Mistwalker's first NA DS exclusive bombs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Away: Shuffle Dungeon Boxshot

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/awaytsuresararetaninnin/index.html

I'll be getting this in the next few weeks, but this is so disappointing. I was hoping this would be a fantastic game. I really like the styIe and concept of the game.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Haha I do remember you and a couple others hyping this game. It's alright though, because everyone should buy Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia before anything else on DS this year.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

This company isn't doing too good so far.

LO was really only thing that was ok to me, and it wasn't that good (still need to finish it).

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BioShockOwnz

Haha I do remember you and a couple others hyping this game. It's alright though, because everyone should buy Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia before anything else on DS this year.lantus

Never "hyped" it, but I've been interested in it.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BioShockOwnz

LO was really only thing that was ok to me, and it wasn't that good (still need to finish it).

Chutebox

It was that good, but of course, that's just my opinion. Overall majority on this board seems to think it's a pretty darn good game, though. Then again, the developers of LO were from Nautilus, so quality was expected.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lantus

[QUOTE="lantus"]Haha I do remember you and a couple others hyping this game. It's alright though, because everyone should buy Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia before anything else on DS this year.BioShockOwnz

Don't be modest, I know I wasn't imagining things when you said you had it pre-ordered and everything.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

BioShockOwnz

It was that good, but of course, that's just my opinion. Overall majority on this board seems to think it's a pretty darn good game, though. Then again, the developers of LO were from Nautilus, so quality was expected.

lost odyssey is still my #1 game this gen.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="lantus"]Haha I do remember you and a couple others hyping this game. It's alright though, because everyone should buy Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia before anything else on DS this year.lantus

Don't be modest, I know I wasn't imagining things when you said you had it pre-ordered and everything.

That's not "hyping".

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
I notice that a lot of reviewers are a bit off with this developer. Blue Dragon was pretty good, and Lost Odyssey was actually really good - and yet they were both received very poorly by the reviewing community. I sometimes think that reviewers just don't get that Mistwalker is actually giving a particular niche of gamers exactly what they want, and doing a good job of it...

That being said, this doesn't mean that this game is any good.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

BioShockOwnz

The game just takes far too long to get good. I'm on disc 3 and it JUST started to get good, that's far too long if you ask me.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lantus
[QUOTE="lantus"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="lantus"]Haha I do remember you and a couple others hyping this game. It's alright though, because everyone should buy Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia before anything else on DS this year.BioShockOwnz

That's not "hyping".

Please, it's late, I don't feel like digging up old threads.

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shafftehr
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Chutebox

The game just takes far too long to get good. I'm on disc 3 and it JUST started to get good, that's far too long if you ask me.

I liked it on disk 1... Quite a bit.

Matter of taste. Not trying to tell you you're wrong - just that, this game is definitely love it or hate it.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BioShockOwnz

lantus

So what was my hype score? I'd like to know, because you know oh sooo much.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Shafftehr

I liked it on disk 1... Quite a bit.

Matter of taste. Not trying to tell you you're wrong - just that, this game is definitely love it or hate it.

Definitely, I can see how people would like it, especially those who love JRPGs. I still need to finish it though, we'll see if the last two discs make up for the other two for me.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lantus
[QUOTE="lantus"]

BioShockOwnz

Dude, go right ahead. Don't make up stuff. I never set a "hype" score for this game. I'm the first to admit ownage and floppage when a game bombs. Too Human. Did it. Fable II. Did it. Don't start ****. It's late. Go find your proof, or just give up.

I wasn't saying you were hyping to the high heavens, or even giving a hype score, but I know you were there during several discussions regarding it's hype when people would just randomly bring it up in a thread, and you seemed pretty hyped about it. That's all. Calm the **** down.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BioShockOwnz

I wasn't saying you were hyping to the high heavens, or even giving a hype score, but I know you were there during several discussions regarding it's hype when people would just randomly bring it up in a thread, and you seemed pretty hyped about it. That's all. Calm the **** down.

lantus

"Hype" is followed by a score or A, AA, AAA ranking in SW's. You used the incorrect terminology, then. I pre-order every game I buy, and I buy a lot of games, so it has nothing much to do with "hype". I buy games without hyping them. That's just what some normal folks do. I guess you weren't successful on your site "digging" quest for hype, so you tried to make the word "hype" have a broad definition. We all know the definition of "hype" on this forum, and that's how games flop, because they don't meet the hype (A,AA,AAA).

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BioShockOwnz

For Lantus:

This game is gonna get pummled in reviews, but I still think it looks killer.BioShockOwnz

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26481948

First post in the thread. Good day! ;)

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lantus

"Hype" is followed by a score or A, AA, AAA ranking in SW's. You used the incorrect terminology, then. I pre-order every game I buy, and I buy a lot of games, so it has nothing much to do with "hype". I buy games without hyping them. That's just what some normal folks do. I guess you weren't successful on your site "digging" quest for hype, so you tried to make the word "hype" have a broad definition. We all know the definition of "hype" on this forum, and that's how games flop, because they don't meet the hype (A,AA,AAA).

BioShockOwnz

I'm sorry, I tend to not give a **** about internet forum terminology, which is just a figment of peoples imaginations, but whatever, you win the internet battle since you're so well versed in your guy's terminolgy.

edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts

last time i made a post about mistwalker, it got moderated, so ill just leave this one with:

lol.

RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RobNBankz
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts
[QUOTE="lantus"]

BioShockOwnz

Not everyone lives on System Wars, so hype doesn't mean A, AA or AAA to everyone.

Hype can simply mean "oh man I can't freaking wait for this game!!" not "ZOMG THIS GAME TEH AAAe CONFIRMED!!!1 TLHBO/TCHBO/TSHBO/THHBO"

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shafftehr

Not everyone lives on System Wars, so hype doesn't mean A, AA or AAA to everyone.

Hype can simply mean "oh man I can't freaking wait for this game!!" not "ZOMG THIS GAME TEH AAAe CONFIRMED!!!1 TLHBO/TCHBO/TSHBO/THHBO"

RobNBankz

When in Rome, you don't order from Pizza Hut.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="lantus"]

RobNBankz

The way he was trying to get ownage by me admitting my "hype" is SW's mentality at best. Anyways, I proved his claim to be false, so moving on.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox
[QUOTE="RobNBankz"]

Shafftehr

blasphemy, Pizza Hut is awesome.

And you guys can drop this whole thing now. :)

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="Shafftehr"][QUOTE="RobNBankz"]

Chutebox

blasphemy, Pizza Hut is awesome.

And you guys can drop this whole thing now. :)

Only if it's Pan! Everyone I know hates the Pan pizza. Why oh why? It's sooo delicious!