further price drops. Got spoiled with the first game, one of the more complete editions for 10 bucks.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9574 Posts

My Wishlist on Steam is like 400 games and my Wishlist on PS5 is full... lol. I buy some here and there whenever they go on sale, but I have even more games on a list I have on my tablet that are waiting to take their place.. lol

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5946 Posts

Anyone who actually plays games will have a wishlist as there is simply too many to play.

I've got loads of games I've actually bought and not played yet. So I guess this is my list.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69662 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Anyone who actually plays games will have a wishlist as there is simply too many to play.

I've got loads of games I've actually bought and not played yet. So I guess this is my list.

Anyone who actually plays games may or may not have a wishlist.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Last_Lap

So after some investigation it's when you mark a game or dlc you wish to buy at a reduced price, so when it goes on sale you get a message.

So knowing that I have 1 thing wish listed, and that the Ragnorok dlc for Assassins Creed Valhalla. It's been on sale but never at a price I'm comfortable paying.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

Oh I'll wishlist anything I think looks remotely interesting, even if it's unlikely I will ever play it.

There are 508 games on my list and the oldest game is Paranautical Activity, added in SEP 2013.

I do love me an action roguelite. There is a non-zero chance I will play it some day, but there are also a lot of good action roguelites to play. Anyone play it? Yay or Nay?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3036 Posts

State Of Decay 2. Never pulled the trigger. That's pretty much it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56191 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Yeah I know.

Life of a PC gamer is hell😅

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@Macutchi said:

@TheEroica: that's a pretty big endorsement lol, whereas i was getting used to the idea of letting it go, you've just nudged me right back towards thinking i really need to try it. noted :)

i'll return the favour and say death stranding is worth a try too. it's weirdly captivating, highly unique, absolutely immaculately presented, but also bat shit crazy.

it's difficult to articulate, because there are a lot of counterpoints and aspects which don't, no pun, deliver, and it is so hard not to caveat every positive point with "but still it might not be your cup of tea." but at times it's so engrossing, highly atmospheric, particularly when it gets moody, and there's a real nice underlying message in the gameplay that people helping other people is how we win.

but... it's not a game for everyone, lol

Sweet thanks for that! I do plan on checking out DS at some point. I mean, I have to! Lol...

With no man's sky I'd say that if you've enjoyed the passive activity of collecting resources and building structures, exploring space and uncharted planets you'll find a really fun experience. It is very much the next evolution of Minecraft, but also has plenty of objective based activities that keep it from just being about "resources and crafting". For dozens of hours I've been a builder... For others I've a smuggler... Sometimes I'm a pirate.... Or a pirate hunter.. Sometimes I play and build on to my many bases scattered throughout the universe and still other times I'm out on my exocraft seeking new technology and alien structures.

The one thing no man's sky, like Minecraft, don't have is linear forced progression. When you start a session it could go any direction!

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Only games I wishlist are games that I already own on my PS4/PS5. Most of them I have beaten (and multiple times, too) and sometimes even got the platinum trophy for. Mostly Sony games and From Software games. The reason I haven't bought them outright is cause my backlog is huge and there are so many new games for me to play.

I have GamePass and still buy like 1-2 games every single month on Steam. I wishlist the PS/FS classics waiting for them to be dirt cheap so I'll just buy anyway.

Other than that? I see a game I want I buy no hesitation. I only hesitate if I am going to spend 30-40 dollars on a game I already own on PS4, have platinum'd, played the remaster on PS5 and beaten it 6 times. Am I really going to buy it again and play on my 4090??? Perhaps.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviors is the oldest. It just never went on a good enough sale for me.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Macutchi
@TheEroica said:

With no man's sky I'd say that if you've enjoyed the passive activity of collecting resources and building structures, exploring space and uncharted planets you'll find a really fun experience.

it's funny you describing no man's sky like that because there's definitely an element of that to death stranding. apart from the space and planets bit.

@TheEroica said:

It is very much the next evolution of Minecraft, but also has plenty of objective based activities that keep it from just being about "resources and crafting". For dozens of hours I've been a builder... For others I've a smuggler... Sometimes I'm a pirate.... Or a pirate hunter.. Sometimes I play and build on to my many bases scattered throughout the universe and still other times I'm out on my exocraft seeking new technology and alien structures.

The one thing no man's sky, like Minecraft, don't have is linear forced progression. When you start a session it could go any direction!

yeah i do enjoy those find your own way type games. got a lot in my steam library, satisfactory i think was the last one i really got into which is in that ballpark. always a nice foil against the action oriented games. i'm in ;)