Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

Three videos comparing the framerates of WRC9, We Happy Few and Project Cars 3 on the Xbox One X vs Xbox Series S. Keep in mind, the Xbox Series X is not shown here, just the X1X vs XSS.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

Some comments for context please.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xplode_games

@sakaixx said:

Three videos comparing the framerates of WRC9, We Happy Few and Project Cars 3 on the Xbox One X vs Xbox Series S. Keep in mind, the Xbox Series X is not shown here, just the X1X vs XSS.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20120 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@sakaixx said:

What are the resolution differences between the two?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I wish they would've included a disc drive in the Series S :(

Since I never upgraded to the One X, it would have been a nice upgrade from the One S as it's playing the BC games very well, and it would have allowed me to play next gen games.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

How can you compare frame rates when the resolutions are different? X1X targets 4k, XSS targets 1080p. Of course the XSS will have higher frame rates(plus the much better CPU).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69673 Posts

Better CPU nets better results.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39103 Posts

The S was in stock on the 3rd (Walmart Canada) for OVER 12 HOURS. Nobody was buying it. From what i've heard, Costco has a mountain of these things and nobody is interested. The power gap is way too large. Even the casuals that this system was made for are ignoring it because of all the poor performance you keep on hearing across all the social media

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xplode_games

@Zero_epyon said:
@Xplode_games said:
@sakaixx said:

What are the resolution differences between the two?

Sorry but I don't know. The youtuber doesn't mention differences in resolution, not even in the comment section can the info be found. We'll have to wait for digital foundry for a like to like comparison if they ever do a X1X vs XSS comparison.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22387 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

The S was in stock on the 3rd (Walmart Canada) for OVER 12 HOURS. Nobody was buying it. From what i've heard, Costco has a mountain of these things and nobody is interested. The power gap is way too large. Even the casuals that this system was made for are ignoring it because of all the poor performance you keep on hearing across all the social media

Really? I've been hearing positive things about it. My cousin has one, and says he's pretty impressed with it. The games still look good & run smooth. He said AC Valhalla looks really nice.

I'm actually considering buying one.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen  Online

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Really? I've been hearing positive things about it. My cousin has one, and says he's pretty impressed with it. The games still look good & run smooth. He said AC Valhalla looks really nice.

I'm actually considering buying one.

If you want one, you might as well get the XboneX instead.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01

@hardwenzen: Nah, because the Series S has a way better CPU and has the SSD. Anyway, I'm not sure yet. I might still get the Series X.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xplode_games

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@hardwenzen: Nah, because the Series S has a way better CPU and has the SSD. Anyway, I'm not sure yet. I might still get the Series X.

Keep in mind there almost certainly will be a console refresh mid gen. So even people like me who purchased the Series X understand that I will be buying another console in a few short years because I want very high performance.

The Series S is fine unless you have a 75" Oled with VRR and 120hz mode and you sit close as hell to it. If you just have a cheap 4k and sit far from it, it will be difficult to notice the difference between the Series S and X. For example if you have a 55" or smaller cheap 4k tv in your living room. Even a 65" in most living rooms you will barely notice maybe a tiny difference. To really notice you need a very high quality very big display and you must be sitting at the proper distance from it which is a lot closer than most people realize. You really have to be what would seem to most ridiculously close to a high quality 75 no kidding.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xplode_games

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Don't forget the S also has ray tracing and the one X doesn't.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@Xplode_games said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

What kind of RT do you expect to get on a system with inferior gpu to what's inside the XboneX, a system from 2016? It supporting RT means nothing when without RT the games are already running in 900p. The S is a really poor purchase if that's your main system for the years to come.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

Cool. Can you share a link to this immense availability?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Cool. Can you share a link to this immense availability?

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoGameDealsCanada/comments/k6m2a1/xbox_series_s_staplesca/

This one was from staples. I do not have the link to Walmart anymore, but it was available for a long ass time as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoGameDealsCanada/comments/k6m2a1/xbox_series_s_staplesca/

This one was from staples. I do not have the link to Walmart anymore, but it was available for a long ass time as well.

"Costco has a mountain of these things". Please linkify.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xplode_games

@hardwenzen said:
@Xplode_games said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

What kind of RT do you expect to get on a system with inferior gpu to what's inside the XboneX, a system from 2016? It supporting RT means nothing when without RT the games are already running in 900p. The S is a really poor purchase if that's your main system for the years to come.

If it makes you feel better at night then buy the Xbox Series X, hey I bought one too. But I don't lie to myself to think it's a world better than the S. It's not really that noticeable unless you're looking at DF videos to own fanboys or if you have again a high quality large display that allows you to appreciate the difference.

Are we playing videogames or are we running benchmarks all day to try to feel better about our purchases? If someone needs to feel better about their hardware then yes buy the best thing you can afford. If you just want to enjoy great games then for a lot of people, the S will deliver 99% same gameplay experience as the XSX and PS5.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01

@hardwenzen: That's the thing, it's not really my "main" system. I play Switch mostly... it'll just basically be a Gamepass machine for me.

Anyway like I said, I haven't decided yet.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

"Costco has a mountain of these things". Please linkify.

I didn't see the costco one, but only heard from someone who been in one and took a picture on reddit as well. But you can clearly see the staples one being available for a very long time and the same thing happened with Walmart. In Canada, nobody gives a damn, even scalpers 😎😱

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

There’s Series S games with resolutions dropping into Nintendo Switch territory. It’s almost impossible to recommend that console for any purpose. There’s like 300GB of ssd space and it will nearly cost you the cost of the console to expand. Then the lack of a UHD drive... Just buy the Series X please

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

I didn't see the costco one, but only heard from someone who been in one and took a picture on reddit as well. But you can clearly see the staples one being available for a very long time and the same thing happened with Walmart. In Canada, nobody gives a damn, even scalpers 😎😱

So, you made shit up about Costco. Gotcha. 😎

I guess Canadians don't care too much about the Series S when the X is better. I am more surprised that Staples sells consoles. I didn't know that until now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

So, you made shit up about Costco. Gotcha. 😎

I guess Canadians don't care too much about the Series S when the X is better. I am more surprised that Staples sells consoles. I didn't know that until now.

I didn't make any shit about Costco, i just didn't care enough to verify it through links given in that thread. The only reason why i even heard about this is because i am following the restock of the ps5 and the X through reddit, and it was mentioned and trolled by many. Staples had them for over 12 hours. If this was the X or the PS5, they'd be out of stock in 1-3minutes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

I didn't make any shit about Costco, i just didn't care enough to verify it through links given in that thread. The only reason why i even heard about this is because i am following the restock of the ps5 and the X through reddit, and it was mentioned and trolled by many. Staples had them for over 12 hours. If this was the X or the PS5, they'd be out of stock in 1-3minutes.

Don't you already own the systems you want? How are using reddit for stock checking? Isn't that slower than an actual monitor?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

The S is kind of tempting now for retro stuff lol hmmm. Can the xb1x do the retro suff? lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Don't you already own the systems you want? How are using reddit for stock checking? Isn't that slower than an actual monitor?

I need another PS5 for someone i know. He got rid of the S i preordered him in like a week after receiving it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

I need another PS5 for someone i know. He got rid of the S i preordered him in like a week after receiving it.

Link

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Link

Intrestingu. Was using https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoGameDealsCanada/new/ to track