Hype for MvC: Infinite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

In an scale from 1 to 10, my expectations are 5. It looks like super trash. What u guys think?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

I'll probably still pick it up, because I'm dumb. But yea, I think unanimously people are looking more forward to Dragonball Z Fighters far more, it just looks plain better.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#3 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

Not interested. I'll just wait for Spiderman and pick that up instead

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Looks like a ton of fun, just hoping the roster is up to par, That's my only real worry.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

#NoXmenNoBuy

Listening to the devs trying to justify not including Xmen on the roster is laughable. When we all know is MCU calling all the shots.

There was recently a leak about the characters, and people picked up on the fact that a lot of classic characters aren't there, specifically the X-Men characters like Magneto and Sentinel. How do you guys feel about people being hung up on that?

Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

It's just the function that people are associating with the character, and there's no shortage of that.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/

Only picking Magneto because he is an 8way dash function??? Talk about missing the mark...

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I dont like the roster as it stands, so pretty damn low

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

#NoXmenNoBuy

Listening to the devs trying to justify not including Xmen on the roster is laughable. When we all know is MCU calling all the shots.

There was recently a leak about the characters, and people picked up on the fact that a lot of classic characters aren't there, specifically the X-Men characters like Magneto and Sentinel. How do you guys feel about people being hung up on that?

Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

It's just the function that people are associating with the character, and there's no shortage of that.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/

Only picking Magneto because he is an 8way dash function??? Talk about missing the mark...

Talk about a limp PR non reply.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Got bored with the demo instantly, needs to have more context, (X-Men really) why the characters are mashed up, the demo just felt like an Avengers movie with Capcom characters because it's "cool".

I'm good with MvC2. MvC3 and now this Infinite are just completely devoid of style. Maybe it's the move to 3D graphics, maybe it's the weaker character rosters, maybe it's the dummy-proof controls and mechanics, maybe it's the fact that none of the older characters ever get new moves, or maybe it's all of that and I'm just burned out on this series as a whole. I'm sorry but this is a huge pass here and I played the demo to completion and got all I needed out of it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

I'd say my hype level for this game is about a 7. It would be higher but the graphics, while I wouldn't say are horrible, are somewhat disappointing. The initial roster could be better as well. Still the gameplay looks quite fun so overall I am looking forward to picking this up when it comes out.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

Hype is sitting at around 2/10 and that's only because i love comic books. No X-men is a bad decision.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

No X-Men, no hype.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#12 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

I have yet to see anything from MvC:I that in any way shape or form is better than UMvC3, so... hype level 5 at best.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Core gameplay should be strong as always but I doubt I'll get it at launch, maybe on sale later. I have the Steel Book edition of MvsC3, I barely played it, I'm more into the slower paced fighters. I really tried to get into the mvc series, but I just could never get a handle on all the air combo craziness.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@valgaav_219 said:

Not interested. I'll just wait for Spiderman and pick that up instead

Good idea !

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#15 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9740 Posts

My hype for this game is low. Here is some gameplay.

https://youtu.be/hlHeoGBPsAU

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@GiveMeSomething said:

In an scale from 1 to 10, my expectations are 5. It looks like super trash. What u guys think?

Mine are ... 5

To be honest though after i saw new Dragonball Fighter Z i dont really care about Mvc.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

5, maybe 6. Never been a big Marvel guy to begin with. And DBFZ further deflated my hype, really wish that was the game coming this year.

Still, I'll pick it up because I just pick up most fighting games and I'm sure this one will be solid. And at the very least it should maintain an active online community for a long time, which is where most fighting games, even the good ones, suffer. So that's a plus.

Also lol @ saying 5/10 followed by "absolute trash". Truly using the gamer scale.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@enzyme36 said:

Talk about a limp PR non reply.

The most fucked part is that it's not just some random ass suit reply. It's Peter "Combofiend" Rosas saying that. Boggles my mind how an old school professional player, known for his MvC play no less, could fumble with some bullshit like that lol.

Oh well, "function vs function" has been memed to death at this point, I'm guessing he'll choose his words more carefully from now on lol.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

#NoXmenNoBuy

QFT. No X-Men/No Buy.

Staples of the series like Wolverine, Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, Cyke, Juggernaut, and even the FF's Dr. Doom (not to mention other fun characters we had in the past as well like Gambit, Iceman, Spiral, Marrow, Sabertooth, Deadpool, Cable, Psylocke, Colossus, Jean Grey, X-23, Omega Red, Apocalypse, Silver Samurai, Rogue, etc)...gone because the Disney Marvel promotion machine. It sucks that promoting their movies has trickled down into their gaming and other products that they would willingly remove characters to avoid promoting Fox. It sucks that movie deals are having this this kind of effect on the comics/games/toys. Now we are getting characters we never even asked for (and characters the community have asked for are being ignored like Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Bishop, ArchAngel, Nightcrawler, The Human Torch, Mystique, Forge, Namor, etc) and seeing main stays removed, and we're supposed to be blind to it. It's going to be the first MvC game I'm not buying on launch, if ever, that's for sure.

The X-Men started this series (X-Men Children of the Atom > X-Men Vs. StreetFighter) and every entry included Wolverine for instance, until now.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I blame marvel they probably told capcom not to use any x-men probably because they want to focus more on their movie characters

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#21 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9740 Posts

@SolidTy: You are so true. I'll leave this video here.

Loading Video...

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#22 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Post-Street Fighter V Capcom. No X-Men. 2v2 instead of 3v3.

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

Is going to be a solid fighting game...but sadly is going to lack on so many keys areas like plot (I doubt it will be as good as Injustice) roster (no Wolverine among others is a huge low blow for fans), also some returning characters are so meh...like Arthur or even Zero who was hated to death on UMVC 3...

Overall I think the game will be popular for a while but is not going to make a huge impact on the scene in the long run.

Oh and let's not forget that all the hype this game could have is been giving to DBZ.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

My hype went from a 10 to a 0 after playing the demo, I'll stick with MVC3