R.I.P. Killer Instinct , you were hardly known, but you will never be forgotten. COREUPT WINS!!

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

So glad that a Indie studio is making a killer instinct destroyer for the modern consoles.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59324 Posts

This legit looks like a successor to Rise Of The Robots.

So excited.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@daredevils2k: Why did you single out Killer Instinct?

Oh yeah - your a cow troll. My bad.

In other news "Xbox continues to live for free in the minds of cows like DareDevils2k! Story at 10!"

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Is killer instinct dead? From what I was told, a KI 10th anniversary edition has been remastered in 2013 for free.

But anyway, I'm intrigued by this new fighting game. I'll keep an eye on this as I love fighting games but I ain't gonna lie. This looks like an Indie fighting game cause it looks somewhat of a lightweight budget fighting game. No doubt this is an Indie fighting game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

Shit looks low budget.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44542 Posts

Ha, ha, ha! No. 🤣😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6709 Posts
@dabear said:

In other news "Xbox continues to live for free in the minds of cows like DareDevils2k! Story at 10!"

You see he mispoke, he meant to say R.I.P this lol.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

Which is funny, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal service was shut down back in 2018. KI had way more lags, All-Stars Battle Royal was crap, and I can sum it up as the most unbalanced fighting game I've ever played. Even Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl & MultiVerse were miles better than whatever Sony put out😅

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3142 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

This legit looks like a successor to Rise Of The Robots.

So excited.

I wonder if Dr. Brian May will contribute music to this one, too.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Last_Lap

@davillain said:
@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

Which is funny, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal service was shut down back in 2018. KI had way more lags, All-Stars Battle Royal was crap, and I can sum it up as the most unbalanced fighting game I've ever played. Even Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl & MultiVerse were miles better than whatever Sony put out😅

I was actually given KI for free back when the Xbox One first came out. I was given a code via a message from Xbox. I wrote it down somewhere and to this day I never played it, I also got codes for a few other games too, may have to go searching in my codes draw (yes I have a ton of old 2 days, 14 days, 1 month Xbox live codes) to see if I can find them. Might just give them away.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58504 Posts

Would this have been an arcade game in the 90's? Vaguely remember a Killer Instinct game but not sure.

Anyway not my cup of tea but that Beretta lady sure has thighs for this guy. And then I gesture at myself with my thumbs and smile hornily.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts
@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

😂😂😂

Wow I remember this dumpster fire...lmao

Love seeing the resident dogshit thread creator make another expired milk of a thread

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts

Killer Instinct looks better. I honestly hope they do a sequel.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silentchief

@boiled-hotdug said:
@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

😂😂😂

Love seeing the resident dogshit thread creator make another expired milk of a thread

It seems Playstation lives rent free in both of your heads. The reason I think he was comparing it to Killer instict is because the look and combo system has far more in common with KI then any other fighting game.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap

@silentchief said:
@boiled-hotdug said:
@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

😂😂😂

It seems Playstation lives rent free in both of your heads. The reason I think he was comparing it to Killer instict is because the look and combo system has far more in common with KI then any other fighting game.

Ho do you not know your fellow cow's (OP) post history. 99.9% of his threads are Xbox hate threads, and as you can see from this one, the game looks nothing like KI, I mean at all. But he needed a hook like he always does, and most of his threads get closed because they are nonsensical just like this one.

So, i'm having a little fun at the OP's expense. You know what, I think I remember playing the Playstaion battle royale game, I think I might even own it lol. I'm going to go check in the shed and see if it's in my collection of PS3 games.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silentchief

@last_lap said:
@silentchief said:
@boiled-hotdug said:
@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

😂😂😂

Ho do you not know your fellow cow's (OP) post history. 99.9% of his threads are Xbox hate threads, and as you can see from this one, the game looks nothing like KI, I mean at all. But he needed a hook like he always does, and most of his threads get closed because they are nonsensical just like this one.

So, i'm having a little fun at the OP's expense. You know what, I think I remember playing the Playstaion battle royale game, I think I might even own it lol. I'm going to go check in the shed and see if it's in my collection of PS3 games.

I guess I am a cow as I think for the most part the Playstation is the best console. But I own a XSX and I actually really enjoy Killer Instinct. I loved the series since the SNES days. I think this has more in common with KI than any others fighting game but certainly isn't a KI clone. I just don't see what this has to do with Playstation.

I've played it and couldn't get I to it. It was a poor man's smash.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3505 Posts

I come less and less here but I see the same people just making worse and worse threads. They don't even try to make sense.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

@last_lap said:
@silentchief said:
@boiled-hotdug said:
@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

😂😂😂

Right? Considering who OP is, this is clearly a dig at Killer Instinct because it's under the Xbox brand.

The game looks exactly what it is...an indie budget generic sci-fi fighting game with characters that look like they all come from a bunch of free to play MMORPG characters

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44682 Posts

🤢🤮 This looks like some game development school class project. Not to knock the talent, there's some good stuff there to put on their resumes going forward, but as a whole package, uh-uh, I wouldn't even play it if it were free-to-play.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

I want a new KI like the original 2 not like the last game.

As far as Coreupt goes, it does look cool but gives me stronger Injustice or Marvel vs. Capcom vibes (which isn't a bad thing).

Interested.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1411 Posts

Definitely looks as shoddy as KI. MS quality.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

I'm not going to dunk on an indie dev working with a small budget. As long as they are putting most of their effort into the gameplay, this could turn out well.

But it will not top Killer Instinct. Legit best fighting game to come from a western studio.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Would this have been an arcade game in the 90's? Vaguely remember a Killer Instinct game but not sure.

Anyway not my cup of tea but that Beretta lady sure has thighs for this guy. And then I gesture at myself with my thumbs and smile hornily.

There were two in the 90's, and a reboot in 2013. Check it out, it's great and has a few ladies with thighs for "this guy".

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

First of all, this looks like trash. But it's WIP so hopefully it will deliver for them.

Secondly, why does this need to be framed as a "destroyer" of another game, let alone a game that's literally a decade old that nobody is thinking about anymore?

It's like framing a future performance-minded Ford Focus built with newer tech and newer performance targets as a '68 Corvette destroyer. Like...okay? But first that fancy new Focus might actully not deliver said "destruction", and secondly the later is a classic car that stands on its own in history. Its legacy is already established.

As an independent game, it's very likely to not deliver (making a great fighting game is hard) and is trying to enter a very crowded fighting game space. And honestly, it's rather disrespectful to suggest that -- based on some very mediocre trailers -- that the gameplay or visuals will match the work that Iron Galaxy gave us over the lifespan of KI and its support, let alone the love and heart easily seen in every aspect of that game.

KI was a game good enough to be an granted space at EVO multiple times. You think this would ever get that level of notariety and reach that level of quality and polish based on what we see here? If not, then why does it get "destroyer" status? I'm not sure this could sniff Skullgirls' jock strap, never mind a product as polished and complete as KI became.

As I think about it, it's really unfair to these developers to push such a high bar on it. It's in development, man. Let them make the first Coreupt game rather than the next KI game.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

Well now you put a souless indie fighter with a long way to go in the shadow of Killer Instinct... Because you're a fanboy. Buried before it began...

So as they say:

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#26 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Everything looks too shiny, yet at the same time dull, somehow. Makes characters kind of difficult to tell apart. Also, not impressed with the animations.

I suppose I couldn't expect too much for a game of this budget.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

I'd much rather play Killer Instinct.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

Another thread Backfired. Where is that you tried gif😂

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

Wow, what a reach. Even though KI is a great fighter, it was a far cry from the originals. I do believe that KI trumps PSASBR, but that game was from the ps3 era, and support for that game was cut a long time ago.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39698 Posts

Quality of this thing is kind similar to Starfield.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Last_Lap

@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:
@dabear said:

Loading Video...

Wow, what a reach. Even though KI is a great fighter, it was a far cry from the originals. I do believe that KI trumps PSASBR, but that game was from the ps3 era, and support for that game was cut a long time ago.

You're right it was a reach to compare the game in the OP to Killer instinct, I was just helping him out is all. And the fact he hasn't posted in here means he's probably realised his thread sucked to begin with, oh well i'm sure he will be back with another MS/Xbox/lem hating thread in a day or two lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

What's funny (or sad) is that I'd immediately think this was a joke thread if it wasn't made by a Sony fanboy.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

TC has XDS like no other. Seek help. lol :P