STALKER Trilogy announced for Xbox! Available NOW!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17452 Posts

Just announced at the Xbox Partner Preview

Ive said this should happen for a while, what say you?

The version available today for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S will be close to the original version of theS.T.A.L.K.E.R.experience on PC. Xbox One players will finally be able to dive into the franchise, and those on Xbox Series X|S can enjoy the game in a high-fidelity mode via backward compatibility. Later this year, the team will release a patch for Xbox Series X|S version that will bring additional graphical enhancements and other features. The console versions will also have mod support via mod.io, but this too will be a feature to roll out later as the team continues to tweak things a bit, so keep an eye on GSC’s social media channels on when these features will roll out.

LINK

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1130 Posts

You can purchase the trilogy even before S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is out?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 navyguy21

@girlusocrazy said:

You can purchase the trilogy even before S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is out?

Yes, available now.

Too bad it isnt a remaster for PC

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@navyguy21: They went into the future and got part 3 even before 2 is out? Or is this an early access pre-purchase thing?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 navyguy21

@girlusocrazy said:

@navyguy21: They went into the future and got part 3 even before 2 is out? Or is this an early access pre-purchase thing?

My mistake, I thought you meant the original 3 games.

The original 3 stalker games are coming to Xbox, they were originally PC only:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@navyguy21: Oh. Sorry, I didn't know much about this series. That is confusing naming to me. It makes sense now though, thanks. Cool to see they are also supporting last gen this far out.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

Could be cool with the graphical enhancements. I just wonder how enhanced it will be. Won't convince me to buy an XBOX. Would be nice to fix all the bugs. I never could finish the first one.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
@DEVILinIRON said:

Could be cool with the graphical enhancements. I just wonder how enhanced it will be. Won't convince me to buy an XBOX. Would be nice to fix all the bugs. I never could finish the first one.

Any graphical enhancements will likely be worse than the ones available via mod for the PC version right now. However, the controller support would be cool for anyone wanting to go that route.

I have a feeling the devs will be updating the PC versions, too.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Also available to buy on PlayStation right now.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13047 Posts

@uitravioience said:

Cows don't care. This isn't a Weeb game with yellow birds and segways. This is a man's game. Xbox only matters here.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

Always wanted to check out the series but never had a pc.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44621 Posts

I never played it, might be interested. Wanna see some gameplay first to see how it looks and runs.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

One of the greatest game of all time. any console gamer missed it must play it.

10/10 game.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Agree 100%. When this came out, I was blown away by this game/series, and each game was better than the previous. I will buy this just to support the dev since I loved it so much for pc.

Is it the base version or did they add the mods that make the game awesome?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

One of the greatest game of all time. any console gamer missed it must play it.

10/10 game.

I just started Metro LL and am making my way through that trilogy. It is much better than I remember it being. I often compared it to CoD, but I see now where I was wrong in that assertion. Playing it reminds me of a scaled down STALKER with the setting which is what made me think of it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46484 Posts

Can they add controller support to pc too? Would love to play on deck

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10494 Posts
@navyguy21 said:

The version available today for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S will be close to the original version of theS.T.A.L.K.E.R.experience on PC.

if that's the case i'll at least wait for the graphical upgrades and mod support.

not against double dipping but there's no way i'm paying for versions of those games, good as they are - certainly 1 & 3, when ive got a gp sub, especially if they're only "close" to the og pc version. there are occasions when remasters are warranted, this is one of those times

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@kvallyx: lmao

JAPANIMEEEEEE GOOOOOOOOOOO

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By navyguy21

@Macutchi said:
@navyguy21 said:

The version available today for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S will be close to the original version of theS.T.A.L.K.E.R.experience on PC.

if that's the case i'll at least wait for the graphical upgrades and mod support.

not against double dipping but there's no way i'm paying for versions of those games, good as they are - certainly 1 & 3, when ive got a gp sub, especially if they're only "close" to the og pc version. there are occasions when remasters are warranted, this is one of those times

Yea, I'm definitely waiting for them to update the PC versions. The UI needs a lot of work, not to mention the bugs that exist in the base (and community patched) versions.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By UItravioIence

@kvallyx: we'll see how much either side cares after we get sales numbers. Just pointing out that this is also available on PlayStation right now. Not sure why the op didn't state that or edit his post 🤷

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69980 Posts
@uitravioience said:

@kvallyx: we'll see how much either side cares after we get sales numbers. Just pointing out that this is also available on PlayStation right now. Not sure why the op didn't state that or edit his post 🤷

His post doesn't claim it is exclusive but it is clear that it bothers you.🙃

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15949 Posts

Most important is, is it a vanilla experience or they updated parts with mods. Mods like the anomaly mod really helped sell the game for me I can't play the game without it on PC.

Do play the game in order though.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UItravioIence

@Pedro: just pointing out the facts😊

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69980 Posts

@uitravioience: That's what I did.🙃

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52447 Posts

Sweet. Gonna play this instead of Rebirth.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59124 Posts

“S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has been a PC franchise for a long time, so the key priorities were concentrated around adapting the experience for consoles as a whole (including, but not limited to, native controller support for console interfaces),” explains Bocharov. “We created everything from scratch, ensuring that the game was both easy to control and comfortable to play.”

For example, the team developed a weapon selection wheel and made changes to both the aiming system and the menu navigation so it could support an Xbox controller. The original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a complex game, so while optimizing the gaming experience, the development team made it an important goal to not lose that unique gameplay loop and the feeling of overcoming The Zone’s iconic and hostile environment. This has been a project a long time in the making, so there has been significant care and attention to detail to ensure this classic PC game can be enjoyed for a whole new console audience.

(watered down for babies)

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1324 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Did they add 20 hours of cut scenes for cows to enjoy while their controllers recharge?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Can they add controller support to pc too? Would love to play on deck

Hmmm... Yeah, that would be pretty cool. To whip out that thing and see how it runs.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Get out of here Stalker.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

I was hoping these would be remastered for PC and put on GP. Oh well.

I never liked the Stalker games back on my "first" PC days. (ca. 2009-12)

Will probably get Stalker 2 on GP anyway.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Oof.

The OG vanilla STALKERs have aged like milk. The games themselves have a design philosophy at the core that is incredibly solid and lends itself to an immense degree of emergent and dynamic gameplay that makes it very immersive, but many aspects of the games themselves that support that core game integrity have aged quite poorly. I’d argue that mods are a necessity to enjoy the franchise in the modern age, not only to fix the bugs, polish up the presentation, but to bring the mechanics out of antiquity and evolve on existing ones to their fullest potential.

It‘s honestly difficult to even talk about STALKER nowadays as the name encapsulates any number of a variety of mods and alterations, many of which drastically shift the focus. But I can say this for certain: I would not play the vanilla experiences anymore nor even recommend them, with the exception as advice to someone who is playing the franchise for the very first time who should do so to get the general gist and feel for the vanilla experience before they dive into the modding community, which is where the games really live and shine (my personal favorite overhaul remains GAMMA).

Aside, playing this with a controller and on consoles sounds like an absolute nightmare. Even with the pixel point precision of the mouse, I often get laid out in long distance engagements. I couldn’t even imagine how frustrating it would be to try to survive the Zone with a pad without significant alterations to the game that would compromise what make it great (which is one of the main reasons why I am not excited for STALKER 2). It’s going to be a casualized, watered down, action-oriented COD and Battlefield influenced cinematic experience….which is everything that the best of STALKER eschews, and for good reason.

No thanks.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:

It’s going to be a casualized, watered down, action-oriented COD and Battlefield influenced cinematic experience….which is everything that the best of STALKER eschews, and for good reason.

No thanks.

been saying fo 3 years. will be proven wrrrong when it release. It still maintain inventory, immersion, non linear gameplay, Alife.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MirkoS77
@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

It’s going to be a casualized, watered down, action-oriented COD and Battlefield influenced cinematic experience….which is everything that the best of STALKER eschews, and for good reason.

No thanks.

been saying fo 3 years. will be proven wrrrong when it release. It still maintain inventory, immersion, non linear gameplay, Alife.

Perhaps, but I don't think so.

I do not believe that the preferences of the gaming market that exists today are conducive to the type of game that STALKER was designed as many years ago. The developers, beholden to financial considerations of an industry that has grown largely unsustainable due to inflating budgets, will cater to current market whims and desires in their game design, creating a game that holds superficial resemblances to the past ones at best but will be designed at its core as something nigh unrecognizable to past efforts and will largely be compromising what made the originals so amazing.

Prove me wrong, because this is genuinely a franchise in which I'd love to be. The original three STALKERs are amongst my favorite games of all time (with some mods), and I want nothing more than a modern update on an old philosophy that puts current day design philosophies to absolute shame. But unfortunately, my cynicism and pessimism towards the industry is giving me no hope whatsoever for STALKER 2.....and I don't believe unreasonably so after having observed what the market has tended favoritism towards through the years.

We will see.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

So I played it on Xbox and the controller setup works shockingly well. You can even still lean.

It definitely could use the snap to target when aiming down sights like the games do nowadays, but overall, I was pleasantly surprised when I played it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:

Prove me wrong, because this is genuinely a franchise in which I'd love to be. The original three STALKERs are amongst my favorite games of all time (with some mods), and I want nothing more than a modern update on an old philosophy that puts current day design philosophies to absolute shame. But unfortunately, my cynicism and pessimism towards the industry is giving me no hope whatsoever for STALKER 2.....and I don't believe unreasonably so after having observed what the market has tended favoritism towards through the years.

We will see.

This was pure old school immersive sim. released in era of blockbuster cinematic games. stay true to old school immersive sim.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52447 Posts

Went back to Final Fantasy because I'm experiencing an insane amount of crashing. Please patch your broken game, so I can hail you as heroes.

Shame, really. It slaps.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:

We will see.

This was pure old school immersive sim. released in era of blockbuster cinematic games. stay true to old school immersive sim.

Not remotely the same.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

@saint-george: Worthy of the Golden Age of System Wars.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59124 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Went back to Final Fantasy because I'm experiencing an insane amount of crashing.

It's def Stalker, then.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@uitravioience said:

Cows don't care. This isn't a Weeb game with yellow birds and segways. This is a man's game. Xbox only matters here.

I love Weebs tho :(