IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1847 Posts

Wow, as a long time PC gamer, I must give it to Nintendo - Nintendo Switch Lite is a perfect mobile gaming killer. No wonder it has been selling so well during this coronovirus lockdown. It took me a while to be able to snatch one at an official price as they were out of stock for many many weeks, and reseller prices were through the roof, but apparently Nintendo managed to get more supply through the lockdown.

Me personally, I didn't like the traditional Switch as it was...I don't know...an overpriced weak sauce tablet console...thing?😕

But Nintendo Switch Lite is oh boy oh boy

Nintendo really made an amazing device at a super competitive price and is crashing all mobile competition rtn.

For me, it was not even a choice. When I was pickinh a mobile gaming device, my options were:

1. Ipad for 550 canadian bucks

2. Samsung Tablet S6 for 980

3. Samsung S6 Lite for 480 buck - competitive but still expensive

4. Some gaming phone for over 800 plus bucks

And the aforementioned devices do not have games such as Doom Eternal or any other AAA titles and Nintendo exclusives that I can play for 260 bucks on a Nintendo Switch

I mean what the hell are Samsung and Apple thinking putting such overpriced shit vs Nintendo Switch 😕 It is not even a competition there.

And Nintendo Shop was not that bad. Lots of deals. The deals were actually pretty good. I managed to grab several modern platformers for 2 bucks and Tales of Vesperia for just 18 bucks. Pretty much like Steam prices honestly.

First-party digital titles are obscenely expensive though😫, and there is literally 0 sense buying them digitally, when at that price you better off buying physical copies so that you can resell them later in order to recover money.

Nintendo Switch Lite has also some design flaws that keep it from being the best handheld of all times:

1. The plastic frame has definitely enough space for a bigger screen. I would say some 1-2 more inches easily.

2. In 2020, no bluetooth support. Really Nintendo?

3. Being able to connect Switch Lite to a TV as some games are not optimized for small screen gaming. Idk why Nintendo removed it when even outdated tablets from 2014 have it.

Oh well, probably in a year or so, Nintendo will come up with a Nitentendo Switch Lite XL 😂🙄

Conclusion:

Nintendo Switch is the cheapest most powerful mobile gaming device rtn, with great third-party support and library, and uber expensive exclusives.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

Digital price of switch game is pretty dumb. Here in Sweden, they are often cheaper to buy physically, rather than digitally. Unless there is a sale.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I dont understand why anybody would want the lite version, but enjoy it if it makes you happy.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IvanGrozny

@vfighter: it literally fits into pocket. I come out for groceries, there is a line outside, I can play Tales of Vesperia on my switch while waiting in line. That was the main selling point for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Why in the hell would I but an ipad or mobile for gaming? Different use cases for this products. I have used an ipad for designing and other stuff and they are the best that the market offers right now.

As for only gaming, yeah switch is pretty cool.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IvanGrozny

@Gamerno6666: because of hardware specs. Lower priced devices are not fit for gaming. Basically to match Nintendo Switch performance, you need a 500-dollar iPad or Android tablet or phone. For that reason I make this comparison.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34701 Posts

Lite version can't plug into TV, can't remove joycons, has a smaller screen. You're weird. It's definitely worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I almost pulled the trigger a few times on the lite. But I want another dock (I have 3) and not being able to connect to a TV is a deal breaker.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Yawn..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56284 Posts

Sorry but I love the original Switch because I can either play it on TV or on the go. The Lite version is just a cheaper model. But hey, if you love it, more power to ya ;)

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IvanGrozny

@davillain- said:

Sorry but I love the original Switch because I can either play it on TV or on the go. The Lite version is just a cheaper model. But hey, if you love it, more power to ya ;)

@goldenelementxl said:

I almost pulled the trigger a few times on the lite. But I want another dock (I have 3) and not being able to connect to a TV is a deal breaker.

@Litchie said:

Lite version can't plug into TV, can't remove joycons, has a smaller screen. You're weird. It's definitely worse.

You guys miss the point when i compared Lite to other mobile gaming devices such as tablets and phones. But if you want a comparison between Nintendo Switch Lite and Go, here's my two cents of thought.

Switch Go is good, but it has its flaws too, less robust construction and worse screen. Lite screen is actually pretty good. It has more contrast, brightness and better colors.

Smaller frame makes it easier to hold and play it in your bed or on the go, also it allows me to use two thumbs for touch screen typing, just like phone. I put a screen protector, and now I can touch the screen to my heart's content.

I was also missing the part of being able to connect it to a tv until I saw some youtube videos that most Switch games on it are a blurry mess, especially after 4k gaming has been a thing for a while.

For example, I actually prefer to play Tales of Vesperia on Lite because it's crispy and looks very nice there. On big screen, it's looks kinda blurry and low resolution. On my PC I sill can play it at 4k, but it still kinda looks foggy because of low res textures. On Switch Lite, in contrast, you don't notice that. It looks modern and nice.

Another thing, it's impossible to get Nintendo Switch console at an official price in Canada rtn, and probably in other regions as well. Resellers price is through the roof, 600 canadian bucks from some shady vendors. So yeah, not much choice here either. Lite stock, at a official price of 260, comes and goes still.

Perhaps, I will get a Switch console eventually, but not like this, not rtn. I will just wait until this lockdown craze has passed on (hopefully), and will get one on black Friday heavily discounted. For now, I am really good with Lite.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

There's only two games I'd rather play on the tv and its breath of the Wild and Mario odyssey. I only have a lite and content with what it offers for the price.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44632 Posts

they probably had to make the smaller stripped down Lite because Nvidia won't budge on component price hence why launch Switch prices are still the price, what you get for making deal with the devil

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts

"Gaming phone" is the funniest misnomer I've ever heard.

Anyway though, I think it kinda sucks that I can't use my Wii U pro controller on Switch

I have to buy a whole new 70eur controller just for Switch, when I have 4 perfectly good controllers on Wii U?

I guess I'll stick to handheld mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@vfighter said:

I dont understand why anybody would want the lite version, but enjoy it if it makes you happy.

Did you like Vita? Think of Switch Lite as a super Vita. If you're in to handhelds this thing just can't be beat.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Switch light is the best purely handheld gaming console available, Nintendo has always been handheld king and still are.

Ive got a normal switch and its great, I like playing on TV sometimes depends on the game but majority I play handheld, Mario Kart, smash bros, Mario odyssey, botw, I like the TV.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Played one for like 20 minutes before my hands started hurting. Have no idea how anyone can play on that version of the switch.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

I prefer the regular Switch with my TV. I don't really like little screens unless it's the only way to get a game.

gh87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gh87
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts

Hmm... I'm torn. Lite's battery life is not as good as that of newer model of Switch. Lite's battery lasts 4 to 7 hours, while newer Switch's lasts 5 to 9. If newer Lite model arrives with better battery life, then Lite it is.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Garbage handheld is still garbage.

You need a portable game system, in your own home? Umm, ok.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19590 Posts

@Sevenizz: The portability is actually really handy, even in lockdown.

If your partner wants to watch TV, you can keep playing. Plus you aren't tied to your couch - you can go play on your balcony, or in the garden, or whatever.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Garbage handheld is still garbage.

You need a portable game system, in your own home? Umm, ok.

As a PC gamer, the portability of the Switch has been a tremendous boon.

When waiting for a match, play some games of Smash, or a bit of Animal Crossing. A race in Mario Kart. Or maybe even one of the many, many indie gems on the system that is great in short bursts.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

"Gaming phone" is the funniest misnomer I've ever heard.

Anyway though, I think it kinda sucks that I can't use my Wii U pro controller on Switch

I have to buy a whole new 70eur controller just for Switch, when I have 4 perfectly good controllers on Wii U?

I guess I'll stick to handheld mode.

yeah basically i call them the apple of gaming in this regards. there first party games seem to never go under 50 bucks. there third party games are more expensive but there the worst versions of the games. I don't know how they survive in this market.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts

@gifford38 said:

yeah basically i call them the apple of gaming in this regards. there first party games seem to never go under 50 bucks. there third party games are more expensive but there the worst versions of the games. I don't know how they survive in this market.

They never compromise on their prices. But they never compromise on their games either.

There is no "Buy 50% of our game now, and the other 50% of our game through DLC" BS going on with Nintendo.

When you buy one of their games (for ludicrous prices) you get a full experience, that's polished and fun.

And yeah they really are the Apple of gaming with their pricing. It's probably why I tend to buy less of their stuff now.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

Why get a switch lite when you can get the switch?? Also, the switch lite is a disappointment in my opinion. I like the concept but Nintendo could have differentiated it by adding a second screen like with the DS. The second screen is useful to view maps, inventory, gear etc.