is ps5 the proud home of remakes?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16604 Posts

spiderman remaster, ghost of tsushima directors cut, im hearing a god of war remake is on the horizon, demon souls remake, final fantasy 7 remake, the list goes on and on and on.

I just have to say, shame on you sony.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

For most of these games if this is a new product rather than a patch that's just library padding + milking. Funny thing is they did this last gen and still got walloped by PC.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Low effort trolling. Should be locked soon. Sad that you made your account 14 years ago and this is the best you can come up with.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: so what you are trying to say PS5 has games

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

Nintendo is, and everyone knows that. Nvm, i thought this was about lazy ports, the thing Nintendo excels at.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17694 Posts

Gaming is a technology-driven medium.

I‘ve no trouble playing some of my favorite games utilizing the better technology which in turn makes them better games. Remakes as a concept is not something I object to outright as some games are brilliant yet can’t reach their fullest potential due to limited technology. If it’s presented well, I’m game.

GoT DC isn’t a remake, btw, it’s DLC marketed as the definitive way to experience the game…and it is. Substitute that for TLoU remake (if the rumors are true).

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Cows will love spending $70 for the same game they just spent $60 on a few months ago. So yes, yes it is.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16604 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Low effort trolling. Should be locked soon. Sad that you made your account 14 years ago and this is the best you can come up with.

well, none of what I said was wrong though? Theres more remakes, and remasters, reboots and directors cuts than original games.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 748 Posts

Does it really matter? There are 800 versions of Skyrim and people keep buying more. How many GotY editions of games do we see? I just bought Hades for the 2nd time. It's not like this practice is new. If people will buy it, then a company will make it. Simple as that.

Personally, I like remakes of games I loved. But the cool thing about this is nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Low effort response. You seem obsessed with when people joined. Is your age a sore spot for you? I could recommend a few books that could help you deal with the issues you're dealing with.