The next Humble Monthly Bundle is a BEAST!

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

Dauym, look at these early unlocks!

Ya'll better get on this Humble Monthly Bundle if you're on PC, this is already insane value for $12 but it gets better, because you'll unlock extra games on the first Friday in January.

The Long Dark is a beast of a game, it's not everyone's cup o' tea though but if you like survival games, then you're unlikely to find a better game in that department.

The infamous Quantum Break, that caused so much butthurt in a certain group of fanboys, is a pretty good game if played on a decent PC.

Dawn of War III ain't as good as DoW 1 or 2 but it ain't bad either, for this price it's easily recommended.

Instead of paying of Game with Gold and garbage like that, I buy these monthly bundles every month and the value is usually really good, this one takes the cake doe.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Yeah, I think I might be down for that

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

Oh, good. I've been meaning to pick up Dawn of War 3, and I'm already subscribed, so this is perfect.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Meh, it's okay. For the price I guess you could do worse.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

How does humble bundle work exactly?:)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

That's the best one in a little while. I'mm all on-board for that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Now that's one hell of a deal right there!

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Do I want to subject myself to those games though?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

On top of that, if you are a member, you get access to the trove

Humble is my favorite site to support. Great deals supporting great causes.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DragonfireXZ95

@needhealing said:

12 dollars for 2 AAA games and one high profile indie? Seems like a great price to me. Plus, you get access to the trove, and they keep adding games on. In the end, you get 6 or more games in the bundle + 10% off any store purchase, and discounts stack, so if something is already 50% off, that means it's 60% off.

These are games you keep forever. None of that renting BS that Xbox Live and PSN do.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

On top of that, if you are a member, you get access to the trove

Humble is my favorite site to support. Great deals supporting great causes.

and store discount

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrLostRib

@djoffer said:

you basically buy a "subscription" and you will get to play those early unlocks immediately. at the end of the month they will reveal what additional games are in the monthly bundle. In addition, being a humble monthly subscriber gives you 10% off the humble store and access to the Humble trove which has drm free games you can download. You can buy for just one month and cancel it if you don't want the next month, and you keep the games you got. It's like Loot Crate but for video games

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iambatman7986

@djoffer: they let you know a game and the rest are hidden until the end of the month. It is rare they let you know 3 games like this month. For $12 you can get these games, but the hidden games aren't revealed until the last Friday of the month. These games are yours to keep, even if you cancel your sub.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iambatman7986

@howmakewood: right, how did I forget the 10% store wide discount? Such good stuff for the price. Even in a lackluster month, I still see the value.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Neat! And you have all of december to sign up?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iambatman7986

@djoffer said:

Neat! And you have all of december to sign up?

Yup. You can pay now and it unlocks the 3 known games and the rest unlock on the last Friday of the month. Once all the games unlock, the bundle can no longer be bought though.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11816 Posts

Dang it I could have gotten Blazblue if I subscribed sooner

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The Long Dark $35 MSRP? XD I have that game and thought it would be like $10. The others are pretty OK though. Maybe I should resinstall The Long Dark see what changed because I may have played a very early version of it.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Humble bundles are great. DOW3 is the only one of these 3 I'm a bit interested in, though. I'll skip and pick that up down the road when/if I decide I need it

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@walloftruth said:

The infamous Quantum Break, that caused so much butthurt in a certain group of fanboys, is a pretty good game if played on a decent PC.

Which group are you talking about?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

gonna see how much better the steam version is of QB, the win store version ran like shit on my old 980ti and it's pretty shit on 1080ti too, but it is pretty nice looking game at 4k with reconstruction disabled tho

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@needhealing said:

12 dollars for 2 AAA games and one high profile indie? Seems like a great price to me. Plus, you get access to the trove, and they keep adding games on. In the end, you get 6 or more games in the bundle + 10% off any store purchase, and discounts stack, so if something is already 50% off, that means it's 60% off.

These are games you keep forever. None of that renting BS that Xbox Live and PSN do.

Where are these AAA games you speak of? Cause I don't see any

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrLostRib
@TheShadowLord07 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@needhealing said:

Where are these AAA games you speak of? Cause I don't see any

QB and DOW III

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

How is Dawn of War III holding up? I was originally excited for this game and played the beta a bit but ultimately was feeling meh with the beta. Not sure if updates fixed the game now? Just been itching to play a solid RTS game on PC.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1848 Posts

@dagubot said:

How is Dawn of War III holding up? I was originally excited for this game and played the beta a bit but ultimately was feeling meh with the beta. Not sure if updates fixed the game now? Just been itching to play a solid RTS game on PC.

Spellforce 3 is released 11 December

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

@ivangrozny said:
@dagubot said:

Spellforce 3 is released 11 December

Wow! That game looks awesome! I never even heard about this series before. Closest thing I'll get to a Warcraft IV...lmao. Thanks man!

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#28 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

It's been a good service. Usually end up with a game I already own and I'm starting to get paranoid now about buying a game that might end up on the Humble Monthly. You get access to trove, a store discount, games you can gift or trade and games to keep when you unsub.

But this is one of the weaker early unlocks. Cool if you care about getting the most production value out of your subscription, but there have been better single early unlocks of games that flat out play better and added in only months after the games' release.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts

Only thing that looks good is The Long Dark. But 34.99 bucks is a crappy price. I can find it way cheaper than that elsewhere. It was way cheaper than that on Steam.

Am I missing something here?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

@Litchie said:

Only thing that looks good is The Long Dark. But 34.99 bucks is a crappy price. I can find it way cheaper than that elsewhere. It was way cheaper than that on Steam.

Am I missing something here?

$34.99 is the MSRP.

Humble Monthly is subscription service where you get a grab-bag of games, most of which are not known (similar to LootCrate but with videogames, typically in the form of Steam keys). The subscription is $12.00 month-to-month.

In the above instance, you'll get all three of the games for $12.00 total, plus more to come (it's usually around 10 or so games, with one marquee title and 9 indies or older games).

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Litchie

@Basinboy: Thanks for clarifying. Pretty good month for subscribers, then. I'm not a fan of gambling like that, though..

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@Litchie said:

@Basinboy: Thanks for clarifying. Pretty good month for subscribers, then. I'm not a fan of gambling like that, though..

They tell you ahead of time before the games hit, and you can cancel at any time.

Note: these are January games, not December.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Litchie

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Litchie said:

They tell you ahead of time before the games hit, and you can cancel at any time.

Oh, ok cool. So you can subscribe when you see something good, get the games and then cancel? And do the same thing if another good month comes? That's like the exact same thing as just buy everything for that cheap price, except there is bit more hassle if you have to subscribe and cancel everytime..

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DragonfireXZ95

@Litchie said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Litchie said:

Oh, ok cool. So you can subscribe when you see something good, get the games and then cancel? And do the same thing if another good month comes? That's like the exact same thing as just buy everything for that cheap price, except there is bit more hassle if you have to subscribe and cancel everytime..

How are you going to buy everything for that cheap price? Lol

I just stay subscribed, honestly. Games every month and then a 10% discount on the store.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Litchie

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Litchie said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Litchie said:

I just stay subscribed, honestly. Games every month and then a 10% discount on the store.

That came out wrong. Made it sound like I could just buy the games for 12 bucks elsewhere, and not bother with the subscription. That's not possible and not what I meant. I just mean subscribing and then cancel right away would be like buying the games for 12 bucks. Which would be nice. But whatever, it's not like I'm poor. Just trying to be a cheap bastard and get a bunch of games for 12 bucks without really subscribing.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

DoW 3 was very underwhelming, not surprised to see it showing up in a Humble Bundle so soon after it came out.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DragonfireXZ95

@with_teeth26 said:

DoW 3 was very underwhelming, not surprised to see it showing up in a Humble Bundle so soon after it came out.

Quantum Break was also in the same boat. Surprised that didn't hit deals sooner. Lol

The Long Dark is probably the best deal of the bunch.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@Litchie said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Litchie said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Litchie said:

That came out wrong. Made it sound like I could just buy the games for 12 bucks elsewhere, and not bother with the subscription. That's not possible and not what I meant. I just mean subscribing and then cancel right away would be like buying the games for 12 bucks. Which would be nice. But whatever, it's not like I'm poor. Just trying to be a cheap bastard and get a bunch of games for 12 bucks without really subscribing.

You don't have to subscribe, you can buy every monthly bundle separately if you so wish. So if you just want this bundle here, then you can simply give them your 12 bucks as a one time payment and get your games. Don't forget the extra unlocks that will be unveiled on the first Friday of January, they're yours to keep as well.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DrLostRib

So is Quantum Break actually worth playing

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts
@drlostrib said:

Quantum Break is a bad game. I don't say that often about games. Remedy aren't what they used to be.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@djoffer said:

It's a subscription service that sends you super-cheap games every month, but you don't get to see most of them before they send them.

From what I understand, $12 for The Long Dark is a really good deal. I just bought Lords of the Fallen GOTY for $5 CAD so I'll pass on this.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

Finally did it. Playing the heck out of The Lone Dark right now. Fantastic game!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

@drlostrib said:

I played the first act. Not really interested in continuing just yet. I'm more into Long Dark.