Milestones/Masterpieces of current decade so far (from 2020)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25041 Posts

Hello friends,

Most of good games get hated here especially recent ones so here in this thread we discuss what games of this decade starting from 2020 you consider masterpiece?

heres what I consider

Doom Eternal

Masterpiece and one of the if not the best FPS of all time and Id put it among Half life 2, STALKER, System Shock 2 and Deus Ex.

Desperados 3

Incredible game, a masterpeice which few people played. its very intelligent stealth game that is commandos successor but even better. also best Wild west game along with COJ gunslinger (not RDR2).

Deathloop

Absolute incredible, most innovative game of current generation and one of the most innovative FPS game that play like no other game in past. incredible, simply incredible. this time critics are more right.

Hitman 3

While the whole hitman trilogy is one of the best trilogy but Hitman 3 is what release this new decade as its GOTY 2021 that barely anyone talk about aka true GOTY. Hitman is only one of few good third person stealth game left.

so friends, as I see more milestones has to come from the likes of Starfield, STALKER 2, Atomic heart, System shock remake coming. but so far these 4 games are definitely masterpieces of current decade. these 4 are gems among all mediocrity trash we see throughout years from the likes of far cry, AC, Battlefield, GOW, horrizon and many others.

so my friends, what current decade game you think are masterpeices? lets discuss

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59278 Posts

Ye, Desp 3 a game love very much.

That and SOR4.

Not wanna hyperbole and declare them masterpieces, but pretty fucking good.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

Desperados 3 is one I've been wanting to play. Maybe after I finish up Pokemon, I'll switch over to that.

For me, I really think Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a masterpiece. The story, and combat was everything I enjoy in a game and it's one I want to replay again.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8354 Posts

don't really want to call any games released last 2 years masterpieces, I need a bigger window.

DoS2, Hollow Knight, Rocket League, Warhammer 2. when I think of recent master pieces, these ones are up there for sure imo, in the last 2 years I've enjoyed many games Phychonauts 2, mario maker 2, FF online, Forza Horizon 5, Halo inf, monster hunter rise, but I wouldn't call them masterpieces.

Honestly Rocket League is my number one masterpiece in the last 10 years. That might seems dumb to some but that game is pretty perfect imo. Easy to jump in, difficult to master, insanely fun and competitive.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Props for the shoutout to Desperados 3 - I don't think it got enough recognition

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70239 Posts

Funny thing about Desperados 3, it has been a mandatory game for my students in Intro to Game Design. 😯

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44465 Posts

Monster Hunter Rise and Forza Horizon 5 are two games that I’d put on that list just off the top of my head.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#8 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19678 Posts

Streets of Rage 4

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59278 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Props for the shoutout to Desperados 3 - I don't think it got enough recognition

For reals. One of the best games nobody has played.

Alot of it down to the press as well, not some movie Uncharted shit. Even though in reality it's secretly an adaptation of Once Upon A Time In The West, with the focus remaining still solely on the gameplay.

Upshot of people not giving a shit I guess, not turned into a Rainbow 6: Vegas/Crysis 2 type game where they want that mainstream money bags forsaking what made it good in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I have yet to see any masterpieces yet in the 2020's that's a high bar there's some good games but masterpieces hell nah.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10536 Posts

demon's souls has been the saving grace of owning a ps5 for me. genius game design, oodles of replay value and phenomenal visuals and soundtrack to boot. closest thing to masterpiece i've played in last 12 months by a country mile

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3745 Posts

Nothing has yet to dethrone the Witcher 3.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:

I have yet to see any masterpieces yet in the 2020's that's a high bar there's some good games but masterpieces hell nah.

Of course there are. even last year which was pretty bad offer 2 masterpieces.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:
@xantufrog said:

For reals. One of the best games nobody has played.

Alot of it down to the press as well, not some movie Uncharted shit. Even though in reality it's secretly an adaptation of Once Upon A Time In The West, with the focus remaining still solely on the gameplay.

Absolutely. even Villain name is frank.

john cooper is same character as harmonica.