LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1934 Posts

As the title suggests, there are 63 games that sold more than a million. Here's a quick list of them:

I'm wondering if this is only first and second party, because I don't see Monster Hunter on this list, and it definitely should be.

Though from the numbers, it looks like a well rounded console for appeal. There are some casual games, party games, and core games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

Nintendo sure hit a home run with the Switch. So many excellent games in that list there.

I got 28 games from that list myself.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

Only seems to include their own published games, which is pretty damn good either way. I was curious to see where Minecraft ranked on the list.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

Look at the quarterly sales for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! Not only that, but also the worldwide sales (at least 57 million copies) which are higher than the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Only seems to include their own published games, which is pretty damn good either way. I was curious to see where Minecraft ranked on the list.

Octopath is no longer published by Nintendo though

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34774 Posts

I don't like the MK8 sales.

1. It's a re-release for full price.
2. It has no fun gimmicks. It's so vanilla. I want to see a Double Dash 2.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

Great for nintendo as it shows nintendo stuff sells but it also shows that many casual and non gamer buying it as a gaming device. Highest 3rd party sales probably MHR, Minecraft, Japanese only exclusive and then jack shit until probably million sellers like SMTV and anime games.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6108 Posts

I’m curious to know what PS and Xbox has? The Switch has 63,very impressive.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

55 Nintendo LABO 01: Variety Kit

*Sigh* Oh god dammit

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Great numbers. I'm not a fan of their games anymore and havent bought a system since WiiU.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

lol :P

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@brimmul777: Sony got like 2 😆

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
@Litchie said:

I don't like the MK8 sales.

1. It's a re-release for full price.

2. It has no fun gimmicks. It's so vanilla. I want to see a Double Dash 2.

On one...yea it is. But it also released on the wiiu...so basically no one actually played it....except me :P.

I thought it was one of the better MKs anyway though. Glad it found a bigger audience.

Anywho: Astral Chain outsold Bayonetta 2 and 3? Wierd. Solid game but...really?

Xenoblade 2 Outsold 1 and 3? That's sad....but not that surprising. The thirst is real. Still sad though. 1 and 3 were great. I wonder where that series will go with the production values expected of a switch 2 game. 2 million is not great sales for a big PS4 level production. I hope the series continues (more in the vein of 1, X and 3 though please).

Metroid Prime remastered also did solid it looks like which is good. Should be higher but we don't live in a world of justice (ref Xenoblade 2). I will once again remind people: If you have a switch AND you have not played Metroid Prime then you need to fix that. You don't get to claim "I have nothing to play on the switch" unless you have knocked that off the list. "But it's not my type of game".....i don't care. Sort it out.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@osan0: It sold like 8 million copies on Wii U. Whatcha mean barely no one played it??

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@osan0: It sold like 8 million copies on Wii U. Whatcha mean barely no one played it??

It's all relative :P.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

I got 18 of the games off that list

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39702 Posts

And out of those 63 games, how many of those were chugging between 10-27fps throughout each game? What difference does it make if a game sells a ton, gets high scores, or wins lots of awards, when the system the game was developed for, can't even run it? This number is only impressive to a child, for the simple fact that a kid won't pay attention for how abysmal literally everything non 2D runs on the Switch. If you're an adult, you should know better. The Switch is simply not made for gamers. There's no ifs and buts, its not made for a gamer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

^^^ That’s some heavy duty copium. 😂

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD

@hardwenzen said:

And out of those 63 games, how many of those were chugging between 10-27fps throughout each game? What difference does it make if a game sells a ton, gets high scores, or wins lots of awards, when the system the game was developed for, can't even run it? This number is only impressive to a child, for the simple fact that a kid won't pay attention for how abysmal literally everything non 2D runs on the Switch. If you're an adult, you should know better. The Switch is simply not made for gamers. There's no ifs and buts, its not made for a gamer.

Your nuts bro, Sony got no gameplay. Nintendo go all the gameplay

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen  Online

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

Sony games are functional, as in, they aren't being released at 17fps.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SargentD

@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

Don't need 60 fps to watch movies on playstation

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen  Online

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

That's why your next movie is guaranteed to be running at Starfield frames and graphical settings.

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD

@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

That's why your next movie is guaranteed to be running at Starfield frames and graphical settings.

Loading Video...

Why you gotta bring up a Microsoft game? I was talking about Nintendo lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

One thing I love about the Switch is just play Nintendo exclusive games while I'm at work. It gets zero play while I'm at home, and Nintendo is lucky I'm able to play it anywhere but home.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6718 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

I’m curious to know what PS and Xbox has? The Switch has 63,very impressive.

The Switch has sold 132 million units, been out for 6yrs, some of the games have barely scratched a million, and only the top 20 has hit 10+ million. Not nearly as impressive as it sounds. Some of the games on that list don't even equate to a 1% attach rate.

MS doesn't report numbers, and Sony isn't releasing much at present, but give them more time in the market to sell more units, and compare them at 6yrs.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#26 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@last_lap: The PS2 is the best selling console of all time, and its best selling game sits at under 18 million. Switch has nine games that sold more than 18 million, so the attach rate seems pretty impressive to me.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6718 Posts

@The_Deepblue: You also need to take into account that people are not buying the Switch for third party games as most third party games skip the Switch, so you need to buy something.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Deepblue

@last_lap: Not a bad point, though Switch’s third party is not too shabby, and the system’s portability factor make some third party, multiplat titles a preferable choice despite the system being lower-powered than its competitors.

And the first party stuff people “have to buy” is pretty darn good. That’s a list of mostly high quality games up there, some being the cream of the crop of this generation and of all time.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

@The_Deepblue: I wonder if most gamers, epecially those who purchased a Switch even cared about it being low-powered compared to its competitors. The people who cared about console power are "hardcore" gamers; like those who post in System Wars.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Deepblue

@onesiphorus: The sales figures indicate that, over 132 million separate times, someone purchased a Switch, and the idea that it was “underpowered” didn’t stop them from buying it. It’s my favorite system this gen and probably ever.

But I also understand wanting to get the “better version” of a game available on multiple systems. As someone who has owned a Steam Deck and Switch simultaneously, it was an easy choice to get the Steam version for the Steam Deck if it was available on both systems. That said, Nintendo’s first party titles tend to run very well. Metroid Dread and Super Mario Bros. Wonder, as examples, both look awesome and run buttery smooth on Switch.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@brimmul777: Sony got like 2 😆

sony and xbox sell more games period because of third party.

take nin exclusives away nin be out of business.

call me when nin sells that many plus third party games over ps5 and xbox.

by the way every sony exclusives sells over a million to.

sony has way more than 2.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts
@The_Deepblue said:

@last_lap: The PS2 is the best selling console of all time, and its best selling game sits at under 18 million. Switch has nine games that sold more than 18 million, so the attach rate seems pretty impressive to me.

thats because switch users buy only nin exclusives while they buy third party on xbox or

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#34 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

LuxuryHeart permanently shilling the Switch, a system that is not made for gamers.🤷‍♂️

My giant Switch library strongly disagrees with you. lol

So what makes a gamer then, if not being someone who enjoys playing video games? Because that's the only thing that really matters.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendoboy16

@gifford38: Octopath is a Square Enix IP. It's on the list.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoboy16

@nepu7supastar7: Pay him no heed.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

What an amazing library of games... damn it's been a great generation for Nintendo.