what if Nintendo's next gen console was just another 360/PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
It would be pretty unnecessary and boring imo.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of the Wii, not as of this moment anyway. But it's a whole lot better if it were just another gamecube so to speak.

I mean, just another console with a normal controller and graphics that are up there with the other two consoles.
Wouldn't that just make the market a lot more BORING?

I'd think so.

Your thoughts?
-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -voodoo_child-
Member since 2006 • 1648 Posts
If it did happen, it would fail like the GC. The only reason the Wii gets talked about is because it's different...
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
It'd make the market a whole lot more expensive.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
if it was another 360/PS3 it will lose this gen again.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
They made the best choise...Nintendo was lossing they had to think outside the box to win...which they are
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
Then it would win this gen, cuz it's CHEAP (only if they murdered mario)
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
Based upon the price of the WIi, it would cost more then the new PS3 elite if there is one. It would still be a Zelda playing console and would still count on Mario and the rest of the crew. What you have at the mo, is alot of sheep lowing their standards to the point of non gamers to justify their purchase and choice. Using how popluar something is, like it is always a sign of true quailty. To say it would be boring, really says that NIntendo doesnt have the games. It has to hide this fact and that its games are the same ole same ole, by using a new controller to hide the same gameplay mechanics. In the end its the games that should make the console. To any conehat wearing sheep, if your going to bring a console into this use the 360. I dont have a Ps3 nor do I intend to get one.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
I think they saw a bad trend starting in the industry and decided something needed to be done...you can't really argue that they were right..The Wii is outselling the PS3 and will very soon surpass the 360 in sales...i like how they're making developers think in new ways..developers, if they are now, won't be able to ignore the Wiifor long if they want to stay current and profitable.
Sinheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sinheart
Member since 2003 • 1705 Posts
if it was just like ps3 or 360 I wouldn't have bought it. It would have been another dissapointment like gamecube. I think nintendo made the best decision they could.
thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
I think the Wii will win, but ultimately I think Sony has a stronger force in the race this time. They're really playing their cards right, better than when Nintendo was doing their N64. Nintendo could do HD gaming, but it would need to be an even better or new motion sensing controller. If its the same wiimote, screw Nintendo. The Wii is only good once, it's a wild card. If Nintendo doesn't keep innovating, they will fail, once again. Kinda ironic isn't it? That the more innovative you appear, the hard it becomes to innovate the industry itself.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
I wholeheartily agree with TC. This generation it is much better for owning Wii + 360/PS3 since the gaming experience will be very different for each console, not like last gen when I bought multiple consoles just for the exclusivce games that could easily be played same/similar on all the consoles.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts
The next Nintendo system after Wii is gonna have the innovative controls of the Wii added with AMAZING GRAPHICS, I thought everyone knew that.
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Developers would have stuck with the 360/PS3, and Nintendo's system would have been another Gamecube: lots of great first-party games, but practically no third-party support.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ps3-nikita
The next Nintendo system after Wii is gonna have the innovative controls of the Wii added with AMAZING GRAPHICS, I thought everyone knew that. AB_Uppercut
Flies in the face of what they are preaching right now. If Wii HD comes out with 2-3 years, not a single sheep could ever speak out about milkage again. BTW Wiimote not innovative, I dont care if 99% of the people say so. The Emperior still has no clothes on.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
[QUOTE="AB_Uppercut"]The next Nintendo system after Wii is gonna have the innovative controls of the Wii added with AMAZING GRAPHICS, I thought everyone knew that. ps3-nikita
Flies in the face of what they are preaching right now. If Wii HD comes out with 2-3 years, not a single sheep could ever speak out about milkage again. BTW Wiimote not innovative, I dont care if 99% of the people say so. The Emperior still has no clothes on.

Proove us wrong then. Show us wich other full-scaled gaming unit has done the same as Wii. Keep in mind only tilt alone (Pelican controller, Powerglove, Sidewinder) or only pointer alone (Light-gun) or only one of the other features is not enough. It needs to have most to the point that you can do all thge same things to prove that Wii isnt innovative.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Nintendo is building a fanbase right now. Next gen they will have the fanbase in order to use newer technology and provide the complete experience. At least... that is one possible outcome.
stilfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stilfro
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts
It will rule.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#18 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
It would be dull. Nintendo are doing something different and I like the way they are doing it. The Wii and DS are great.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ps3-nikita
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="AB_Uppercut"]The next Nintendo system after Wii is gonna have the innovative controls of the Wii added with AMAZING GRAPHICS, I thought everyone knew that. Kaarstein

Proove us wrong then. Show us wich other full-scaled gaming unit has done the same as Wii. Keep in mind only tilt alone (Pelican controller, Powerglove, Sidewinder) or only pointer alone (Light-gun) or only one of the other features is not enough. It needs to have most to the point that you can do all thge same things to prove that Wii isnt innovative.

The problem, isnt that I need to prove that the Wii is a collection of old tech recycled into 1 wireless unit. It has yet to be proved that it makes the real difference in standard games its suppose to. When there is a genre which is deemed unplayable or nearly unplayable with a controller defining system. Then Houston we have a problem. When we have games that require teh GC or a classic controller, Houston we have bigger problems. You have a even bigger problem, when this is allowed to go really unquestioned. Now I await that list of games, that high pecentage of games, not the few. Show me the loads and loads of reviews on how games are really being improved, genres have been taken to new levels and no, I dont mean got a wider casual audience. Let me see the reviews that shows us how Wii is revolutionise gaming industry. Now if you start pulling out non gaming games, I wont even lol at you, I just wont even bother respond. Dont use sales either, that doesnt really mean jack other then you can find that many suckers to buy a product. Not a slate on the Wii, it just works in every field of the entertainment industry.